Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

I take Ethan on a stroll for 45 mintues, come back, give him lunch, have my Soup, lay down for a little snooze while he's sleeping, come back here and..... yikes!!! Everything is different!!

Tracy ... your pics are great.. and you are going to look younger and younger the more weight you lose. I can see it already!!

Eh... not too sure about this "new look" for the board... Who IS that gal up on top peakiing over the edge to see what we're gabbin' about?? And I prefered the ads to the Right... guess I'll get used to it... sigh...

Tracy!~~ Great pics! You just KNOW that we all wish you'd do that for US, right?? <wink, wink, nudge, nudge!> I wish I was computer literate... I can send e-mail and type in Word... woo hoo.

Lunasa~~ Another FANTASTIC post! I am so grateful to have you with me on this journey! My Oscar... sadly I could probably be nominated in many categories... "Most horrible person to herself" (you would not believe the way I talk to myself!)... "Biggest faker of happiness" (always, always a smile)... "Helper to the World" (any/everyone who knows me knows where to go if they need any help at all -- minor or major -- it doesn't matter... that's how come I've had my friend's 2 kids staying w/us since Tuesday... people don't even need to ASK me -- if I hear that you're in a bind, I offer myself up to you! I swear some folks KNOW that about me, and use it against me... no one to blame but myself...)... "Least self-confidence in an very seemingly confident person"... I'm going to stop now... this is just too easy! Lots of head work to do, obviously...

Laura~~ great house pics -- what an exciting time for you! :D

Sara~~ Great job on the exercise so far this month!

Kity~~ "rabbit turds covered in chocolate"... mmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

Everyone... have a great day!

LOL!!!

Michelle:

1. Create a word document with the text that you want shown.

2. PRINT SCREEN on your keyboarb

3. PASTE into PAINT

4. Select you text/pics and CUT (CNTRL X)

5. Select ALL and Delete

6. PASTE (Cntrl V)

7. Resize by adjusting the "attributes" (mine is 400 x 165)

8. SAVE AS (shrink.jpg)

9. Upload to photobucket

10.Insert into signature like you do a ticker

YOUR DONE!

LOL!!!

Michelle:

1. Create a word document with the text that you want shown.

2. PRINT SCREEN on your keyboarb

3. PASTE into PAINT

4. Select you text/pics and CUT (CNTRL X)

5. Select ALL and Delete

6. PASTE (Cntrl V)

7. Resize by adjusting the "attributes" (mine is 400 x 165)

8. SAVE AS (shrink.jpg)

9. Upload to photobucket

10.Insert into signature like you do a ticker

YOUR DONE!

Easy for YOU to say!!!! :nervous

what can I say.... its a slow day at the convent.. :)

I stayed in for lunch and my boss is on a rant driving me crazy!!!! I had to go to the bathroom so that he would leave my office!

Its still raining and cool...and I just want to skip out early soooo bad!

OH Ya:

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BE ABLE TO EDIT THE spreadsheet needs to PM me their email address so I can send you an invite to do so...

Laura, I added your current stats but for you to be able to keep it up I need your email.

Who is the skinny bitch at the top on the home page? Our inspiration? Hey I just remembered today is my 1 month BANDAVERSARY!!! I was looking at some before and after pix and squale (pat) posted his 1 month shot...man, he has lost 47 pounds and looks great already! I know this is not a race...but I'd say, he is winning!

Hi girls!

Wow, go away for a day---and I need an hour to read---I love it! Glad to see everyone is hanging in there!

Not much change with Rick. Heart rate is still high, but has dropped a few. He has a medication increase, and we go back Monday. He has several tests scheduled the end of the month, they are going to give the meds til then to work. He is off until Monday, then will go back to work. He is a foreman at his job, so he has the option of pointing his finger and telling others to do the job....it is not how he usually works, but they all know he is having problems, so it should be ok.

Tracy---very cool picture ticker----I am not that computer handy!!! I have to have someone resize all of my pics---I am lost!

Christy---I read where you were going to the Dr. then nothing, did I skim over it? What did she have to offer?

Adorable----hiccups are my soft signal----I get a soft stop signal before ever getting the hiccups, my nose gets sniffly---it is telling me to quit, before it gets more demanding, with hiccups, then PB! I have learned to listen!!!!

Terry---hormones--and weight loss, yes they do go hand in hand. I read about it in another thread back when I was first banded. They were warning of the emotional outbursts. Fat cells store estrogen. So when the fat cell is eliminated, I guess the estrogen is released into the body----so you WOULD get similar symptoms to PMS. I thought I would be free of those issues, because I no longer make hormones, but was told, my body continued to horde them, and I was emotional. I felt like I was the worst bander ever, I ate the wrong things, and I was losing weight, but I still had this huge fat belly, and I was always going to have it because I was cheating with my eating....I was like a dog chasing his own tail, I went around and around, bemoaning the same issues!!! The good news is, it DOES go away! I no longer have the bursts of emotion that way---I stay on a pretty even keel most of the time. When I do lose it, it is usually related to outside stresses, like with my SIL the other day. Rick was sick, and she was riding my ass, so I lost it on her! She is barely speaking to me----too bad!

Judy---isn't that the truth, Rick just utters the words "lose some weight" and 5 pounds jumps off. Totally unfair!!!

kity---I wondered when I opened up LBT today too who she was. Would have been cool to have had one of our successful banders up there!

Michelle--- we are going to have to come up with some new categories for you....person no one recognizes anymore (lots of weight loss) One too busy exercising to do everyone elses job...!!

Lunasa---love the insights!!! Keep 'em coming!!!

Laura---can't wait to see more of your house!!!

Not trying to ignore, anyone, my brain is totally fried, and I cannot scroll back any further!!! Back in my early LBT days I made a cheat sheet of my thread buddies, I may have to resort to my old tactics.....or maybe I could get some sleep---there's an idea!!!!

I need to check in a couple of other places, will be back to check on you all----all you bandsters---you all made it, and I am so happy for you!!! No surgeries cancelled for fatty livers ( I made a type there and it originally read, fatty lovers---another aspect of the thread I was going to address!!). You worked it, and you all made it, I feel like a proud Mama!!!!!

Libido---will make some serious changes. Or your acceptance of it. One of my "goals" was to hop on top again (sorry---but it is true!), without smushing poor DH! Well ladies this cowgirl is riding again! I move easier, feel less self concious, and know I may not look nice and smooth and sleek, but he isn't complaining so neither am I!!! Hang in there. I have never felt my port without some serious prodding, even my Dr. has trouble, so that I can't even respond to.......sorry!!!

Kat

Ridem CowGIRL! Yeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwww

Will this day ever end??????????? I'm going for a roam around the halls!

Okay, I really would like to scream and have a fit, then throw my computer out the window! I cannot delete my lap band ticker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jane

p.s. Laura, I can relate to your door, I got a new bathroom sink a few years ago and was TOTALLY obsessed over it. Everyone had to see my sink even before it was installed!!!

Tracy~ I went to Catholic school for 8 years...what is it about nuns and a convent that makes me want to go out back, smoke ciggys and make-out w/ cute boys! LOL...sorry for my flashback...you know the saying, "You can take the girl out of Catholic school, but you can't take the Catholic school out of the girl!"

I know what you mean, rainy days are meant for movies on the couch. I live in a place that sees about 10-15 days a year of rain, so when it is here...I wanna get the most out of it (playing hookey comes to mind)! Hang in there.

OH yeah,

I think we should all pitch in and buy Kat a groovy pink cowgirl hat...w/ diamond studs...yeah, or lots of sparkly stuff! LOL

Okay, I really would like to scream and have a fit, then throw my computer out the window! I cannot delete my lap band ticker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jane

Poor Jane!!!! Try this:

1) Click on "User CP" at the top of this page

2) Click on "Edit Signature" on the left

3) Scroll down to the "Edit Signature" window (not the "preview" window)

4) Move your cursor over the ticker until you see a cross-hair then click on it

5) Hit your "delete" button

6) scroll down again and then click on "Save Signature"

Eh??