Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Laura - You should be able to find recipe books called "3 Ingredient Cookbook" or "4 Ingredient Cookbook"....like that....I remember when I was a youngster like you I had one. Wait...here's a link for one on half.com:

http://product.half.ebay.com/Essential-3-Ingredient-Cookbook-4-Ingredient-Cookbook-5-Ingredient-Cookbook_W0QQprZ57160910QQtgZinfo

I hate to cook, too. Welcome to the club.

I found info about "menu labeling" for restaurant chains....and what kind of legislation is out there. Apparently it has to be legislated by each individual state and some states are more interested in menu labeling than others. (Hell will probably freeze over before Texas does it...we don't wanna know what's in our chicken fried steak!) And, as you can imagine, the Restaurant Association has a large and active lobbying effort against it. I found out which states have bills pending on their website, if you're interested:

http://www.restaurant.org/government/state/nutrition/bills_labeling.cfm

Thanks for both links. So now I wonder, since McAlister's does have a chain in some of the states requiring the info, why wouldn't they have it available? (I'm with you, Alabama doesn't wanna know LOL! I am surprised to see Tennessee on this list..)

The only state requiring the info right now is New York. The others are all still pending I think.

Oh, I didn't see the pending part. I saw New Mexico turned it out down, and assumed the rest were OKing it.

And McAlister doesn't have a location in NY. (Just checked). So that's that!

I am feeling down right HUNGRY right now!!!!!!!!!!! My stomach is actually growling! NO!NO!.. I wanted the post op swelling restriction to last a bit longer!!!!!!!

I made Egg Drop Soup (from a box) last night and had the left overs for lunch and I am starving...... Maybe its all this talk of FAST FOOD! LOL

Like Pamela (Kity) I was a car eater........... oooooh how many times did I swing by Mcdonalds or Wendys on the way home from work and get a shake and a burger.. and then stop to dump the evidence at a car wash or gas station trash can. How many times did I eat out of stress, anger, hurt, rejection, and depression (over my weight) never ending circle of self sabotage....... How many times did I finish WHATEVER so that it wouldn't go to waste........

I will be a work in progress my entire life.......

I believe I'm going to have some refried Beans with Salsa tonight..... I will try it for my mushies.... I am about sick of soup.

Hey all,

Just wanted to share. I am on "soft foods" and today for lunch I had something very yummy!!

1/2 c. refried Beans

1/4 cup cheddar

1/2 cup grilled chicken

Threw it all together and popped it in microwave. I added 1 table spoon of salsa and 1 tablespoon of lite sour cream...

The total was 2 grams of sugars!!!! And that came from the salsa and sour cream. My doctor has me focusing on counting the sugars, so I try to be mindful as I prepare meals. But this was warm and yummy!!

Thought I would share!

Tracy, we posted at the same time. The Beans are great...it was my first mushie meal. I hate Soup too.

One problem I have is that on Mon and Tues, I work 12 hour days. I pack Breakfast lunch and dinner all by 7am. I hate that, but it is needed so I never do fast food again (i love fast food). But it is all just shit...sorry, but it is. I would eat a burger and fries and be hungry 2 hours later, because the food had little or no good nutritional value...just bad carbs that left me feeling empty.

Please God, don't let me ever eat fast food again. I repeat this in my nightly prayers.

Anyway, enjoy your beans Tracy...mmmmmmmmmm

Laura... I just spent the time from my last post looking at that site...

WRONG thing to do when I'm hungry..... and OH MAN.. it has me thinking..

Just HOW MANY FRICKEN CALORIES DID I USED TO EAT?????????

I really felt the words that lunasa wrote about secretly eating. I have done the same, or acted like I was ordering for more than just me. I hope I never go back to those times. People especially at my work think I don't eat much. But, I live by myself, and eating there I have no accountability what so ever. It really is sad what I have done. Now with this band I feel lke I have the opportunity to change a lot of the bad habits I have made. Although today, I went out for lunch for my moms birthday, and ate a couple bites of Soup, some of my quiche, got that packed up to go, then ordered a piece of red velvet cake, it came in a foil pan that is about 4 inches in diameter and about 1 1/2 inches high. I told myself I would only eat maybe half and then tell the waitress to take it away, I didn't want to tempt myself with it to even take home, well I ended up eating the whole thing. You are not supposed to do that after you have been banded. Where was my control? I have yet to get a fill, and have not had any restrictions put on my eating. Okay enough of my complaining.

Hope everyones May is a great one!!!

Jane

Ok Laura---give us a list of foods you DO like, and we can see what our minds can concoct!!!

Tracy---I loved---still do----Taco Bell refried beans---they were my first mushie food! I still eat a bowl of them and about half a taco when we go out there, or order a Nachos----umm not the ones with just chips and cheese sauce, but the small order of the Bell Grande ones. Eat about 1/2 of it. Actually one of those small nachos, feess myself and my 2 year old granddaughter perfectly. A buck fifty, and we are fed!!!

I love mexican food----most any of it. I used to be that way with Italian too, but the Pasta fills me so fast, and I get no nutrition with it---so don't eat it so often. Most anywhere else I go, I eat salad, I love salads---I used to before, but seldom ordered them, because I might get hungry before I had a chance to eat next. My mind was so warped! I too ate in the car, and got rid of evidence. I also bought candy, to hide----chocolate! The other day I saw marked down packages of Almond Joy eggs left over from Easter, and they were .50 cents a package of 6. BLB, I would have bought every package they had! And I would have ate them! Not all at once, but by and by I would have eaten them all! I would have shared with DH, but he never ventures into the big freezer---so he would have had no idea how many we had!!! I walked right on past them---feeling quite proud of myself!!! A man bought a package behind me in line---but ONE package. That would have never entered my mind, it didn't this time either---guess I am still an all or nothing girl....that is not good!

DH better get well soon, our bank account may not survive him being home to cruise Ebay if he is off long!

Jane---we all have our cake stories!!! I come dang close to having one with those Almond Joys!!! I have had many in the last year----and have always managed to get back up to a new day, and lose weight in spite of it! I actually think it is one of the perks of the band, you CAN splurge like that---and have the ability to move on the next day. We will be here to kick ya in the pants if you go order another red velvet cake too soon!!!!! psssssssst......unless you wanna share it with me!!!

Kity---what kind of things can you pack for a full day like that? Do you have access to a fridge, or a microwave? That would be so hard!

Today is May Day. My great grandma, would help my cousin and I make construction paper cones, with little handles, and we would fill them with Lilacs, and hang them on the neighbors doors, ring the bell and run! And in grade school, we always had a program, and we danced around the maypole. A tall pole, with multi colored pastel strips of fabric hanging down. Each of us kids would hold a strip of fabric, and walk around and weave around in a pattern...like half the group going clockwise, half counterclockwise, and we would weave in and out, kind of weaving the fabric around the pole. We sang songs as we did it. I mentioned it at my MIL's a bit ago, and no one had ever heard of such!!! I would say it is because I am old---but they are most of them older!!!

Kat

LOL from starvation? :rolleyes

I appreciate the help and am interested in recipe stuff, I just want normal recipes. Recipes for people who don't own a spice rack.. recipe for people who don't go to organic stores with weird named foods. Recipe for people who don't know how to take apart garlic. For example, one thing I use to make a lot on Atkins.. was a cheese Soup. Cook cream & shredder cheddar cheese in a saucepot, add salt & pepper, and sprinkle with bacon crumbs (found conveniently in those lil' bacon bits jars). That's how simple my cooking style is.

OK here is my suggestion, my favorite cook book I own is fix it and forget it lightly. It is a crock pot cook book but all the stuff in there is altered to be lower fat/lower cal. I love it. ... and think you might, they sell it at target, they have Soups, deserts, mexican, the best crock pot mac & cheese. throw it together and wait til it is done

hope that helps

that is where I got my black bean soup from and it is my favorite

I love refried Beans too, I just ate my first big meal, 2 eggs and a tbl of cottage cheese. I'm full but I was starving when I made it.

So for refried beans - which i'm only eating 2 tbs at a meal, I took a can of fat free refried beans mixed with salsa and some 2% cheese and put in containers so i can just grab and warm up and go.

they are great! anyway, just a thought, I am on a budget so taco bell is out for me, plus i love everything there and don't know if I could resist