Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Teach- but remember the 'diet' you're on right now, is not a diet diet.. It's a healing diet. Just keep that in mind :) Don't get disappointed between now and June 5. You still have more to look forward to!

Also, we have an applebee's beside our house that we use to frequent often.. they do have a 'weight watchers' version of french onion Soup if you like that. It's very brothy, and you can ask for that, ask them to strain the onions and don't put the crouton/cheese on top.

Jennifur- Same as me! Water is the hardest thing for me to get down. Soup and popsicles are fine. Jell-o is a little hard sometimes.

Thanks Jen.. I forgot about their WW menu. I'll check on that Saturday.

I was thinking April Bloomers. This is our new start?

April fools kind of contradicts what we've done. We're anything but fools (even though the name does sound clever) :)

Now on to my Protein lack. Today I've lost no weight! I'm not fretting about it, but I saw someone talk about you need protein to continue weight loss? Well, also because I'm SUPPOSE to be taking in a lot of protein. Much to my dismay, everything I ordered (and since bariatriceating.com got it to me AFTER MY SURGERY and I didn't get to test them), I do NOT like. I bought the matrix orange & cream, and they gave me a Cookies & cream sampler. Both were disgusting. First 2 days I didn't worry about protein, just water.. Wednesday I mixed some supposedly tasteless Protein Powder in my broth. I did taste it, but it dissolved so it was ok. Yesterday when I made the same thing, the powder would not dissolve and formed disgusting protein clumps all in my Soup. I ended up throwing it out. Yesterday I did NOT take any protein supplements. Then today I didn't lose any weight. Hmmmmm. And I need protein, duh.

So today I used magic bullet to mix up ice with matrix and Water, and it was still horrible horrible, but I managed to drink 3/4 of it before I felt sick from the taste.

I need info ASAP on good protein supplements.. something I can mask the taste well or take really quick and not worry about the taste. I think I'm going to buy some of those New Whey Protein Shots, and just shoot half of them at a time.. But now I have to order them. And I can't find the 'sampler' of them, only 1 flavor, and I don't want 12 tubes of 1 flavor if it's a flavor that makes me disgusted. Very irritated right now that it took this long for me to get protein stuff only to find out it's horrible and I'm having a hard time making myself take it.

I also have ensure vanilla shakes- too disgusting for me to get past a couple sips. Slim Fast chocolate shakes were ok, but even though it says 'HIGH PROTEIN', it only had like 6g of protein, which isn't high to me??

Sorry for posting so much, I went to 'edit' once and the whole thing was full of smilies, it read the code or something and I got confused..

Anyway, another question. I'm 4 days out, and I think Tues&Wed I was 'doing too much' I didn't feel so bad, and I like to take care of things around the house (If I don't, no one will!). I need to clean the house and vaccuum. Anyone know when I should be able to do this again? If I go slow and careful could I do it today? I'm restless. Glad I go back to work Monday!!

how about April Showers. With all the liquid we've been taking in, it almost seems appropriate...heeheehee...I started liquids April 1st and will move to mushies April 26...almost the entire month...I'm afraid the references to flowers would scare off the guys...

Oh, BTW, if you're on full liquids and looking for something tasty, I have made a new discovery...

I love french dressing and I love green olives, so I drained some of the olive juice from a jar of green olives and mixed it with some low fat/low cal french dressing til it was pretty thin and came to about 2 pablespoons of liquid - mostly olive juice....wow....what taste!!! I think I'll have that as a treat each day...lots of sodium, though. If I close my eyes, it's almost like eating (drinking) a salad.< /p>

Sorry for posting so much, I went to 'edit' once and the whole thing was full of smilies, it read the code or something and I got confused..

Anyway, another question. I'm 4 days out, and I think Tues&Wed I was 'doing too much' I didn't feel so bad, and I like to take care of things around the house (If I don't, no one will!). I need to clean the house and vaccuum. Anyone know when I should be able to do this again? If I go slow and careful could I do it today? I'm restless. Glad I go back to work Monday!!

DO housework as you feel like it. If you only vaccuum half the room, that's okay...you can do the other half tomorrow.

As for the Protein Drinks, AdvantEDGE chocolate Fudge (Vanilla and strawberry are NASTY) by EAS (Wal-mart carries them) and the Isopure Protein waters (GNC) are decent. The only Isopure I have tried is a red one - I don't know the name of the flavor because it was in Spanish and I haven't taken the time to look it up. The waters have 40 g of protein and the AdvantEDGE have 17 g of protein.

The disadvantage with the waters is that they are 20 ounces, and I am just unable to drink them in one sitting - they are only good cold. That goes for both of these drinks...COLD COLD COLD!

When you can have skim milk, the Carnation sugar free Instant Breakfast is good and with milk, one 8 ounce cup has 13 grams of protein...

Hope that helps!

how about April Showers. With all the liquid we've been taking in, it almost seems appropriate...heeheehee...I started liquids April 1st and will move to mushies April 26...almost the entire month...I'm afraid the references to flowers would scare off the guys...

Oh, BTW, if you're on full liquids and looking for something tasty, I have made a new discovery...

I love french dressing and I love green olives, so I drained some of the olive juice from a jar of green olives and mixed it with some low fat/low cal french dressing til it was pretty thin and came to about 2 pablespoons of liquid - mostly olive juice....wow....what taste!!! I think I'll have that as a treat each day...lots of sodium, though. If I close my eyes, it's almost like eating (drinking) a salad.< /p>

The guys need to embrace their feminine side a little bit.. :biggrin1: :biggrin1: Showers and pee pee are too close for me.. :)

Hi Ladies,

I like all of the aforementioned names. Once we get all the nominations, we could take a poll to elect one...that would be very democratic of us.

As far a Protein goes, here is what I do. I mix choc. Unjury in w/ coffee (20 grams in the am). Tastes great w/ the hazelnut coffee Beans I grind...yummy! I like this because it is like a mean first thing in the morning, and gets my metabolism running. Then breakfast is 4-6 oz of yougart, (Dannon lite and fit,) 1/2 c. skim milk and 1 scoop of strawberry unjury (20 gr. prot). Then I make a Protein Drink w/ some powder my doc sells, LiteLife (15 gr. prt). The rest I get from cottage cheese or whatever is mushie. What I like about this is that it is done for me, not a lot of thought needed.

Just my 2 cents.

Hi Ladies,

I like all of the aforementioned names. Once we get all the nominations, we could take a poll to elect one...that would be very democratic of us. quote]

I'm a Democrat so that works well for me.. :)

Hey Tracy... was it you who was testing out the different Isopure flavors? Which ones do you recommend?

I like the grape frost the best......... the only one I couldn't finish was the apple melon

Alpine punch is second.....

Mango Peach is pretty good too...

I put them over ice.

Hello everyone!!!!!! dang the day has passed us by......

I think my emotions are on hyper sensitive today... because I've been a mess.. must be the surgery and all my anticipation coming out.. and maybe mom is a little jealous or something....

Kat: I have a 2000 Harley Softail Standard that has been customized. It is my 3rd bike since riding solo... My ex-cheater ... uuhh I mean ex-husband, and I started traveling on his bike when we couldn't have kids.. soon I wanted my own and bought my first little suzuki 450 with a kicker... he was P.O.'d.... so what did I do.. I took a class and learned to ride and earned my license.... then I bought a HD sporty, but soon was ready to move up...... and that is the bike I have today... after the divorce HE took his bike and I took mine... it was the one luxury that I refused to give up.. so when I got pregnant by the Psyco REBOUND GUY.. I sent the bike down to my good friends and while there her husband painted it to my specs..... it is paid off.. and ain't going anywhere...... just so happens that dbf rides too...... and is one of the things that brought us together...

His sister and BIL also both ride their own.. so it is nice to have another couple to ride with. I have a pic of me at Daytona Bike week in 2005, but I was about 90 lbs lighter than I am today....

I am ready to get out of here!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you believe I am less than a week from surgery????????????

Have a great weekend.

I found I do best with unflavored or vanilla Protein powder, then I use the DaVinci syrups to add a variety of flavor. I just toss things in the blender, and create!! I sometimes use skim milk as a base, other times a container of yogurt and a few ice cubes---add my powder, and a shot of Syrup, or a spoon of SF pudding mix. Something to camoflage the protein taste.

For those of you who like an occasional drink, you can use the syrups to create iced drinks really easy too. We had a cookout last week, and we made starwberry daquiris---mmmmmmm!!!

When you get into the later stages of full liquids, one of my favorite shakes was to start with skim milk, scoop of protein powder, spoon of chocolate fudge pudding mix, and a spoon of Peanut Butter. It tasted so yummy!!!!! I still have this on the days I think I need to boost my intake.

Tracy---we have garage full of bikes. I mean FULL!!! Everything from a little Suzuki 250 he uses to teach the kids to ride, to the bikes he had as he began buying his own!!! A couple of early 1980 Yamaha's, a 650 midnight maxim, and an 1100 Special,both fully restored. The 1100 Special is worth more than his HD!!! A Heritage Softtail Springer, and a Gold Wing. We bought the Wing when my back trashed out. I herniated L4 L5, S1 station. I can't take the rough ride for long distances anymore, so I got me one with dang near a lazy boy on the back, and I can cruise forever!!! I told him he can either ride alone, and I will stay home, or we can ride the wing to Sturgis this year, my back won't take the other. Some days I feel every one of my years!!

Kat

I have now made it to my moms. I had surgery Tuesday morning, and found out a great way for the lap band not to hurt! Have it with a huge hernia repair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!To Say OH MY GOSH is an understatement. I have have two surgeries for brain tumors and two for ovariian cancer, so I didn't think I was a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wrong!!!

Will post more in the next day or two.

Jane

Of all the Protein drinks I tried (and I tried plenty!) I liked chocolate EAS Carb Control the best. DH says they're too water-y for him so he adds a little milk to his and loves it. 17g protein.

I vote for "April Blossoms"!

OH! I almost forgot!!!!! I went out earlier to buy some new spring clothes and guess what???!!! I have dropped a size already! :humble:From 2x down to XL, and 18W to 16W!!!! I'm getting closer to the "Ladies" department!!!