Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Since I can't figure out the ticker thing, and I have tried a number of times, I will have to add this in from time to time and change my signature.

280 start of preop diet

265 surgery (thanks to bowel prep and preop diet)

275 3 days after surgery (sooo much Water retention, my knees looked like watermelons)

268 today!!!

I don't know what this means...the numbers are all over the place. However, never ever ever in my life have I lost this much. woohoo!:clap2:

Sara Mos: I am so glad you are feeling better and more like yourself! And 13 pounds...awesome!!! Keep it up! I will continue to keep you in my prayers!

Househuntress: Just prayed for you and your surgeon. You should be getting ready to come out in the next hour or so. Can't wait to hear a report!

Teachlady: Tomorrow is the big day and you have made sure of when you are supposed to be there...no mix-ups!! What time does your surgery actually start? I will pray for you during your surgery and really look forward to hearing how you are as soon as you are able to post!

TracyinKS: Haven't seen you yet today. Hope all is well! I know yesterday was truly a test...a hard one! If you can make it through that, you can make it through just about anything!! Just seep being strong! We're all here for you!

Since I can't figure out the ticker thing, and I have tried a number of times, I will have to add this in from time to time and change my signature.

280 start of preop diet

265 surgery (thanks to bowel prep and preop diet)

275 3 days after surgery (sooo much Water retention, my knees looked like watermelons)

268 today!!!

I don't know what this means...the numbers are all over the place. However, never ever ever in my life have I lost this much. woohoo!:clap2:

Okay, I have to ask...what is the "bowel prep" and is it something I should do?

<TABLE class=tborder id=post438293 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead> #1143 <!-- [sTART HACK='vB Pager' AUTHOR='UAEWEB.COM' VERSION='3.0.0' CHANGEID= 6 ] --><!-- [END HACK='vB Pager' AUTHOR='UAEWEB.COM' VERSION='3.0.0' CHANGEID= 6 ] -->report.gif

<!-- status icon and date -->post_old.gif Today, 06:34 AM <!-- / status icon and date -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><!-- user info --><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2>image.php?u=6861&dateline=1175648689</TD><TD noWrap>househuntress user_offline.gif<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_438293", true); </SCRIPT>

</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Apr 2006

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_438293><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- icon and title -->Surgery today

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I'm leaving the hotel in about 30 min. for my lap band. So scared but going through with what will be my new beginning.

I'll come back to the hotel for a day then if everything is o.k. leave Tuesday morning.

Send a prayer for me if you have time.

Surgery from 9:00 central to 11:00.

I'll post when I feel like it.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Sent prayers your way! Yippee... it is your time!!

Sara Mos: I am so glad you are feeling better and more like yourself! And 13 pounds...awesome!!! Keep it up! I will continue to keep you in my prayers!

Househuntress: Just prayed for you and your surgeon. You should be getting ready to come out in the next hour or so. Can't wait to hear a report!

Teachlady: Tomorrow is the big day and you have made sure of when you are supposed to be there...no mix-ups!! What time does your surgery actually start? I will pray for you during your surgery and really look forward to hearing how you are as soon as you are able to post!

TracyinKS: Haven't seen you yet today. Hope all is well! I know yesterday was truly a test...a hard one! If you can make it through that, you can make it through just about anything!! Just seep being strong! We're all here for you!

Christy, I'll be getting home either the day before or the day of your surgery. I'll be praying for you too and we all know the power of prayer!! I don't know for sure when surgery is to begin, but I'm guessing 9:30 or 10. Either way, by this time tomorrow I should be in recovery!! I'm still in awe.. not nervous.. just very excited!!!

:omg: :) Okay...I was scheduled for April 23, now they just called and rescheduled for April 30....it just keeps getting further and further away. AGH! at the rate I'm going I'll weigh a million pounds by the time they band me...you know, the "I'll never be able to eat this again" thing?:violin:

christy,

Good morning! The bowel prep is this um...procedure that you do the day before surgery. The reason behind it is anytime they do surgery between breast and hips (anything in the tummy) there is always the risk of accidently snipping at the intestines. It is a preventative measure to ensure if there is every any "ooopps", that no fecal matter can get into the system. (THAT IS HOW IT WAS EXPLAINED TO ME????) But on a good note, it cleans you out, and I didn't have to go to the bathroom at the hospital...which was more comfortable. And some people can lose up to 5-10 pounds on it. I lost only 4 pounds on it, but considering I was on liquid diet for 10 days before and broth the day before the bowel prep, it think I was already pretty cleaned out.

I hope that helped. All doctors are different. But it is a prerequisite for the hospital in Palm Springs, so I had to do it!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

I have refrained form posting in this thread, beacuse I am still in the "waiting game", but hoping for a May surgery date, heck...at this point, I'll be ecstatic to get a June surgery date!!

I have been reading these posts daily, and saying prayers for everyone that needs them, and even for those that dont think they need them!!

Teachlady, I wanted to personally tell you that I wll be praying for you tomorrow....Thanks again for all your helpful advice!! *HUGS*

TraceyKS...You already know how much I admire you, and I'm also sending out special prayers for you...you are my true inspiration!! *HUGS* to you!!

:omg: :) Okay...I was scheduled for April 23, now they just called and rescheduled for April 30....it just keeps getting further and further away. AGH! at the rate I'm going I'll weigh a million pounds by the time they band me...you know, the "I'll never be able to eat this again" thing?:violin:

Sherri.. I'm sorry you couldn't get the 23rd.. did they say why it had to be rescheduled???

I have refrained form posting in this thread, beacuse I am still in the "waiting game", but hoping for a May surgery date, heck...at this point, I'll be ecstatic to get a June surgery date!!

I have been reading these posts daily, and saying prayers for everyone that needs them, and even for those that dont think they need them!!

Teachlady, I wanted to personally tell you that I wll be praying for you tomorrow....Thanks again for all your helpful advice!! *HUGS*

TraceyKS...You already know how much I admire you, and I'm also sending out special prayers for you...you are my true inspiration!! *HUGS* to you!!

Thanks so much Mary.. I'm just sitting here waiting to leave at noon. We're in no rush to go. We'll just be sitting in a hotel room all evening so might as well stay here as long as possible.

Good luck tomorrow Teach & House :)

Today I start my official pre-op diet, wish I could join you guys. I'm so so so ready to be on the other side of this..

Hi everyone, <O:p</O:p

I have been out of the net for a few days. TracyinKS... what is going on:cry ? Are you ok? I had to go back and find your post because I was worried when I read everyone commenting to you. We are just like family on here :) . Anyway you did it -- you passed up that chicken which wouldn't have tasted good anyway! I have had many days like yours. I have four girls one is getting ready to turn 20 and lives with her BF who I don't like... I really did make an effort BUT! The others are 15 (and she is such a teen, all mouth :embarassed:) 12, and 8. So I have locked myself away plenty of times. Just make sure you let us know how you are doing.

Yesterday was my last day to eat... started pre-op today... (HORAY:clap2: ) I am happy it was Easter and I did get to eat a lot of good things:hungry: . My pre-op is not as bad as some; I am on low carb/high Protein until surgery. Only 8 days to go!! My DH eats everything in sight so I know how it feels to have tempting foods around and how hard it can be to "JUST SAY NO". Our source of bonding has been food and he has sabotaged just about every diet I have tried :angry . I hope that he finally understands this is a lifestyle change for me. I packed up most of the leftovers and all the stuff that really temps me (Red Velvet cake) and sent it to work with him. Hopefully, I cleaned out the cabinets enough to see me through these next 8 days.... everyone keep me in yours prayers! One other great note, I have been stressing on getting all the money together for my surgery by Friday (April 13, selfpay) and guess what... checked my bank this morning and all of it was there. The transfer must have gone through Sat. Yippee. There is nothing stopping me now. I feel like I can take a breath, this is really going to happen! :faint:

Thank you to everyone who has been banded and keeps us updated it is so reassuring.

KEEP WAITING FOR TRACY TO POST????? WHAT IS UP GIRL????

I'm here! I'm OK.... we always have a busy sunday evening when we have to take dbf's boys home...... and we spent til 9:00 p.m. last night out in the yard with some drain auger contraption down a pipe.....

I did not cheat, I did not binge, I stayed strong and then this morning when I opened up my office I had some work issues to handle.... so this is the first time I've had a chance to peek over here...

THANK YOU FOR CARING!!! :)

I'm going to my docs support meeting this Saturday, so I'm hoping to meet some of the LBT folks face to face.

I need to go get caught up on all the posts.

Hi everyone,

I was banded on April 3rd. I've lost 15 lbs already due to a 3-week liquid diet ordered by my surgeon. What is all this talk about the "April Challenge: Going for the GOLD!" Please explain.

Tracy I am afraid to ask---but did the auger work???

Teach---if you haven't left yet---please know you will be in my thoughts and prayers---it is the new begining you have been prepping for!

Uh-oh, I have Easter grass everywhere---bbl!

Kat