Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Just getting anxious and wanted to vent! I've been reading some more information on lap-band throughout the internet, and I'm getting more and more excited. I can't wait!!!!

Coming up on 24 hours, all is well. I am drinking Water, broth and diluted -juices. I have taken the few Gas-X chewable pills and that seems to help.

I slept well lats night, almost 8 hours with the help of a few drugs.

I messed up my ticker last time I posted, it should be correct this time. Between the flu and the pre-op diet I am down almoxt 30 lbs, wow!

Blimey Dave your down 30lbs? Way to go!!!!!

Cred pleased your surgery went ok, wow your back to work Monday too, I wish I felt as well as you do on your 2nd day!

Well, got the Easter eggs :tired non for me I hasten to add! Got my brother a huge Galaxy one & my hubby a Cadbruy one (eggs in side of eggs, different huh). He bought me a DVD 'Happy Feet' I thought it loked so cute with those little penguins :)

Bit breathless again tonight I dont know why though? :rolleyes

Sara xx

Keep on postin Terri, I love reading all of the posts on here.

You know, you guys have been such a support on here, I think Id be so lonely and lost without all of you going through this, nobody really understands what its like until you start the lap band process. Im really looking forward to the coming year and next April, we can all look back and be so so proud of ourselves. :high5:

Sara xx:huggie:

Hi All,

I had my surgery Tuesday, April 3 down in TJ with Dr. Ortiz. I can't say enough about him and his staff! They made it very easy for me...I was so close to balking at the last minute, but they got me through it just fine. I stayed overnight in their clinic with a nurse and a doctor on staff all night long to look after us. :) I can't remember the last time I stayed overnight at the hospital and had one RN and doctor to keep an eye on just six of us! Dr. Martinez and Carmelita are two wonderful staff members that I'll always hold dear in my heart.

Amazingly I have little to no pain. Seriously.... I am hanging in there with the post op diet of clear liquids...tomorrow I'll start some liquid yogurt and some soy milk and by the time I go back to work on Monday I'll be able to add a Protein Shake in there to hold me over through some of the tougher parts of the day.

Since my BMI wasn't too terribly high I didn't have to do a serious pre op diet...just lost 8 lbs. and they were very happy with that.

No regrets, just looking forward to making it through the 3 week post op liquids phase...as I sip on my Better than broth beef Soup.

Twigs

203/195 day of surgery/193

Protein types: I can't think of all the Protein types right now. But the "albumin" comes to mind-- it's egg protein and costs more, so I've never really checked into it. I have heard it does taste way better though!! Maybe a google search will help those who "hate" whey and soy, to find something that works for them!

Sara - My doc is haviing me do breathing exercises every 2 hours -- maybe you should do the same if you're not already. Just take 5 slow deep breaths (as deep as you can) every 2 hours (while awake) for 2 weeks. I was on major drugs when they explained why, but I do it anyway. It's harder to do in the mornings than in the afternoon, so there must be some good it is doing.

Twigs - CONGRATULATIONS !! Sounds like you are doing amazingly well! Go easy though, especially since you've been traveling AND going back to work on Monday. Rest!

Cred - I'd be careful with the egg drop Soup. I'm sure it would be okay if you blenderized it, though. I'm popping the Gas-X, too....it helps! That is so cool about your insurance -- you sure don't hear that story very often!! You're lucky!

I have started to experiment with the Protein Shakes. I tried the EAS Protein mixes that I found at costco. I bought a chocolate and a vanilla large bag. I tried it with Water, pooey yuck, I tried it with coffee and ice cubes - better, but the best I've found is with ice, half coffee, half vanilla soymilk and either the chocolate or vanilla. I can only stomach one a day so far, but hope to bring it up to two, as directed by the nutritionist. My surgery is a week from Monday. I like the idea of the syrups and will check out Walmart. Keep the ideas coming. I've got to get prepared. I am jealous that so many of you are through the surgery, and excited to get 'er dun.

Best wishes,

My surgeon/hospital sent me home with an incentive spirometer to use to make sure I was fully inflating my lungs following surgery. It is a little plastic device, with a mouthpiece that you inhale, in to raise a disc. The idea is to inhale at a steady pace, keeping the risk of pneumonia down. When my DH had MAJOR surgery he would start running a low fever, then he would do some deep breathing, and his fever would drop back to normal. The respiratory therapist, said that is perfectly normal, and when we ignore that, and refuse to breath deep because it hurts, is when trouble starts. So Sara---Terri is right---breath as deep as you can 5-10 times every couple of hours, you will be surprised how fast it becomes easier!

Welcome Phil, and congrats on the upcoming surgery date!!!

Kat

I have one of those too. I guess I'll start to use it. They just said, this is for you. they never told me why? or I was still foggy enough to not remember it.

Hi everybody... I'm checkin in from florida now.. after a S**t journey over...

Why? Because I experienced quite a low point on my travels..

I was too big for the aerplane seat!!! Well, in saying that I was IN it but let's say I didn't need a belt to KEEP me in it... It was an emergency exit row & the tray tables were in the armrest which meant the seat was narrower & the armrest didn't go uo... IT SUCKED! I was really upset..

It was a 6 & half hour flight & I was so uncomfortable for every second of it.. I just kept thinking how did it get like this!!

Only for I'm BOOKED to have this surgery I think I would have been totally devastated & in despair, the thought of it coming to an end kept me from actually breaking down.

You all sound great anyway..plenty of banter & advice going on..Thank you all..

I went to Wal MART today & couldn't find this magic Bullet thing!! Could someone please tell me what it actually is.. I asked 2 staffers & neither knew what I was on about...One of them actually thought I was asking for bullets!! For God's sake...if I had a gun Missus..

I'm assuming it's a blender, but perhaps my lack of a description from me didn't help either...Anybody??

This week has really been very introspecitve for me...

I feel like I'm going through a grieving process over food...if that's possible...anyone else?

I have actually been reduced to tears a few times...if I'm this wacked out about losing food, is there any way I will ever succeed with this weight loss after the surgery? I've always thought of myself as a strong person, but what if I'm not?

My hubby is overweight, too and is having the surgery with me. In everyway, we complement each other in our strengths and weaknesses...EXCEPT food.

well, I just thought I'd throw this out and see if anyone else is as psychotic as I am over food?!?

Christy, I feel the same re above...

I am having emotions & worries about what I'll uncover about myself not having food to turn to as I always have..

I'm arming myself with hobbies & non food involved ideas to support my lifestyle change.. I'm quite artistic & creative so I'm taking painting classes & I also write & have drawn cartoons before which I'll take up again. I'm buying myself a camera on this trip too. Where I live there are a lot of beatuiful peaceful places I love to go with amazing scenery & surroundings & I want to start taking pictures for my new home (we're building) These places are good for the soul.

You're lucky you're hubby is in the same boat as you...you guys can work together.

I'm somewhat worried about me & my Husband, how or if our relationship will change.. eating alone (we've no kids) or any social occasions involving food with him & his family. He is quite overweight too but would never consider LB... I don't even know if he'd do anything about his weight.. but that's his choice.

BOTH of us Being overweight has definatley affected our relationship anyway...if ya'll know what I mean:rolleyes

Whatever about us both...if I can inspire him by getting MY groove back that's a start...xx

Big long post...but I was due...

COULDN"T HAVE YIS ALL MISSIN ME NOW!!!!:kiss

I went to Wal MART today & couldn't find this magic Bullet thing!! Could someone please tell me what it actually is..

You are right, it is a blender. And yes, it is called the Magic Bullet. I got mine at Walmart here in Michigan. It works great. Every bandster should have one. And I think insurance should pay for it, don't you??:)

I went to Wal MART today & couldn't find this magic Bullet thing!! Could someone please tell me what it actually is..

http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/magic_bullet.html

I got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond...it is awesome...but if using ice, make sure they're not the huge chunks of ice, i don't think tehre's a blender in the world that can do anythign with those.....lol