Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Good morning

You guys are cracking me up this morning. But I so know what you are talking about. I have nothing that fits me and it is strange here too, one day 60 the next 30 so my room is a MESS. I put something on, want to puke take it off and throw it on the floor. I went to visit a March bander yesterday and brought her a bag of my 18-20 work clothes since I am not working for one, and when I do work it will be with a construction type company and not business office. So my closets are getting empty and it is depressing. I am almost there! and have a bag of size 16/18 summer clothes, that I hope to be in by this summer so I better get motivated here!

SUGGESTION-- MAKE SURE YOU ARE WELL HYDRATED BEFORE SURGERY! I had enough Water but, after not being able to drink after 10p.m. I was alittle dehydrated by 7:30 a.m. I needed 2 Iv's and they "blew" a vein, that happened first, then they put in a tiny Iv, and put me out, after I was out they gave me the 2nd one(in a sensitive area on my hand/wrist under thumb). GOOD LUCK AND HEALTH TO ALL. P.S. I slept on my tummy 1/2 the night, and in my bed.

Tracy, what liquids are you on? Full or clear?? And what did you have yesterday to lose 3 pounds? I'm trying to jumpstart some weight loss here!!

Yes.. I too take forever in the morning after trying several options because nothing hides the big ol tummy fat anymore.

Let me tell you what I am worrying about right now!!

I've never taken Magnesium Citrate.. so I googled and found all kinds of wonderful information basically saying it's like an enima.. out it goes.

I have to drink it between 1pm-5pm the day BEFORE surgery. It says it will last 6-8 hours.

We have to drive 3 hours to the hospital. My parents and fiance are going.. We are driving the day before surgery..so the same day as magnesium scariness. Is it really that bad? Am I going to be poo'ing my pants the whole way down there? Does it last 6-8 hours, or can I plan to take it at like 1pm and tell them not to leave till 5pm so I can get it out of my system? Help help! I can't poo all over my daddy's car..or in public for that matter, so no gas station stops in my future. LOL

I'm getting a little paranoid here.. wish I had a banding buddy!! I'm the only one on the 10th? Is that a good or bad omen?? I am sooooooooooooo ready for this. No preop diet except to lose a few pounds any way I choose. I'm going the low/no carb, high Protein route. Did my Curves yesterday and got weighed and measured so I know what my starting point is as far as inches.

Prayers and best wishes to all those getting banded this week. Sure is great to hear from those who have had it done recently and hear their stories. One week from today at this time I should be a bander!!:)

I've never taken Magnesium Citrate.. so I googled and found all kinds of wonderful information basically saying it's like an enima.. out it goes.

I have to drink it between 1pm-5pm the day BEFORE surgery. It says it will last 6-8 hours.

We have to drive 3 hours to the hospital. My parents and fiance are going.. We are driving the day before surgery..so the same day as magnesium scariness. Is it really that bad? Am I going to be poo'ing my pants the whole way down there? Does it last 6-8 hours, or can I plan to take it at like 1pm and tell them not to leave till 5pm so I can get it out of my system? Help help! I can't poo all over my daddy's car..or in public for that matter, so no gas station stops in my future. LOL

I would definitely call your doctor and see if you can take it two days before instead of one. Most doctors don't even require that prep, so surely there is some flexibility here!

Let me tell you what I am worrying about right now!!

you are cracking me up. but I am so glad that I am on a liquid diet the day before and don't have to worry about that part of it!

Here is a very personal but funny story : I too can't go in public, or anywhere but home, so in Feb, I went to a funeral in VA and stayed with my cousin. I went Wed morning while I was home but left thursday at 9am and was so anxious i couldn't go before we left. Friday came and went, and by sat afternoon I had such pain I couldn't stand up and then everyone came to party in our room and couldn't go when i needed to - so it got worse. My cousin tried everything for me, finally on the road on the way home (10 hr drive) she stopped and got me sugar free jelly bellies - well they work, I thought I was going to die, i was stopping at every bathroom along the way, the first bathroom had a big blower heater so the noise calmed me down a little but the rest of them did not, but honestly - nothing I could do about it.

I'm leaving for a 10 day vacation Thursday... Keep your fingers crossed. :faint:

LOL. I had something similar happen. Nearly 10 days. I thought I would die.. literally.

When my fiance moved across the country for college, I refused to go out there (I eventually compromised and stayed 2 years there as long as we could 'settle down' in my hometown..which is where we are now).. So we would visit back and forth. He was living in a co-ed dorm on the guy's floor, so there was 1 big men's restroom, and one guest restroom downstairs in the lobby. Well, I am the same way, only place I can go is in my house with no one around (except fam or fiance). So I get there, and 3 days into it, I was hurting really bad. So I'd go down in the middle of the night, and hope no one was there, but some reason people were always awake!! I'd try to sneak in, turn the sink on.. but nothing. My body said no. I just can't! I did this every day until day 7.. and I met his best friend there (his RA), and his best friend's girlfriend, who had a house outside of campus. We went to her house before going to the movies, and I said I needed a shower since there was none in the dorms and I was grimey. So I went in there, and I was able to let it out.. finally. I was cracking the window while I showered so no one would know, and her house was old and I ended up breaking the stupid frame. That was so miserable. I didn't tell my fiance that story for years. It ended up after I moved there, I became best friends with his friends girlfriend, so I eventually told her the story too and she died laughing. Fiance thinks I'm just goofy.

So.. I'm scared about having enima-effects on a 3 hour drive. EEK.

Tracy, what liquids are you on? Full or clear?? And what did you have yesterday to lose 3 pounds? I'm trying to jumpstart some weight loss here!!

This was my menu yesterday.......

Morning: coffee & SF Creamer

EAS CarbVantage chocolate Protein Shake over ice (2 carbs, 100 cal)

1 SF Jello, (0 carbs 10 cal)

1 Dannon FitandLight LowCarb yogurt (3 carbs, 80 cal)

1 EAS CarbVantage strawberry Protein shake over ice ( 2 carbs, 110 cal)

2 30oz glasses of Water

The SF gum which was a MISTAKE (2 carbs)

Once home for the night........

1 can of tuna w/one squirt of Brown Mustard stirred (this is not liquid, but I am letting myself either 2 hb eggs OR 1 can of Tuna a day) they are both very high in protein and very low in Carbs.

Evening: 1 EAS Carbvantage French vanilla Protien shake, blended with ice for a milkshake consistancy.

WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hungry:

Hi everyone,

Tracy, I too made it through my first day of liquids.. I'm okay during the day but find that evenings at home are the worst..

I hope I survive this week...

This was my menu yesterday.......

Morning: coffee & SF Creamer

EAS CarbVantage chocolate Protein Shake over ice (2 carbs, 100 cal)

1 SF Jello, (0 carbs 10 cal)

1 Dannon FitandLight LowCarb yogurt (3 carbs, 80 cal)

1 EAS CarbVantage strawberry Protein shake over ice ( 2 carbs, 110 cal)

2 30oz glasses of Water

The SF gum which was a MISTAKE (2 carbs)

Once home for the night........

1 can of tuna w/one squirt of Brown Mustard stirred (this is not liquid, but I am letting myself either 2 hb eggs OR 1 can of Tuna a day) they are both very high in protein and very low in Carbs.

Evening: 1 EAS Carbvantage French Vanilla Protien shake, blended with ice for a milkshake consistancy.

Is that EAS Carbvantage good?

I like (the EAS) a lot better than the Atkins shakes. I have not tasted the LowCarb Slimfast though. I get the ready to drink and keep a stash in my office. I only use powder protien for recipees (when I'm in full fledge LowCarb mode) I did buy some Isopure from GNC, but I'm waiting for them to be delivered. (it is Protein water)

chocolate Fugde (Ranked #1 in taste for me)

strawberry Creme (#2)

French Vanilla (#3 but drinkable)

I like (the EAS) a lot better than the Atkins shakes. I have not tasted the LowCarb Slimfast though. I get the ready to drink and keep a stash in my office. I only use powder protien for recipees (when I'm in full fledge LowCarb mode) I did buy some Isopure from GNC, but I'm waiting for them to be delivered. (it is Protein water)

chocolate Fugde (Ranked #1 in taste for me)

strawberry Creme (#2)

French Vanilla (#3 but drinkable)

Thanks! I think I'll go and buy a can. I saw it at Sam's by the case and a lady there said she and her sister liked it.

I was at GNC yesterday and they had a bogo 1/2 off and with the discount card an extra 20%.

I think I'll just go out shopping now.

Hello Everyone,

Well Panda and I got our bands yesterday.

We both got to go home last night.

I had a hiatal hernia so I am having to deal with some pretty rough neck and shoulder pain. :omg: Dr says it is normal to have it after a hiatal hernia repair. I am staying medicated by the clock and using heating/vibrating pad today. Seems to be helping. Lots of walking too to get rid of gas. The pain from the banding itself is not too bad. :) :sick

Just a quick update, talk to you later.

Darla