Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

It's funny how much of the country is just getting their springtime weather...and here (Houston) we are already well into it. Today it will probably hit 80. By May we'll be hitting 90! July, Aug and Sept. are just pure hell no matter what the temperature. We will be going to Colorado hopefully sometime to escape the heat. ANYWAY.... today is nice and we're enjoying our weather while we can.

I'm feeling very *balanced* right now. I'm a little nervous, but not much, and get a lot of positive encouragement from the forums and threads I visit. I am trying to keep in mind that the complications are rare in reality, they just seem more frequent on the boards. One resounding theme throughout the success stories seems to be, "I follow the bandster guidelines". Wow. Who'da thunk it?

The best one I read today was a girl about my size who has lost 65# this past year. Normally lower BMI and older ladies (me) have a harder time losing. And no, she didn't exercise much. I was thrilled to see her progress. She just "followed the bandster rules"!!! If I could be down to 150 by this time next year I think I would just have a FIT!! I think I'd have to go out and buy myself a CORVETTE or something!!! :)

Ya'll have a great day. Smooches!

NOTE TO SELF............

NEVER

GO

TO

HOME DePOT

at

LUNCH!!!!!!!!!

(I am now $60 poorer, and a flat of perenials and several bags of bulbs RICHER!!!) :)

Soon after I posted my good morning greeting my (short version)

1) Work Puter Died (Black Screen of Death)

2) Filing Cabinet Fell over ON me ( 2 drawers, employee files )

3) Went P, and when I bent over, the seam of my slacks split WIDE OPEN!

(and I'm wearing grannie panties today!!!! ) :)

Needless to say I went home to mend my clothing malfunction.....

Returned to work to find a LOANER computer in my office... and I have spent the last 2.5 hours reloading software.................

and here I thought I would have a nice quiet day!!!!!!!!!

Tracy when it rains it pours!!!

Hi April Peeps!

Day 2 of the pre op diet...headache the size of Texas for 2 days, but honestly, I feel skinnier already. What a mind trip, my pants were not this loose last week, lol! I even went into the teachers lounge today where they had ice cream for someones bday! I just drank my shake and was fine! Remind me next week, when I am pissed at the world and hungry that I felt this good.

peaceout

Hi Everyone,

Just checking in. It's been a busy day at work and this is the first time I've had a chance to read. I haven't said much the last few days, but I'm here!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

LOL!

Ok Tracy, but your garden will look good!

Kity...I will ya remind you next week, your lookin amazing on those shakes!

I spent a small fortune today on my youngest's B'day! Oooo bought a new pink dressing gown too, and some fluffy pink slippers for the hospital op, and some slim fast powders (banana & strawberry)...Oooo and 2 books too, so I can take one into hospital with me, have everything now ready except a heat blanket, I dont know where to buy one over here, maybe there only in the US?

Sara xx

Hi to all.

I'm Pat and I got the insurance acceptance call today from Dr. Abkin's office. I live in Western, NJ and am 34 years old.

Basically, I come from a fat family. My mother had GB two years ago and has done really well with it. My wife struggles with her weight, and we don't want this life for our three daughters.

My girls are ages 3, 1 and 1 and they keep us busy, but I wish I had more energy to run around with them. I'm doing this surgery for them and for myself and for my wife.

Nerves are starting to get me after getting my insurance acceptance. I'm scared of not getting off of the table and leaving my family...This is normal, right?

I've been lurking on this board lately and have already gained so much insight from all of you.

My surgery is April 3rd. I also did not need a pre op diet. No one mentioned it, so I didn't ask! All I was told was to try not to gain any more weight.

I would love to here from everyone.

Pat

WOW two new guys----welcome----

Pat---- I think, the guys think about not coming back, from surgery more than the ladies....My DH is worried about that with me.....and, I'm not so much! But, normal none the less!! Like everything in life there can be complications. Am I reading that right 1 and 1 and 3? Twins??? Sounds like a hand full anyway!

Dave-----good luck to you on the 5th.

I'm in pre-op diet hell!!!! Anyone cheat alittle and have a problem because of it????? I'm losing weight but, should have a small sensible meal once daily----the rest liquids!!!!!!! Does it get easier on all liquids? ?????---which I must do next week. SEND ME STRENGTH!

Welcome Pat! We are banded on the same day...banding buddies. I know your scared, but think about this...what if you don't have the surgery. The problems w/ weight will limit, or end, your life for sure. The chance of not getting off the table is small (not sure of exact stats). But if you do wake up and lose weight, and have a wonderful healthy life w/ your wife and daughters...the thought of that should outweigh the scary thoughts. We are so close... Please feel free to ask any questions here. We are all scared, freaking out, and excited all at the same time!

Mazzie,

I am in preop hell too. To put is bluntly...I am FREAKIN HUNGRY. It is funny, I feel alittle "out of it" and weak. Thoughts are not forming well, hunger pangs can be heard across the room, energy level is so low. I just keep telling myself, I can do this. It is day 2 and I am not cheating, actually never thought I could. My partner and I were driving today and we passed EVERY fast food resturanut, our favorite Mexican places, and the smells of a little Italian place we used to go to. MAN OH MAN...that was tough. Came home and drank this nasty "soup", which is just powder and hot Water. We can do this...I have 8 more days to go! I told her, I need to go home and get on LapBandTalk fast...I need my peeps. This is a great site.

peaceout

Ya'll are crackin' me up with your liquid diet stories. Not that I'm actually 'amused' by your suffering! Oh, NO!! But you do have a way of making me VERY GLAD I'm not on liquids!!! I wish I had comforting words of encouragement. I do know that when I'm hungry but don't want to pack in any more calories that I turn to my beading .... keeps my hands and mind very busy and I can be distracted pretty easily that way. So maybe if you make an effort to do things that are not 'ordinary' for you. In other words, don't sit in your favorite chair and watch your favorite show when you know you can't have your favorite snack! Avoid the triggers, I guess is what I'm saying. Play cards or Scrabble or go for a walk at the mall, get a pedicure, pick up that needlework you've been neglecting, clean out the pantry. KEEP BUSY.

I know, I know....not exactly pearls of wisdom, but it's all I got.

It's all going to be worth it in the end. Keep your eye on the prize! You're all doing GREAT!!

Good Morning all :)

:welcome: to Dave, Pat & katshai, hey your definately doing the right thing here, we all are,.

The actual op I'm not to worried about, I know we'll discomfort from these gas pains after (air trapped in our bodies after the laproscope) and its got to get out somehow, but its the 'ever after'bit Im woried about....the eating part...

Maize and Kity...hey Im there with you re pre op diet hell....I have broken the liquid diet :) yesterday I felt so nauseas, I had an omlette in the end, I agree the packet stuff is disgusting (I'm using up the lighter life stuff that I followed on a previous diet) so Ive reverted to having shakes am, and lunch time and a small meal pm now.

Once this next weeks over and our surgery is actually happening, Kity, maize, Pat, dave, heather, Terri...we will all be a lot more releived...ha ha..it will be done!! Then our new life begins... :help:

Good Morning Everyone

Welcome Dave & Pat

Pat - did you read all our post, I was freaking out last week for the same reasons. But much calmer now, and even better since I actually was with someone who had it done this week.

I am so glad I decided to tell people. Last night I had to go get my piercings changed for surgery and the girl who did it asked what king of surgery I was having, so I told her, her boyfriend was thinking about doing it but was on the fence about surgery. She asked me to check in with her and let me know how I make out. I'll check in because as we all know you shouldn't wait, it is the greatest thing - but she will see me again when I get to the point that I get my bellybutton re-pierced.

Happy Saturday