Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Birth Control Problems!

I've been infertile for so long I forgot that BC will be an issue for me again after I have surgery. Do they still make the birth control patch? I just don't like IUDs or implants.

They do but I'm not sure it'll work on bypass patients. Your best bet is to talk to your doctor or surgeon about what methods would be best for you. I was told my best options were Norplant, Nuvaring, or Depo. I'm going with the shot.

Since I had depression for a short period in my late teens, I was never eligible for the shot. I was also particularly scared that the Nuvaring would come out or wouldn't be a high enough dose for me (my hormones are pretty strong). I confess to having been nervous about getting an IUD but I don't regret it.

I have the Paraguard right now but I had heavy periods to begin with and now they're a bit too long and too heavy with too much spotting for my liking, so I'm switching to Mirena before surgery. I didn't want to have to remember pills and I've never been pregnant before; I haven't had any problems with it at all aside from the initial 2 periods worth of especially bad cramps. Compared to surgery, it wasn't much at all. I took Advil and everything was fine. I was apprehensive before, but I have become a firm supporter of IUDs through my experiences so far.

I've been infertile for so long I forgot that BC will be an issue for me again after I have surgery. Do they still make the birth control patch? I just don't like IUDs or implants.

The upper weight limit for the patch is around 185-190 lbs, above that and they cannot guarantee the patch will work!

Said it before, but LOVE my nuvaring, wish I'd done it years ago!!!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 210

I have my third Mirena in now and I love them! Nothing to remember, nothing to feel, no worries for my boyfriend and I. :)

This is the issue I'm having. I need birth control ASAP! I think it's between Implanon and Nuva Ring. I just called my obgyn and he is so hard see at the last minute. I explained to the nurse that I need an appt. as soon as possible, but she didn't understand the urgency. Waiting on the call back from the Dr. I am terrified to have sex with my hubby because I don't want to get prego!!!

Ok he recommends Nuva ring. I'm reading all of the horror stories. Oh my.

Ok he recommends Nuva ring. I'm reading all of the horror stories. Oh my.

Im with u but I think im gonna do depo for one round the weight gain I will watch but my friend just became pregnant on the nuvaring plus I dnt want to be inserting things lol I really need b/c asap

Mzshay35 RNYTalk

The implanon is really the best choice for me. It lasts 3 years. Thats enough time to get my weight regulated.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using RNYTalk

The implanon is really the best choice for me. It lasts 3 years. Thats enough time to get my weight regulated.

I am having the hardest time finding a good birth control. My ob said no on the implanon and gave me their literature where it clearly says that they did not study the efficiency of implanon in overweight women. So it could not work. My surgeon said no depo bc the hormones make it harder to keep weight off let alone lose. I have tried three different pills non of which have stopped my spotting. I have it every damn day.

Ob said no to IUD bc I haven't had kids and the slip rate is too high to risk infertility now. Also it's not guaranteed it will help stop the spotting. The nuva ring made me smell bad. It was very embarrassing. The patch was a no bc there is a weight limit. At this point I just want something that will stop this spotting!

HW 283. SW265. SD 3/22/13! CW 217

Try desogen. The generic is reclipsen. Its a great pill. I was on it.

Just saw this thread - I, like many others, am going the Nuvaring route. My question is at what point can I start it? I am 2 weeks post op. I didn't know if I need to wait 30 days or so to minimize the blood clot risk after surgery. Thanks!

HW: 245 SW: 233 CW: 222

Try desogen. The generic is reclipsen. Its a great pill. I was on it.

I am on reclipsen.... I never could remember the non-generic forms name. Thanks.

I have taken it for years and since surgery have continued it and so far so good.

Just saw this thread - I' date=' like many others, am going the Nuvaring route. My question is at what point can I start it? I am 2 weeks post op. I didn't know if I need to wait 30 days or so to minimize the blood clot risk after surgery. Thanks!

HW: 245 SW: 233 CW: 222[/quote']

I waited a month....just to be on the safe side.