Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Birth Control Problems!

I am taking birth control pills. Started taking them a week ago. When I take them my pouch just doesn't agree and I feel sick all day. Can't eat or drink at all without getting close to throwing up. What other options do you ladies recommend for birth control besides the pill.

Stephanie

I am on the nuvaring and I love it. I don't have to swallow and remember pills.. I can skip periods if I want. Also it's free now in Ohio. I think though I may get an Implant just in case if I get the surgery.

I got the Implanon and it's good for 3 years. I like it.

I have been on depo for three years and I love it. When you first start it weight gain can happen but its only 10-15 lb but thats about it as side effects go.

<3 my nuvaring

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 220.2

I've got paragard and I will definitely NOT recommend it I just recently switched from Mirena I really want depo but my pcp said its weight requirements for it

I've got paragard and I will definitely NOT recommend it I just recently switched from Mirena I really want depo but my pcp said its weight requirements for it

Really? My lady doc didnt mention weight with the depo

I've been through Alesse and Seasonale but both gave me Migraines and killer mood swings. I just chucked the pill and am going to take my chances with mother nature. I feel better already. I'm 39 and will be paying off the fertility treatments for my 4-year-old for years. I can't quite believe that I'll suddenly turn up pregnant.

Yes, be prepared to laugh if I post I'm pregnant soon.

I am taking birth control pills. Started taking them a week ago. When I take them my pouch just doesn't agree and I feel sick all day. Can't eat or drink at all without getting close to throwing up. What other options do you ladies recommend for birth control besides the pill.

Stephanie

I have the mirena. No weight gain. No Migraines. Don't have to think about it for five years. Love it. Just had my second one put in.

I see there's a lot of talk here about birth control. Did your doctors require you to use a BC option or is this your choice? I've got a long history of infertility issues (our daughter is adopted) and have never really needed BC. I did take Ortho for a couple months when I was about 19 to try and regulate my period but they made me sick and I stopped using them. I've never been regular since. Just curious.

I see there's a lot of talk here about birth control. Did your doctors require you to use a BC option or is this your choice? I've got a long history of infertility issues (our daughter is adopted) and have never really needed BC. I did take Ortho for a couple months when I was about 19 to try and regulate my period but they made me sick and I stopped using them. I've never been regular since. Just curious.

My doctor has told me that I must take it. I have PCOS and he said my fertility could improve very quickly after surgery and getting pregnant too soon after surgery is very dangerous.

It's up to you, My surgeon recommends using two forms of BC for the first 18 months after surgery because of the increased fertility rate. It's really dangerous to both mom and baby if you get pregnant in the first 18 months because of body changes and limited nutrition coming in.

My doctor has told me that I must take it. I have PCOS and he said my fertility could improve very quickly after surgery and getting pregnant too soon after surgery is very dangerous.

hmmm....that's interesting. No one has mentioned this as a possibility to me and he's aware of our past failed infertility treatments. Guess I better be bringing this up the next time I meet with them on 5/10. Thanks ;-)