Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2week post op liquid diet

R u doing this?? I need ideas!!!

R u doing this?? I need ideas!!!

I'm still on all clear but not full liquid and I don't think it's two weeks long. It's hard to get liquid in though, just count is my best advice! I have a big GNC Water bottle that I put the liquid in and I know I have to get at least two of those in in the day. The hospital gave me little one oz cups and I have 4 every hour (or try)! Good luck Ashley!!

I am currently On full liquid diet. My two week post-op is Wednesday and I am hoping for some texture! I have followed the guidelines that my nutritionist has provided and i mainly eat malt o meal, sf Jello and pudding, applesauce, sf Popsicles, strained Soups but mostly Tomato Soup. The list also says baby food but I am creeped out by this. After the first week I tried instant mash potatoes because I found myself getting hungry and this was recommended by my nutritionist. I have tolerated everything just fine, even though I sometimes feel I am able to eat more than I should be able to! Good luck! I also found a lot of ideas thrown around in the recipe and food threads.

I'm still on all clear but not full liquid and I don't think it's two weeks long. It's hard to get liquid in though' date=' just count is my best advice! I have a big GNC Water bottle that I put the liquid in and I know I have to get at least two of those in in the day. The hospital gave me little one oz cups and I have 4 every hour (or try)! Good luck Ashley!![/quote']

You sound like ur getting the Water in. I don't think I am. Trying though! I have a nice water bottle pre op. But post, i was told no straws so i haven't used it! I sleep alot still do u?

I am currently On full liquid diet. My two week post-op is Wednesday and I am hoping for some texture! I have followed the guidelines that my nutritionist has provided and i mainly eat malt o meal' date=' sf Jello and pudding, applesauce, sf Popsicles, strained Soups but mostly Tomato Soup. The list also says baby food but I am creeped out by this. After the first week I tried instant mash potatoes because I found myself getting hungry and this was recommended by my nutritionist. I have tolerated everything just fine, even though I sometimes feel I am able to eat more than I should be able to! Good luck! I also found a lot of ideas thrown around in the recipe and food threads.[/quote']

At what poibt in the last two weeks did u start eating that? Im day 5 post and I can barely get the Water in?

At what poibt in the last two weeks did u start eating that? Im day 5 post and I can barely get the Water in?

I could feel hunger on day four- the nutritionist said it was because swelling was going down. I also noticed being able to eat a lot more (2-4 ounces of applesauce or Greek yogurt!). I go for my 2 week post op on Wednesday so hopefully I get reassurance that this is normal! My husband had surgery a couple of years ago and he was very similar to how you are explaining- not able to eat even an ounce of food and difficulty getting in all Fluid requirements. Everyone is different I guess, I just hope it doesn't interfere with my weight loss!

You sound like ur getting the Water in. I don't think I am. Trying though! I have a nice Water bottle pre op. But post' date=' i was told no straws so i haven't used it! I sleep alot still do u?[/quote']

Yea I sleep a lot during the day, not at night though its weird

My doctor has me drining 2 oz of Protein Shake (medifast) 4 times per day and as much Water as my heart desires. Thats it. Next Thursday will be 2 weeks and my paperwork says I will move to soft/pureed foods such as cottage cheese or scrambled eggs. Its interesting to see how each doctor does it differently.

Why are we only allowed 30ccs if liquid at first every 15 mins? It's not enough sometimes! There has to be a reason. Can't we just fill up a Water bottle and drink throughout the day? Can the pouch stretch if it has too much liquid early on?

Why are we only allowed 30ccs if liquid at first every 15 mins? It's not enough sometimes! There has to be a reason. Can't we just fill up a Water bottle and drink throughout the day? Can the pouch stretch if it has too much liquid early on?

You can drink more. The 2 ounces every 15 minutes is a guide to help you track and meet the. 64 ounces. Just sip and don't take gulps. When you get further out you will be able to drink without sipping. I am 11 weeks and finally can but I am still cautious