Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 3 and 1/2 weeks post op and I have not lost any weight for over a week. Frustrating!! I don't understand how I can eat so little, walk, and still not lose weight. I am getting 35 to 50g of Protein in and plenty of Water. I was expecting stalls, but not so soon. Anyone else experiencing this?

Everyone is different, I had a 2 month stall, I am 9 months post op. My stall was 5 months post op. If you are following your sugeons instructions then the weight will start coming off just stick to your eating plan, and the weight will start coming off. I increased my exercise from walking to jogging and increased from a 45 minute workout to a hour workout and that got me out of my stall.

I stalled around 1month out, don't worry it will come off. It is different for everyone. Don't get discouraged, just keep doing what you're doing. :)

I had a stall at 3 weeks and now at almost 3 months post op I haven't lost any in the past 16 days. It happens and it is disappointing to say the least when you know your eating and doing what your suppose to. Even the "why did I go through this " I am hoping everyone is right that it will come off eventually

I had a stall at 3 weeks and now at almost 3 months post op I haven't lost any in the past 16 days. It happens and it is disappointing to say the least when you know your eating and doing what your suppose to. Even the "why did I go through this " I am hoping everyone is right that it will come off eventually

Kiser,

How are you doing calorie, Protein, and carb wise? And exercise....I find that I have to drop carbs, and increase exercise to break from a stall. I let my body stall for a few weeks as long as I am not gaining, as this is the time I lose inches and drop clothing sizes.

Calories are around 600-700 a day Protein 70-80 grams a day. Exercise is limited to walking about 30 minutes a day as I had gallbladder surgery 3 weeks ago and still haven't healed from that all the way

I'm not gaining but but not losing either. I know I should exercise more but since the bypass I have been in and out of hospital 5 times. 2 times for dehydration 2 EDG for strictures and 1 gallbladder removal. And I think I am getting another stricture now as over the past couple days its getting painful when I eat and makes me feel so bloated like its just sitting there not moving

Actually try increasing your calories. Just by 100. It often breaks a stale. And 800 should be your minimum.

I think that may be the problem lol I am getting probably 30 ounces. I am going to try and get 64 today

Strictures sux...I had to get one fixed twice. Can you drink? Try hot Decaf tea with a teaspoon of honey. (If you are super sugar sensitive it might make you dump) but honey does not affect me. It is an antibacterial, an antiinflamitory, (sp) and actually a third world treatment for gasteroenteritis....

I haven't tried honey. I am scared to dump. I am not sure how sensitive I am to sugar as I try and avoid added sugars. I can drink that's why I know the stricture is just starting. Its the same as last 2 times. I can drink and eat but then eating hurts and eventually in a few days drinking will do the same

Its my understanding that the body processes honey differently. If I remember correctly there is 6mg of sugar in it...

I have not lost a thing since my last doctors appointment on Dec. 27th! Getting distressed! I know I'm not getting much excersie cuz it's so nasty outside, I can't walk. Also, I know I'm not getting enough Protein and fluids. The plus side is that I have lost inches. But the scales aren't moving!

Don't lose heart...but do keep up with your Protein, Water, calories...and reduced carbs!! We can do this!, I feel like I am not losing any weight at all...but when I look at the big picture, I am 120 Lbs down so far.