Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not quite 3 weeks out and my weight is stalling!! I'm still freaking hungry all the damn time! Why the hell did I alter my digestive system if I'm not going to lose weight..I'm beyond pissed this morning!! My scale is saying I've gained .6 lbs this weekend so far! I've stayed under 700 calories and I'm drinking plenty of water...This just horse shit!!

You are not going to like what I am going to say but the reality of this surgery is that it is no Magical cure. You are 3 weeks out... You have to give your shocked body a chance to adjust to what you have done to it. Starvation mode is not uncommon at this point as you have eliminated alot of the calories out of your diet. You are going to have to be patient thru out this whole process... It takes time... Follow the protocol set out by your surgeon and the weight will fall off... Of the 166 lbs I have lost... There were many weeks where my weight just stalled out... But big picture is... I have lost 166 freakin pounds. Hang in there hun... It will come off!!! As for still feeling hungry. The nerve endings of your new pouch are still healing... It will come... Find something else to occupy your mind.. It does help

I don't expect to lose a pound a day, but I did expect the scale to inch it's way down... I just don't understand how I'm gaining...I think this is what I'm most pissed about!..

I find that i gain a bit when

A) iits that time of the month

B) i haven't been to the toliet for a few days

C) stare at the scale all the time!! :-)

Firstly you body is in shock, and trying hard to hold onto ever calorie or oz of Water it can. Put your scale in the cupboard for a week and I'm sure you see a lose . I cam gain3 pounds during a day if i weigh my self in the morning and in the evening.

Im four months out, had a few stalls, and felt that im losing slowly but suddenly im 73 ponds less!! Keep the big picture in mind and. Hide that scale!! Good luck!

I'm not losing either. It's been 10-14 days since Ive seen a loss and I'm only a month out. I'm frustrated as hell, but I know I'm not getting enough calories, Protein, or Fluid so my body is just freaking out.

I'm literally on the verge of tears...I just can't believe that the scale is moving up! I'm feeding myself every 3 1/2 hrs like my nut and surgeon said...I'm making excellent choices and I'm still not seeing results. I'm down 14lbs since 12/27..I was really hoping to be down at least 20lbs in the first month...but at this rate it's not looking like it's going to happen! What else do I need to do!!

I am 6 weeks out and went through the same thing when I hit my 3rd week... at that point I had to focus on my Water intake and change up what I was doing for exercise... also try to spike your Protein intake. Even though you are feeling better you need to remember your insides are still in a bit of shock. The weight will start to come off again. Stay away from the scale for a few days and focus on staying positive. It will happen as long as you work the tool.

I had my surgery 11/26 and I lost a lot of weight the first 3 weeks and haven't dropped more then 5 pounds since. I was freaking out and I even cried for a few days thinking I was doing something wrong. I read a lot of posts on here saying its very common and I doing what people have said to do and the scale is starting to move again. I have to agree with everyone hide the scale for a week or so. I only weigh myself once a week. That way I don't get depressed. Stay positive and take advice from others. It may or may not work but something will and then you will know what to do the next time.

I have been in the same spot you have. I think everyone has. It sucks and you feel like you regret everything. I think it took me about 2 monhs before I decided that the surgery was worth it. No matter how much people say hide your scale and just stay positive you are still frustrated. It's just reality and being human. I am here to tell you as much as you don't want to hear just wait it out and stay positive and don't weight yourself but once a week, they are all right. While going through this I had to remember I just had major surgery and my body will take at least 6 months to heal inside if not more, you are starving your body and it's natural thing to do is hold on to everything, if you don't get all your Protein in you are more likely to not loose as much, but getting in all your protein is almost impossible especially in the beginning unless you are drinking Protein Shakes, you cannot control how much you loose. I have weeks when I lose 5 or more and then I only lose 1 or 2 pounds a week for a couple of weeks. Your body is going to do what it wants to and you just have to accept it no matter how mad you get. I am finally at that place at almost 3 months so it took some time to accept it and you will get to that place also and the last thing I had to keep telling myself was I had this surgery to get healthy not to count how many pounds I can loose and how fast I can loose it. It's hard to not get caught up on the number but try and remember you did this to get healthy. Once your body gets to a comfortable place with what you did to it, it will relax and start to let go of the weight. I promise it get's better. Good luck hun!!!

Oh and one last thing. One of the biggest things I have learned is that this is just a tool. At 2 months out I could eat almost whatever I wanted. And now at 3 months out I can eat anything I want so it's up to me to make the right choices and Portion Control. This weight loss is ALL UP TO YOU. The only thing the surgery does for you, in a nutshell, is help you loose a few more pounds a week than you would dieting but that's it. YOU have to do the rest. Just like when you dieted you have to choose the right foods, not eat too much of those foods, drink all your Water, get in all your Protein, take your Vitamins and work out to keep the weight loss going and strenghen your body. Sounds like everything you did before the surgery right, exactly. It's alll up to YOU. But again it does end up being worth it. :)

I have the same problem. I hade surgery on 12/12/12 and I was losing so well up to week 3, now for the past 9 days I have not lost a pound. I am so frustrated. <_< I have not eaten more than 600 calories a day.

Nancy, same surgery date here, same exact sutuation. Week3, it just stopped.

I am new to this forum and I am 10 days post-op. first of all I hear your pain, but look at the positives; your weight have dropped, your in better health, and you have this group. Just be a little patient.

Hang in there!! It will happen and you didn't gain all your weight in one night so you cannot expect to lose it overnight. There are a lot of factors that can cause the slowness but rest assured, take a deep breath and stop looking at the scale every waking minute. Continue to make good choices and it will happen. I am 2 years out and freaked myself out for no reason and still do sometimes. It takes a little while to get your body back to normal. Hang in there! I'm down 105 pounds and holding steady :)

Oh and one last thing. One of the biggest things I have learned is that this is just a tool. At 2 months out I could eat almost whatever I wanted. And now at 3 months out I can eat anything I want so it's up to me to make the right choices and Portion Control. This weight loss is ALL UP TO YOU. The only thing the surgery does for you' date=' in a nutshell, is help you loose a few more pounds a week than you would dieting but that's it. YOU have to do the rest. Just like when you dieted you have to choose the right foods, not eat too much of those foods, drink all your Water, get in all your Protein, take your Vitamins and work out to keep the weight loss going and strenghen your body. Sounds like everything you did before the surgery right, exactly. It's alll up to YOU. But again it does end up being worth it. :)[/quote']

I think you are being too hard on yourself. Even 10 pounds or 5 is great. You are losing and this isnt a race. Getting upset isnt going to help. Go for a walk and let your body do what its going to. It is normal to hit a first stall at 3 weeks. Try changing up your diet a bit