Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

23 days post op! Food options! Help!

I am 23 days post op! 47 pounds down ( gastric by on December 20th 2012)

Okay guys! I need a little help! At 23 days out i am not sure what I could eat! Of course I have my handy dandy guild that lets me know where i should be or eating at this point but I am looking for more options. I am soooo over this liquid thing lol!

1) Have any of you went to any restaurants yet if so what did/can you order? Any recomendations?

great job on the 47lbs! i am still pre-opp but the nutritionist for my doc says lean Protein sources for the first 75% of your weight loss....chicken, fish, Beans, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, ....what kind of food do you like? allrecipies.com has a tool to sort recipies by nutrient, you can set a protein minimum a carb maximum sodium, etc....very useful. hope that site might give you some good ideas for what you like, you can also search by ingredients you have or like...take care'

kat

@kat thanks so much! That will help alot! Ill check it out!

Congrats on the loss! That is awesome. :)

Wow that's great. I had mine December 19th. According to ky Dr I should stay on liquids until the end of next week and then start soft foods. But to be honest I started some soft foods. Last night o made a turkey chilli with Beans for extra Protein. Look online for rny friendly recipes. I also want to the library and took out a whole bunch of healthy cookbooks. I copied down recepies that work for me.

I'm 26 days post op and I have been having puréed stuff. Scrambled eggs with melted cheese, egg salad, tuna salad, Wendy's chili, mashed potatoes sweet potatoes, ground hamburger with cheese melted on it (chew well). Imitation crab meat, refried Beans FF with a little melted cheese on top, cauliflower mashed, cottage cheese, salmon to name a few.

DOS 12/17/12

I'm 26 days post op and I have been having puréed stuff. Scrambled eggs with melted cheese, egg salad, tuna salad, Wendy's chili, mashed potatoes sweet potatoes, ground hamburger with cheese melted on it (chew well). Imitation crab meat, refried Beans FF with a little melted cheese on top, cauliflower mashed, cottage cheese, salmon to name a few.

DOS 12/17/12

Nicole you are doing awesome on those food choices, I still find most days (surgery 12/5) I depend on Protein shakes for the bulk of my nourishment. Nothing is appealing. I have done the wendy's chilie twice, but i but it through the blender and added some unjury cheese Protein and a dollop of fat free sour cream. it was really good, went down, stayed down, no pain. Also refried Beans awesome. I love mashed potatoes but I know i need to stay away from the carbs. So mostly i just drink and drink and drink.

Bward, your weight loss is amazing after 23 days! What was your starting weight if you don't mind me asking. My surgery should be scheduled for the end of the month.

Hello every1. I'm new to the group. I had Gastric Bypass Surgery on January 3,2013. New Year New Me right. I was wondering wht other options I have to eat. Don't get me wrong I love the Unjury Protein Shakes. I have eating oatmeal, grits, n cream of wheat, but I'm tired of tht n the yougart n applsauce. I see now I can broading my soft food options. Thanks

Butterfly good luck on ur surgery

Thanks ladies this really helps! I love the turkey chili idea! I think ill make some tonight.. :-) all the best guys! Thanks again

The turkey chili is good rolled up in a soft tortilla with some lf cheese and lf sour cream

I just started on poultry Chicken/Turkey DoS 12.17.12 it's been difficult for me regarding Protein Drinks, unfortunately they make me Sick, Literally, so my Nut said to Start Egg whites, Beans and poultry as long as they r soft moist & are chopped fine or pulled apart Finely Shredded to get my Protein in, today I made a Shepherds turkey pie.

DOS 12/17/12

Wow Bward 47 pounds already? Impressive! I had my surgery the day after you and I'm onto the "soft food" stage. Today I had a crab cake (well like 1/3 of one) but pretty much everything Nicole mentioned above is great, plus yogurt SF puddings, italian ice/popsicles, and my new found have is rotisserie chicken from my supermarkets deli section. The leftovers make great chicken salad, too. If you're going to do ground meats I'd start with chicken or turkey & try to stay away from beef for another few weeks. Good Luck! I know how you feel, the liquids were the worst!

Nicole you are doing awesome on those food choices' date=' I still find most days (surgery 12/5) I depend on Protein shakes for the bulk of my nourishment. Nothing is appealing. I have done the wendy's chilie twice, but i but it through the blender and added some unjury cheese Protein and a dollop of fat free sour cream. it was really good, went down, stayed down, no pain. Also refried Beans awesome. I love mashed potatoes but I know i need to stay away from the carbs. So mostly i just drink and drink and drink.[/quote']

I've put nothing through the blender. I chew very good. Small bites. I do not eat a lot of mashed potatoes. If I do, I eat my protein first and end up full half the time to not wanting cold mashed potatoes. Lol.

DOS 12/17/12