Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February!

I'm on morphine @ Tylenol. Much better after Tylenol. I feel a little better each day.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Ok

I had my surgery yesterday morning and my husband still hasn't called me. That makes me very sad.

Wow! That's just so wrong. Do u have support from others in your Fam/ friends?

Surgery was yesterday and I feel great! A little pain on the left' date=' but otherwise I am great. I got up and walked 3 times last night.[/quote']

Wow girl. I hope it affects me the same ! Good going !

Consider yourself lucky' date=' because I had surgery on Monday and I still feel like a huge piece of turd![/quote']

And I hope I don't! Lol! Feel better girl.... Pain meds anyone

I am sooo stressed. My surgery date is Feb. 18. Although I am very excited about a new life ahead of me' date=' I am scared out of my mind. I am convinced something terrible is going to go wrong, that i am going to die and leave my daughter mother-less. I know it is all in my head, but I can't help myself. I even curled up in my bed this afternoon and just cried myself to sleep. The closer Monday comes the more stressed I become.[/quote']

I understand. Though I have faith in a higher power I doubted or was scared myself.... Still am... I am on Xanax and praying and reading the word and re-reading all of my medical paperwork and hospitalization costs for my medical conditions that make this a necessary thing for my life and for me to be with my kids and hubby.

I experienced the same from my hubby told Me I don't need surgery. But it's over now surgery is complete. Had a super rough violently dry heaved all night today I'm much much better:)

My hubby said that too, especially about me losing the boobs and butt he loves. I try to tell him they will be better and if not we can add something extra later :-) lol. But seriously when he saw my health issues and my hospitalizations increase and more issues he became resigned to it being needed even if he doesn't view me a Big or whatever.

It's not that I am really scared of anesthesia. It the time on the table that can irritate my collapsing airway and put me into realities arrest which has happened in past surgeries. The reason I started going to The Brigham in Boston (2 hours from my home) was because none of my local hospitals would put me under anesthesia' date=' even Dartmouth didnt want to anymore. The Brigham always has the head of the department do it when I have surgery. I have had a total of 12 majors surgeries in the last four years, plus a number surgeries before that. My surgeon even told me there is a chance they will have do a actual cut surgery on me instead if endoscopic because of all my past abdominal surgeries may have too much scar tissue. I just had orthopedic surgery last month on a torn rotator cuff and torn bicep on my shoulder. Still having PT for that.[/quote']

Wow! We will be praying hard for you! You will not have any issues recovering. You will heal well and succeed! It is declared and will be so in the name of God.

Amen!

I was in your class today.. Haha.. What is your surgery date?

March 5th-how about you? Were you really in my class? Well not MY class lol.

Hi all! Been lurking for a week but keeping up with posts. So happy you are all doing well. Cannot believe next Wednesday will be my turn! Got my clear liquid instructions for beginning Monday morning. No bowel prep or cath. Praise The Lord!! This time next week I'll be on the slimming side. Can not wait.

Hi all! Been lurking for a week but keeping up with posts. So happy you are all doing well. Cannot believe next Wednesday will be my turn! Got my clear liquid instructions for beginning Monday morning. No bowel prep or cath. Praise The Lord!! This time next week I'll be on the slimming side. Can not wait.

Congrats Pam! You will do great!

It's not that I am really scared of anesthesia. It the time on the table that can irritate my collapsing airway and put me into realities arrest which has happened in past surgeries. The reason I started going to The Brigham in Boston (2 hours from my home) was because none of my local hospitals would put me under anesthesia' date=' even Dartmouth didnt want to anymore. The Brigham always has the head of the department do it when I have surgery. I have had a total of 12 majors surgeries in the last four years, plus a number surgeries before that. My surgeon even told me there is a chance they will have do a actual cut surgery on me instead if endoscopic because of all my past abdominal surgeries may have too much scar tissue. I just had orthopedic surgery last month on a torn rotator cuff and torn bicep on my shoulder. Still having PT for that.[/quote']

Sounds like you are in excellent hands! Breathing problems are so frightening-- I have asthma and they are always a little crazy about that. Your docs sound like the best. Best wishes for a swift recovery.

Not to scare the pre-op folks but I swear that JP drain is made out of razor wire!!! Holy moly did that burn when the pulled it out. Plus very unnerving to feel something unwinding around your guts :/

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 240

Welcome Mandy, tbaby, aayers, montage, let me know if I missed anyone!!!!

Edm852-February 1

somaiswhat-February 4

mzpicoza-February 4

erin0929-February 4

Misscelia-February 4

DarcyA66-February 4

khailey1230-February 4

Rose333-February 6

Kat77-February 6

Spunkielor-February 6

Misty1976-February 6

monken-February 6

Debbiebydesign-February 7

Br3n143-February 11

SoccerMomma73-February 11

rocky-February 11

Kellyk2511-Febrary 11

chrissy1147-February 11

DreamInColor-February 12

Chedom-February 12

lisaarellano-February 13

mzwilliams2u-February 13

krista1020-February 13

ArmyWife&Mom-February 14

karioke2012-February 14

Padlrd-February 14

Sleevemeup-February 14

shellbelle73-February 18

tiff_DEbeaches-February 18

turtle lips- February 18

Hope 2013-February 18

daluvoflife-February 19

gra5u5-February 19

celebrate*me-February 19

feruzie-February 20

agirloffaith-February 20

Pam Peltz-February 20

Choosethewrench-February 20

ECUJenn-February 20

one day at a time-February 22

Lovely Luna-February 22

Foranewme-February 25

sol-February 25

chrissy61483-February 25

Princess petunia-February 25

tbaby-February 25

btb2013-February 26

AliG-February 26

Montage-February 26

pookybear-February 27

groovykg-February 27

mandydawn-February 28

sassy14-February 28

aayers88-February 28

Not to scare the pre-op folks but I swear that JP drain is made out of razor wire!!! Holy moly did that burn when the pulled it out. Plus very unnerving to feel something unwinding around your guts :/

HW 312' date=' pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 240[/quote']

OMG so right1 I am one week post op and the pain from the JP removal still haunts me. Then there is this deep deep pain pull on left side low low inner abdomen that I could cry when it occurs.... I over did it yesterday to much WALKING if that is possible. I stopped my Lortab two days after discharge I hate that stuff. Tylenol works GREAT. Im already bored with the eating i'm not even hungry or whatever that means now. All I can say is I celebrated a normal bowel movement!!!!! Only this group of people can talk about our POOP!!!! LOL

NOW GET TO EXPELLING THE GAS MISSY!!!! LOL