Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February!

First....I feel so bad for not keeping up with how you are all doing. Please forgive me. I have been reprimanded by the nurse for not taking potassium and not getting food or Water requirements in, but it feels like a kick in the stomach every time I put something in there.

And officially on the losers bench. All went well' date=' a lot of adhesions to clear out and SURPRISE had a hiatal hernia that got repaired as well (no one knew I even had a hiatal hernia!!) Hitting my morphine pump on a regular basis, would kill for ice chips right now (10:00 tomorrow morning I get ice chips).

Will be heading out to walk for the first time in just a few minutes. I did end up with a JP drain and my catheter is still in. All in all doing much better than expected on night ....so happy to be done with it!!![/quote']

I'm so glad the surgery went well. Ice chips are so good when you haven't been able to drink. Morphine was OK but they added torodol on top of that when I was in there. Now I only have the liquid lortab....can't wait till we are all on our feet feeling good.

OMG Kat77 is this you that is having the problems with fluids? You did have a hernia?

Yes' date=' I can't seem to drink that much. I love Water but it hurts to swallow anything. I feel like I'm swallowing a walnut and getting a kick in in the pouch. I did have a hernia repair...didn't even know I had a hernia. I have 6 incisions instead of 3.... I am setting a timer today to get more fluids in.....it is helping, but the pain is a big issue and I threw up some of my Protein supp yesterday so I'm sore and scared to drink it again.....just two sips and I was throwing up in the bank parking lot....embarrassing. How are you doing?

Kat, have they given you any anti-nausea meds? That's such a yucky feeling. Hope you feel better soon!

In the hospital they gave me several meds for nausea, the patch worked best. They only sent me home with suppositories.....No thank you. I'd rather throw up. Thanks for thinking of me.

Surgery was a success! Can't believe I'm finally on the other side. The pain is pretty bad' date=' I've been up all night trying to get it under control.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

Kelly, so glad you are through safely. Speak up if your morphine isn't working....God bless. I hope you recover quickly

sorry you are having difficulty' date=' thinking of you[/quote']

Thank you spunk.....how are you doing? How is your pain and are you able to get your fluids in? This timer is really helping me. I'm taking three tiny sips every ten min....working good so far. Oh and I'm drinking warm lemon water. Recommended by nurse....feels better than the cold in there. Thanks for thinking of me.

God bless all going in today!

Crap. Just looked in the mirror, I'm still fat.

Lmfao.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Lol.....that's what I said....especially since I gained weight after surgery. I haven't looked lately.

Crap. Just looked in the mirror' date=' I'm still fat.

Lmfao.

Lol do NOT make me laugh!!!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 240

Lol do NOT make me laugh!!!!!!

HW 312' date=' pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 240[/quote']

Did you get your ice chips?

Did you get your ice chips?

Yup! 1ounce every 30 minutes...they are heaven!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 240

HW 312' date=' pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 240[/quote']

And a shower which was also heaven!!!

First....I feel so bad for not keeping up with how you are all doing. Please forgive me. I have been reprimanded by the nurse for not taking potassium and not getting food or Water requirements in' date=' but it feels like a kick in the stomach every time I put something in there.

I'm so glad the surgery went well. Ice chips are so good when you haven't been able to drink. Morphine was OK but they added torodol on top of that when I was in there. Now I only have the liquid lortab....can't wait till we are all on our feet feeling good.

Yes, I can't seem to drink that much. I love Water but it hurts to swallow anything. I feel like I'm swallowing a walnut and getting a kick in in the pouch. I did have a hernia repair...didn't even know I had a hernia. I have 6 incisions instead of 3.... I am setting a timer today to get more fluids in.....it is helping, but the pain is a big issue and I threw up some of my Protein supp yesterday so I'm sore and scared to drink it again.....just two sips and I was throwing up in the bank parking lot....embarrassing. How are you doing?

In the hospital they gave me several meds for nausea, the patch worked best. They only sent me home with suppositories.....No thank you. I'd rather throw up. Thanks for thinking of me.

Kelly, so glad you are through safely. Speak up if your morphine isn't working....God bless. I hope you recover quickly

Thank you spunk.....how are you doing? How is your pain and are you able to get your fluids in? This timer is really helping me. I'm taking three tiny sips every ten min....working good so far. Oh and I'm drinking warm lemon water. Recommended by nurse....feels better than the cold in there. Thanks for thinking of me.

God bless all going in today![/quote']

Kat77

I'm doing well little scare they didn't warn me about at the beginning. Bowel movement first time was toilet full of old blood. Now getting back to normal. Started purée food sat after discharge Friday. I'm having trouble getting all,the water in and Protein drinks since you can't eat and drink for one and I never thirsty even when I had the band . I had my post op call from Veronica and she said I have to,drink more. Protein shakes are not my thing I only like one and I have to,order it.

My biggest thing is the pills potassium and protonix I forget to take them also scared they will get stuck since I had so many stuck,issues prior. As for nausea and vomiting I would rather you beat me with a baseball bat than be nauseated or vomit so if I have to use a suppository i will. Which by the way,they work right away.

right now my biggest issue is gas, gas pain, incisional pain and sleeping on my back is not working for me.... Haven't been outdoors yet, walking around house couldnt

stand or sit for long periods of time to much pain. I have the lortab but im weird about taking pain meds unless i REALLY need them.

I really hope you tolerate your fluids and foods soon I think the warm lemon water works well i did that for my band alot. Have your had any puree foods yet? We were aloud them on Saturday. keep in touch and keep us informed...Feel better get stronger and I hope to meet you one day, will you be attending support group at parkview?

Crap. Just looked in the mirror' date=' I'm still fat.

Lmfao.

LOL

Just got my surgery date this morning!! February 28th!!! When I first joined the forum I thought it would be forever until I got to say I got my date! But I did!! Nervous and excited at the same time!

I'm getting closer one more day and my nurse called to move my time up I'm first so have to be there at 6 I'm ready to get this done but its only the beginning

Just got my surgery date this morning!! February 28th!!! When I first joined the forum I thought it would be forever until I got to say I got my date! But I did!! Nervous and excited at the same time!

Congrats! :)

That is good news.. I am glad your doing well !!!