Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anna Nicole Smith has died

Sunta

on holymoly a uk gossip site thats fairly evil and reliable they just said that anna nic ole died of a ruptured lapband. could this possibly be true? ive lost 30 pounds since dec 21 15 pounds away from my goal and am thinking of lettong my kid( shes 18) get one, and i do kno wfrom dr that a lapband was found inside of ans wich is why trimpsa has the lawsuit.

b ut rupytiured?

maybe aspirating in th enight?

im scared/

anyone know anything about this?

Well I haven't heard anything about this, but I do know that the medical examiner was asked point blank "Was there any evidence that she had weight loss surgery?" and he replied "No."

I saw that on Larry King.

He also said that every rumor he has heard is "totally unsubstantiated" and that there's "no evidence" to any of the rumors (pnumonia, lupus, etc) and that the tabloids are "using only their imaginations" to come up with these stories.

Could you post the link where you saw the story?

The lapband itself rupturing wouldn't kill anyone, they'd just lose restriction. She could have had stomach problems caused by a lap-band, though, because I think I have heard of people that wound up with the blood supply to the stomach being cut off, and I believe it may have caused a death. But that's super rare, and people would have had symptoms long before dying of it. I would say it is extremely, extremely doubtful that a lap-band killed Anna-Nicole. They would have reported it by now, since it would have been found during the autopsy.

Well I haven't heard anything about this, but I do know that the medical examiner was asked point blank "Was there any evidence that she had weight loss surgery?" and he replied "No."

I saw that on Larry King.

I saw the same Larry King interview.

What puzzles me is that she had an EMT (her bodyguard) AND an RN with her round the clock. The nurse was trying to cool her down because she spiked a temp of 105 degrees. What medical professional does NOT take measures to get emergency treatment for a temp of 105 in an adult? She should have called 911, regardless of what Anna or Howard wanted. It was a matter of professional responsibility, if you ask me.

Yeah Carlene, that's what I'm sayin'! Obviously something was suspect because any normal human, RN or not, would know to get someone some help. Makes you wonder if maybe she lapsed into stupors on a regular basis or somethin'.

Lap Band Rupture? What?? How the heck could a lap band RUPTURE? Deteriorate, maybe. Fall apart? Get too much fill and explode? Hmmm, sounds like one of those urban myths to me.

Yeah Carlene, that's what I'm sayin'! Obviously something was suspect because any normal human, RN or not, would know to get someone some help. Makes you wonder if maybe she lapsed into stupors on a regular basis or somethin'.

Lap Band Rupture? What?? How the heck could a lap band RUPTURE? Deteriorate, maybe. Fall apart? Get too much fill and explode? Hmmm, sounds like one of those urban myths to me.

If you have a temp like that, you aren't going to get better without some serious anti-biotic treatment - usually via IV. A nurse would HAVE to know that.

I once spiked a temp of 105 1/2 and was going into convulsions. Fortunately, my DH came home and found me, and took me to the ER. I was sooooooo out of it. They packed me in ice (actually, it's a blanket that ice Water circulates thru) and made me stay in the hospital for 3 days.

My question is why was the body guard administering CPR while the NURSE was calling 911? Shouldn't that have been the other way around?????

Heyyy Carlene, did you hear on the news last night that the Harris Hospital in Hurst's staff learned how to use those ice blankets for cardiac patients? They actually saved a man. They lowered his body temp to below 90 degrees and although he was in a coma for 2 weeks, they gradually brought his temp to normal and he survived the whole procedure. They interviewed both the man and his wife. Very interesting!

aaamom: You would have to assume that the bodyguard knew CPR well, wouldn't you? I mean how could he administer CPR if he didn't know how to use it? It would seem that many people who could afford to have a bodyguard, would want a multi-talented one.

This does not relate to ANS, but to the comments on lowering body temp. They showed us the OR table they would be putting my DH on to do his open heart, and it is cooled and heated....depending on what part of the surgery they are in. Like the blanket, it is cooled and heated with Water, inside a channelled stainless steel table. Pretty cool!!!

I too was hospitalized as an adult when my fever went above 104.6, and the ER staff went into quick action when they realized how high it was---there was no fooling around at all. I had pneumonia.

I would imagine most body guards, are Emergency trained. Even my DH in his job has to have CPR, and first aid training, because he is in charge of other people. I agree, it is concerning not calling 911 way sooner, and makes the whole thing look circumspect.

Kat

My question is why was the body guard administering CPR while the NURSE was calling 911? Shouldn't that have been the other way around?????

The bodyguard is an EMT.

Heyyy Carlene, did you hear on the news last night that the Harris Hospital in Hurst's staff learned how to use those ice blankets for cardiac patients? They actually saved a man. They lowered his body temp to below 90 degrees and although he was in a coma for 2 weeks, they gradually brought his temp to normal and he survived the whole procedure. They interviewed both the man and his wife. Very interesting!

I read it in the newspaper. I was having hard chills with my temp and when they told me they were going to pack me in ice, I said, "No way. I would rather just go ahead and die." Of course, they paid no attention to me.

Kat: did you mean suspicious? ...made it look suspicious? I totally agree.

But when you think about people who are famous (or infamous) it seems that they think and live by the media and how it's going to appear to their public. Maybe she had been told to contact Howard if she got worse or something?

Carlene, you're funny. Told them you'd rather die... :eek:

I mean yes it obviously looked suspicious, but in a way, that it looked planned, like they already knew the outcome was not going to be good, so they made sure they were each doing something that "seemed right". It just doesn't feel right.

Kat

Oh, now I understand. Ugh that's awful to think that, but the way it all went down, it does make you think it is definitely a possibility.

You know I have no idea if Howard is a snake or not. I saw Anna's mother being interviewed when it first happened. I got really bad feelings. I just could not imagine a mother saying the things she said about her own daughter. I'm sure there was a lot of hurt there, but afterall she's the mother! She should have taken some responsibility for Anna leaving home so early. She was just glad when Anna Nicole left town! And the only time I saw her seem upset or tearful was when the interviewer asked her if Anna had given her or the family any money.

If her mother really is a bad person (and I have no real clue about that), no wonder Howard would try to protect Anna Nicole. I mean put yourself in her shoes. (Did you see her cousin interviewed on Anna's show? She bashed Anna horribly.) If your family treated you badly your whole life and they always wanted something from you, and only criticized you, wouldn't you want to be protected from them? I sure would. I have a feeling that's what the ceremony of commitment was all about that she and Howard staged. Letting the world know who she trusted. Maybe that trust was misplaced, but they had been in each others lives for a long time. He had probably proven to her that she could trust him. She had to trust someone at some point. Everyone agrees that she was probably not the brightest bulb on the porch. I think she probably did the best she could with what she had (or could buy).

well, after 7 weeks since she pased away it has been found that Anna acidentaly overdosed on a bad combinations of prescription drugs.

I have a tribute to her on my myspace page.

www.myspace.com/luvmy3kittes

When I click the link it says invalid friend ID, or account deleted.