Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anna Nicole Smith has died

Sunta

Sunta: Did you just get a fill? Why do you think your port was causing pain? Mine has from time to time and it has always been after a fill.

Sunta: Did you just get a fill? Why do you think your port was causing pain? Mine has from time to time and it has always been after a fill.

Hi! Thanks for inquiring. No, my last fill was over three months ago. My pain has been going on for two months now. I have been to the doctor once, and she gave me Celebrex, which does help, but the pain has gotten alot worse and is coming more frequently now. I need to call her back tomorrow and get another appointment. She said the next step was a CT scan. I am very disappointed that at one year out, I'm having problems. I am very concerned that I have a hernia (though she felt for one and said she didn't feel one; however I believe it may be under my port and thus obscured.)

I'm assuming that since the pain has been ongoing and worsening for two months that it will not go away on its own and it probably something that must be surgically corrected, which makes me extremely upset.

To make matters worse, I am up again tonight unable to sleep, and I'm afraid to take Tylenol PM with the Celebrex due to thinking about Anna Nicole! I'm afraid to combine anything now! HAHAHA I am so neurotic. I did also have two glasses of wine plus internal cold sore medicine, so I am afraid to take Tylenol PM on top of all of that. So it's 3:30am and I'm wide awake!

Sorry to take over the thread with my problems!

What a sad, sad story. All I can think is that maybe now her baby has somewhat of a chance at a normal life...

OMG, I agree w/you totally! Personally, she was a discrace to women, period.

Wow, grrl~that sux (Anna Nicole spelled sucks that way). I don't know exactly why you're wide awake at 3 AM, but I was having a terrible time with that for several years. I finally found out that a hormone was causing it. It happened anytime I ate dessert or other high carb food after about noon. They told me that my cortisol was too high and that unless I got it straightened out, I would be compromising my immune system. I apologize if yours has nothing to do with this, and I'm boring the socks (sox) off of you, but I thought, just in case.....

Have to say this, especially since the majority of us posting here are women. I know I'm really new to this board but really think this is worth mentioning. After the 1,000s of words I heard last night and this morning on the news about Anna's tragic death, I'm still waiting to hear the 3 most important words....post-partum depression. Anna lived a kooky and somewhat unstable life no doubt but she was still a woman and a woman who was simultaneously experiencing life's worst trauma along with the birth of a baby. No one, not even the most grounded of people, could handle both. I suspect that she was in such a severe state of grief and depression and that fed her post-partum episode. It's so sad she didn't have anyone around her who had the foresight to see where she was headed. I do agree w/ the person who posted here that now there's a good chance the baby will be brought up in a better environment. Hopefully. So, sad, all the way around.:think

I thought of that too!

As far as Howard K. Stern goes, I heard on Fox News last nite during the Anna special, that Stern was REAL controlling, like she wasn't allowed to talk to her mom w/o him around.....That itself is sad that someone has such low self esteem that that put up w/that crap! He sounds like a real piece of work himself....

The latest "news" claims that there were multiple vials of Methadone found in a refrigerator at ANS's home in the Bahamas. One would think, if this is true, that she would stay far, far away from the same stuff that killed her son.

Did anyone see Larry King last night? Anna Nicole's friend came on and said that Howard was directly responsible for shortening Anna's life, and that this friend tried to warn "everyone" including the FBI, the police, friends, and family that Howard was a bad guy. She said she knew this would happen and was not surprised, and that she witnessed Howard giving Anna many different drugs and egging her on to take them and saying "Come on, Come on, I'll take them with you." She said it's a case of "aggravated death". It was very damning.

Then Howard's sister came on and disparaged the friend saying the woman was barely in touch with Anna and that people are coming out of the woodwork, etc. But my question is, what would these people have to gain by saying these things about Howard if they weren't true? Why would they risk a lawsuit of slander? It doesn't make sense, unless they really did witness these things.

She said she witnessed Howard force Anna Nicole to hang up the phone many times when Anna was trying to talk to friends and family. That is classic abuser behavior.

It's interesting. I wonder if Howard would be liable in her death if it was proven he provided drugs to her, either by getting them in his name or by pushing them on her.

The story just keeps getting more complex...

Dead at 39..such a shame, I think of a report on "Gerald Levert". Overdosed on prescription pain killers and over the counter medications. I fear that Nicole played with the drugs she had. Then with her Man or so called husband helping to supply her with a Dr or prescrition(not to mention her son in the past 4 months). She got out of this life--not on her own. She thought nothing with happen--even as her own Mom told her......Something is very suspicious on all of this mess. All of sudden she has 3 Men stepping up. Last thought--they had parties where drugs were there--she had sex with Men with some sort of power--or so she thought. Life comes at you fast--or have you leave here fast

People come out of the woodwork because they want to be on TV. The audience tends to believe them because it is exciting and titillating. We want to believe that we are much better off than anyone who has trouble in their lives. Especially if they are financially better off and more famous than we are.

Her mother said that she never gave the family any money. "Vickie" stayed away from her family and left home at an early age (which her mother was thankful for since she didn't want the embarrassment of having her in the same town), so anything that her family or former childhood friends have to say at this point is sour grapes as far as I'm concerned. And even worse, it is adding insult to the injury they have already caused to Anna.

$$$$--this is the true motivation. I was thinking of the Eddie Murphy and Martin Film--"LIFE". In a scene where one of the immates got the wardens Daughter pregnant....They're going down the line holding the baby to each immates face--(they're black)--But the funny part...They are asked--who's that babies Daddy? Before you know it...almost 10 Men step forward--"I'm dat Babies Daddy"----funny it's not with Nicole--but this is going to be one helluva life story

Did anyone see Larry King last night? Anna Nicole's friend came on and said that Howard was directly responsible for shortening Anna's life, and that this friend tried to warn "everyone" including the FBI, the police, friends, and family that Howard was a bad guy. She said she knew this would happen and was not surprised, and that she witnessed Howard giving Anna many different drugs and egging her on to take them and saying "Come on, Come on, I'll take them with you." She said it's a case of "aggravated death". It was very damning.

Then Howard's sister came on and disparaged the friend saying the woman was barely in touch with Anna and that people are coming out of the woodwork, etc. But my question is, what would these people have to gain by saying these things about Howard if they weren't true? Why would they risk a lawsuit of slander? It doesn't make sense, unless they really did witness these things.

She said she witnessed Howard force Anna Nicole to hang up the phone many times when Anna was trying to talk to friends and family. That is classic abuser behavior.

It's interesting. I wonder if Howard would be liable in her death if it was proven he provided drugs to her, either by getting them in his name or by pushing them on her.

The story just keeps getting more complex...

Her friend seemed very believable to me. Anna asked her to be the God Mother, sounds like she was a good friend. She even warned Anna about him, Anna would say he was harmless.

I think Howard Stern is bad news. There is just not ONE person, but many, even her ex manager said what a bad guy howard was, how controlling. He controlled her with drugs.

Her friend tried to go see Anna after her son died, to be with her, and she heard on the intercom (it was left on) Howard telling the guy, Anna was not allowed to have visitors. She flew immediately from the US to be with anna, but her calls, her visits were all intercepted by Howard.

It's just a sad story, and the one who now has to suffer is this poor baby. Call Anna what you want, but she was a mother and I know she loved her children.

I think she was a sad & lonely person who was taken advantage off. She obviously had an addictive personality and was addicted to drugs. A person who truly loved her would have gotten her help, NOT cut her off from her friends, family and give her drugs.

I tell you, seeing Anna's life makes me appreiciate mine, my marriage, my family, my friends, and my children. I don't have the huge house, the fancy cars, clothes, etc, but what I have is priceless, Happiness - true Happiness!

And a truly sad twist will be if Howard Stern really did have something to do with her death. The one constant in her life that she relied on.

I know that people with a drug problem can become totally reliant on their supplier and will take almost any abuse the supplier dishes out just so they have a ready supply of their drug of choice.

We have a friend whose husband beat her, threw her out of a second story window, cursed her and slapped her in front of their children and she always kept him in her life. No one understood until he got sent to prison for 40 years for drug trafficking. In no time, she found a guy to fill her husband's shoes and the same behavior began all over again. I think her drug of choice is methamphetimines according to her physical appearance.

I do feel that Howard exhibited many classic examples of abusive behavior, short of actually beating her. That may have come next, who knows? Keeping people from their family and friends, that's the #1 sign of abusive behavior starting. Even if Anna had some issue with her mom, Howard should have encouraged her to work it out and reconcile instead of attempting to cut her off completely from her mom and encouraging her to do drugs. When you love someone, you want them to have all the love in the world from their friends and family, and are happy and pleased when they speak with their family.

I am thinking of a clip I saw of Anna, where she said something to the effect of "everyone in my life has stabbed me in the back. Everyone has tried to sue me for money. I have no one I can trust". While I'm sure this is true in the case of some people in her life, I find it difficult to believe that everyone acted in a such a manner. I never heard of an attempt by her mother to sue her, for example. Remember that the main lawsuit she was facing in earlier years was brought on by her suing for Howard Marshall's money. To me, it sounds like Howard K Stern could have been feeding her those lines and she was spitting them right back out. That is also classic abusive behavior: "there's no one you can trust but me. Everyone else is a backstabber." Ah! But look who the real backstabber might be!

On Larry King, that attorney of hers says that he and Howard K Stern are the executors of Anna's will. How convenient! For all we know, that lawyer could be in on the whole thing. Kill off Daniel and Anna and then steal her entire estate! Howard K Stern could do anything he wanted with that will! there's no system of checks and balances if he's the executor.

I rememeber her mom saying on Larry King before she died "If Anna winds up dead, who gets her money?" and "I warned her she could be next." This is BEFORE she died!

The whole things seems very very suspicious.

Sunta: I agree that Stern should be held accountable. But a lot of women I know have been hurt terribly by an abusive PARENT or sibling. When they find someone to protect them, the protector wants to spare the hurt one from any further pain. They try to shield them from phone calls and other contact because they see the pain and have to deal with the aftermath of one of those phone calls.

One of my sisters could reduce me to rubble with a phone call like that. My husband wanted to protect me because he loved me. He would run interference by intercepting a phone call for which I was always grateful.

I admit I didn't see the Larry King show, but I have vowed to myself to not jump to any conclusions. The only information we have now is what the media has chosen to give us. Many times we learn that the truth is something quite different from how it is portrayed initially. We probably all agree that an in-depth investigation is in order.