Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Approved help please with question.

Well i got approved with some extra documentation. i ducked out of here because i had gone on the 2 shake diet, lost 14 lbs and then they told me I was going to have to do weight watchers for 6 months. So I compleatly wigged out because the surgery planner told me to just maintain that weight for six months. They said if; lost too much more, i wouldn't be covered. I have to be over 40 Bmi even with all my medical problems. I have never been a weight I needed to maintain...so no surprise, I now have 10 lbs to Lose again. Once my doc faxed over the proof of weigh once a month at his office, they approved it. Sooooo my pre-op class is Friday at 8 am. They are calling me back to schedule a surgery date. It could be this month, I will have to waiting and see....but I am approved. I am mad at myself for the weight gain...now I am back to shakes starting tonight since I already ate lunch. I am feeling very nervous now. I am worried I won't lose it in time...I am going to have to be close by Friday.....how am I going to lose 10 lbs by Friday? Any suggestions? I know it is my fault for reacting in this way and I know it is my responsibility to lose this weightl but I am seriouse about this...please help it you can.

Don't stress about it!!! I stressed the same way you are. You are approved and so just keep doing your liquid diet if its what the surgeon requires from you. If your just doing it to lose the 10 pounds and the surgeon didn't tell you to then don't do the liquid but eat sensible until you have to do one. I worried myself sick over this and once I was approved after my 6 months of weigh in my weigh ins really didn't effect anything. Now if you were to gain 20 pounds or so before surgery the surgeon might not think your ready yet and cancel till you are but don't stress you've got this now!!! Getting approved is the biggest hurdle

Thanks for they encouragement. He did tell me to be at a certain weight. So I actually have to get this off... I am trying to think up some exercises that I can do. I have lupus so I am not very moble. Not excuses though, I have to find something. You are right waiting for approval is horible. Thank you for the reply

Ok so your pre op is Friday you have time. If you have to lose 10 pounds its before surgery so you really have probably 2 weeks which you can do on the pre op liquid diet

No...I have to have it off or be close by Friday....but I know exercise and shakes will do it.....I am just trying to think of what to do since I am not able to walk right now. Thanks for they reply....I think I will go looking Online but if anyone knows of a good site for people who are disabled....that would be great .

Kat

Look up the ms society or foundation. They have a program where you can go to a gentle yoga class for free. You will just have to find a studio that has the class. I have RA and it really helped. It helps with mobility and strength. If your doctor gives you grief about not losing the weight talk about your lupus. Don't use it as a crutch, but losing the weight will greatly improve your mobility. If you have any questions let me know.

Do your best! No one can ever do more than that. Don't make this stress you so much it makes you eat or keep you from losing. You can do it! Good Luck!! :)

thank you both very much. Music, that is a great idea. i am going to look into that right now. I am a little less stressed today because i know i can show her "my fitness pal" that will at least show her how i did lose all that weight, and like you said, i will talk to her about lupus and mobility issues. Thank you all for helping me over the bump in the road.

Kay

Also remember the more you stress yourself out the more likely to have a lupus flare up. Stay calm and everything will work out.

What state are you in?

im in california, how about you? do you have My Fitness Pal?

I am in Texas. Yes I am on Mfp - my user name is scastillo1124