Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded in Dallas????

I have a friend who lives in Dallas and is considering getting Banded. Anyone who got banded in Dallas what Surgeon did you use and how much did they charge? Also what types of questions did you ask your insurance company?

Thank You!!

Hi, I had mine in Dallas. I used Dr Cribbins and loved him. I went with him because I had several co-workers who used him or his partner. I don't know the cost, but the office did all the work for me and got me approved in no time. I have surgery 5 weeks to the day after my innitial consultation. His website is www.yournewhealth.net. I also have a link on my website below.

I was banded by Dr Jayaseelan in Dallas at Medical City in November of 2005. He is great! Dr Jay is voted as one of the top docs in Dallas in D Magazine. A couple of people in his office have been banded and they were helpful.

I have Medicare and my end was $2000. I was approved right away but requested a date 30 days later. I wanted to eat a bunch of last meals! :)

Here is a link to Dr Jay's site: http://www.texaslapbandcenter.com/index.htm

I had mine done in Dallas by Dr. Wade Barker. I went through a Lap Band for less program and did not meet him but just a few min before surgery. I have done great. Only had one pain pill after surgery and it was partly do to my bad shoulder.

I was self pay and with the stress test, blood work, chest xray and surgery it was $12500.00. They said that was the out of state price.

Rene'

I also had Dr. Jay, 4/06. I think he did a good job on surgery but do not recommend him for fills. His nurse who helped do them left to go to med school and he is not planning on replacing. This means you have to wait 2 hours to get a fill...I have done it twice, actually one was an unfill. So I would not do Dr. Jayseelan for fills or might go with someone else entirely. I feel like he just herds us in for money and does not really care.

I used Dr. Richard Carter in Arlington TX (Dallas) at the USMD Hospital. Excellent guy I felt comfortable with him and his staff. And they took good care of me. Any questions or concerns I had it was answered with patiences.

the Surgery Center of Richardson offers regular free seminars - and I haven't heard a bad thing about any doc that works from there.

I love Dr. Fox - and there are several other docs that use the center.

http://www.surgerycenterofrichardson.com/

You can sign up for a seminar with any doc that interests you.

They give the basic info, talk about pricing, etc.

Good Luck!

My mom is a recovery room nurse at The Surgery Center of Richardson! It's a nice place.

I was banded by Dr Jayaseelan in Dallas. According to my mom his surgery methods are the best. But for fills I go to The Surgery Center of Richardson because my mom works there. Dr Jay does a great job securing the band in place during the initial surgery. He's a nice guy but is REALLY busy because lap-bands are so popular.

Dr. Benavedies in Richardson, and the surgery was performed at the Surgery Center of Richardson. I had a great experience! Everyone was so friendly and helpful at the Dr office and the surgery center. My insurance covered most everything. They are set up where a testing center performs all the pre-op testing, and then a different group assists getting the insurance approved or any information necessary. After approval, you make the first appointment with the Dr, and begin the pre op diet. Compared to others, mine was realtively easy. 2 healthy meal and Protein Shakes. Then a Pre op consultaion with the Dr, and surgery. Now it sounds easy, but I thought it would never get here. Total of 2 months, 1 month of that is for the insurance approval from United Healthcare, and probably a delay since it was submitted right before the holidays. Following is the link to thier website.

http://www.lapbandsolutions.com/