Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can drink 8-12ounces of Protein in about 20 minutes without a problem! I'm only 5 days post op. I have no trouble getting Water down at all, I have 3-4 16.9 ounce bottles off water a day. I'm starting worry! I feel like I shouldn't be able to consume as much as I do. I'm still not sure if I'm getting enough protein, since my NUT is out of the country for a few weeks.

CP....for me it was 1oz every 10 min-you are drinking it awful Fast. Might want to check with your nutritionist.

I am four weeks out today. And I am still depending on the shakes for my Protein. I think i get from 75 to 100 grams in a day. I usually drink three or four a day. I also have found the Unjury cheese protein makes a great little mashed potato lunch. I make a couple ounces of mashed pot with skim milk, add the unjury cheese about 1/2 scoop a whole scoop is just too cheesey, and that is a great lunch.

I can't say enough good things about the unjury products, that and the Nectars from synthrax. I tried Jay Robb and it says it is supposed to taste the best, but I had my Husband take an unopened chocolate and an opened vanilla back to Kroger yesterday and they gave me a full refund. I am just gojng to stick to the ones I know that work. Just ordered unjury. Hope it comes fast.

I can drink 8-12ounces of Protein in about 20 minutes without a problem! I'm only 5 days post op. I have no trouble getting Water down at all' date=' I have 3-4 16.9 ounce bottles off Water a day. I'm starting worry! I feel like I shouldn't be able to consume as much as I do. I'm still not sure if I'm getting enough Protein, since my NUT is out of the country for a few weeks.[/quote']

Hey, I am right there with you! I am now 13 days post op but have been doing the se since day 3!

Teresa

Snow25 im having the same problem' date=' the pre made ones im having trouble with so going to powder, i hope it's better, Pryor to surgery i was adding a greek yogurt w/ fruit and blend it, i would love go add yogurt again!![/quote']

I've added Protein powder to Greek yogurt with a teaspoon of sugar free strawberry preserves. You cannot taste the powder. I add a little bit to everything that I eat. Slowly, but surely... Coming along. I looked at my discharge papers again. My doc wants me to be getting at least 24 g of Protein in these first 2 weeks post op. now that is waaaay more attainable. I'm having no problems meeting that quota and will increase it gradually.

I am four weeks out today. And I am still depending on the shakes for my Protein. I think i get from 75 to 100 grams in a day. I usually drink three or four a day. I also have found the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury cheese Protein makes a great little mashed potato lunch. I make a couple ounces of mashed pot with skim milk' date=' add the Unjury cheese about 1/2 scoop a whole scoop is just too cheesey, and that is a great lunch.

I can't say enough good things about the unjury products, that and the Nectars from synthrax. I tried Jay Robb and it says it is supposed to taste the best, but I had my Husband take an unopened chocolate and an opened vanilla back to Kroger yesterday and they gave me a full refund. I am just gojng to stick to the ones I know that work. Just ordered unjury. Hope it comes fast.[/quote']

I am really liking the unjury. I ordered the cheese, but have only added a sprinkle to eggs or Beans. What else besides mashed potatoes do you put it on? When did you start eating potatoes? I am jonsing for an avocado. Worried because they are higher in fat. Guess ill wait to ask the surgeon on Friday at follow up appointment.

My doctor said 60-90 grams of Protein a day

But I try to get 100 grams of Protein

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Sounds like you guys are newbies

I can drink 11 oz premier Protein it takes me about 15 minutes to drink it

I'm almost 5 months out

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalkk

At my last appt. The nutritionist was looking over my food journal and I was getting around 85 g Protein and around 800 calories..she told me to drop my protein down some...she recommends 65g....i wish I would have asked more questions..she did say you can get too much protien but for the life of me I can't remember what she said too much can do....today when I looked at my totals I had 112g protien and about 1000 cal...wow I've never had that much...i should have skipped the Protein Bar I had for a snack (20g)...

I am really liking the Unjury. I ordered the cheese, but have only added a sprinkle to eggs or Beans. What else besides mashed potatoes do you put it on? When did you start eating potatoes? I am jonsing for an avocado. Worried because they are higher in fat. Guess ill wait to ask the surgeon on Friday at follow up appointment.

they actually gave me one ounce of potatoes two days after surgery while still in the hospital, go figure., but i didn't do it here at home till about two weeks when on the pureed stage. and that is the only thing i have put the cheese in. I had refried beans for the first time last night with some cheddar cheese and fat free sour cream and it tasted awesome. I probably could have used the cheese Protein in that, might do that today. tomorrow I can go to soft, but i don't know what in the world the differences are when you chew to mush anyway. i am pretty scared to try very many things,

Vicki,

I definitely understand the fear when eating thing. I do not want to DUMP! I hate feeling nausea and every new thing I try I eat a few small bites, wait to see how my body reacts, and then try some more.

Question for all....

I am tolerating small amounts of all sorts of food. I have only been following each of the post op phases for 1 week, instead of 2. I wondering if there is harm in eating a variety of foods, instead of the prescribed liquid, puréed, soft phase etc.? I still eat tiny amounts, very slowly. I don't want to mess up the process, but I was craving something to chew. I am now 16 days post op. I have had eggs, Beans, cheese, cottage cheese, natural applesauce, cashews (today), even a couple of turkey pepperoni, hummus, avocados... So far (fingers crossed) everything is tolerated. Do you think it's okay to move ahead with food? Anybody else eating regular foods already?

I was eating food items a little sooner than I was suppose to. Wasn't having any problems. Only food that bothered me was cottage cheese and I don't know why...milk hasn't been a problem for me at all. So far, only that one bad experience. Caused dumping for me, was miserable all night and part of the next day. Won't be trying that again for a while. Instead of using bread i'll take a small piece of meat and use a small piece of lettuce and wrap is like a lettuce wrap. I am only careful with watching my carbs. Now that I know it doesn't take much to raise my glucose I need to be really mindful of what I'm eating. Love my Protein shakes! Weird but I crave them.....

Metabolic Rate Changes

A diet change to include higher Protein intake can also affect your metabolic rate. The reason behind this phenomenon lies in the chemistry behind Protein metabolism. The process requires more Water, which can, in turn, lead to dehydration. Protein breakdown also increases the demand for oxygen. When you exercise vigorously, your body turns to carbs for energy because it is more efficient. The process requires oxygen. Excess protein consumption can deprive the body of the oxygen it needs to fuel activity, further impacting your athletic performance.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/444869-what-are-risks-with-excessive-protein-intake/#ixzz2H3ZL0zew