Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you!

Guest Kelli815

Guest Kelli815

Thanks for all the advice. I see a lot of you did self pay...I was just wondering if you took out a loan? I'm sure some of you have saved, but that unfortunately wouldn't be me. After reading the forum I'm really considering going to Mexico...it seems that most of you have had a really good experience. Of course, my husband is a little uncertain about that, but he hasn't seen the forum either. Thanks again everyone and I just want to say that this is a great site!

I was fortunate enough to have 7000.00 of the 8995.00 but I did use the financing that my doctor offers...it is through Capital one so I did finance 2000.00 of my surgery. My paymeny is 120.00 for 18 months. I was suprised to know that a Dr. in Mexico offered financing here in the states ..

Good Luck to you Kelli

I'm getting banded next week and am using part of my home equity loan. My new kitchen cabinets are supposed to arrive a couple of days after I return; I've started to think of the band as a different kind of much-needed remodeling project.

I was quoted a price of $11,000, and I have to make a wire transfer or get a cashier's check. Some docs (in Mexico and elsewhere) offer payment plans, but the interest rate is much higher than my bank's.

If you own your home and don't mind mortgaging, this option may be worth a try.

Good luck to you.

Zoe

Originally posted by Zoe

I've started to think of the band as a different kind of much-needed remodeling project.

Zoe

What a great anology!:)

I wasn't self-pay but I was totally prepared to use a home-equity loan if necessary. Almost 10 years ago my husband and I opened a home-equity line of credit to pay for our wedding, and if I could rationalize that $15,000 I could certainly see that getting banded was worth AT LEAST that much to me.

If you have equity in your home a line of credit is a painless way to go. The interest is tax-deductible and it's the best kind of debt to have.

I was self pay

My surgery cost was $11,500.00

Fortunately, I was able to pay cash (for all) except for $5,000.00 which I did 12 month's same as cash. I had the entire amount, but just didn't want to hit the savings account that hard.

Good luck to you. It's definately worth getting a low interest loan, or home equity line of credit or any other financial means for something that will change your life for the better :)