Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soo frustrated

Last week I was at the surgeons office (12/13) and I had lost 6 pounds of the 19 they want me to lose. The cardiologist gave me a prescription for Phentermine to help lose the remaining 13. I started taking the pills last Friday. Today I had my nurse education appointment. I've been eating less with the pills, so I was expecting to see a pound or two loss, or at least the same as I was last Thursday. But when they weighed me I was back up to exactly the same amount I started at! No way I gained back 6 pounds in one week. I am so frustrated. And scared that if I can't lose the 19 pounds he won't do the surgery. UGH!!

Last week I was at the surgeons office (12/13) and I had lost 6 pounds of the 19 they want me to lose. The cardiologist gave me a prescription for Phentermine to help lose the remaining 13. I started taking the pills last Friday. Today I had my nurse education appointment. I've been eating less with the pills' date=' so I was expecting to see a pound or two loss, or at least the same as I was last Thursday. But when they weighed me I was back up to exactly the same amount I started at! No way I gained back 6 pounds in one week. I am so frustrated. And scared that if I can't lose the 19 pounds he won't do the surgery. UGH!![/quote']

That sucks! Your keeping a food log? Exercising?

Try adding a Protein Shake in the place of a meal. It will help you get used to drinking them and will be less calories going in. Also I agree with mami.. You need go get an app like my fitness pal where you can track everything that goes in your mouth. You got this!!!

Thanks. I have My Fitness Pal but haven't really used it other than the first day or two. It tells me my daily calorie intake should be over 2500 which I know isn't right, and I can't figure out how to change it or exactly what it SHOULD be. Exercising not so much mainly because of time and my left knee. I'm going to try to get back to the gym, just not sure how much I'll be able to do.

I know how frustrating it can be !!!! If you keep track of your calories etc. and exercise you will loose for sure !! Its hard but you can do it. You could have Water gain and maybe before you go for a weight in... don't eat or drink and make sure you go to the bathroom #1 and # 2 because that could be like up to 6-7 lbs. !!!!

Wow that much??

So how many calories on average should I be getting? I know what I should be doing post op like the back of my hand, but unable no idea what I should be doing now!!

I would see what your doctor wants you to do... in most cases the doctor has a diet for you to follow.

Yeah, they're no help here. The program I'm in is great, but they tell me to see the nutritionist. And I can't because my insurance doesn't cover the nutritionist. Grr.

Seeing the nutritionist is KEY! Insurance be damned. Cut something else from your budget. Seeing the nutritionist is a must and is REQUIRED in my program.

I did see them a few times so far but after surgery I won't be able to.

All I can say is make it happen. Cut your budget elsewhere. Any good program requires RD and or NP follow up after surgery. You've made this huge step forward in changing your life, don't go halfway.

food logs are such a powerful tool. Yes, they are tedious at first but the longer you use it, the easier it gets because you build up your own personal "food database". More importantly, they allow you to see exactly where you are at at any time of the day. Very highly recommended. You'll lose more weight and lose it faster if you log your food.< /p>

You don't need a gym to get some exercise - walk! Around the block, around the neighborhood, in a park near your home, in a mall, anywhere you can think of - walking is walking and you'll be amazed how much it helps with your weight loss.

Reduce your calories to 1800-2000 a day and be sure to get as close to 64oz of Water a day as you can and you will lose weight! Now's a great time to start increasing your Protein intake as well. chicken, fish, turkey all great sources of Protein (along with the shake for breakfast). Doctors vary all over the place on their recommendations for protein but your post-op diet likely calls for at least 60g a day and my surgeon requires 100g. You'll be able to see where you're at in your food log.

You're gonna love the new you!!

Thanks! That was a big help! I've been using My Fitness Pal for logging everything, I just recently started using it more. It does help.

Thanks! That was a big help! I've been using My Fitness Pal for logging everything' date=' I just recently started using it more. It does help.[/quote']

I'm pre op too with a fatty liver. My liver has shrunk with the 33lb Weightloss so far, but still like 3 times the size it should be. I have my surgeon appt Monday and am doing everything in my power to loose whatever else I can before that damn appt. I am on MFP as mommywifeandfat find me. I have a lot of friends on there from these boards and it really helps!!! Tomorrow I think I will do a full day of all liquid. Oy!!