Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost 8 weeks out and down 48 pounds

So it's been 8 weeks since my official surgery date but I still have another 4 days to go from my official weight in date at home so that's the date I am going with as my start date, LOL. Hopefully I can get 2 more pounds off in these next 4 days and I can hit the 50 pounds lost mark at 8 weeks. I am so happy. Especially with these last 2 weeks. My weight loss has been really consistant and it has made me feel more confident in my decision to have this surgery. The first month and a half I still wasn't sure if I made the right decission thinking I was gonna be the one who didn't lose weight, like everyone else thinks, but now that the weight is starting to come off quicker it gives me hope that with time and dedication it WILL all come off. Thank you to everyone on here who has helped me with all my questions and who have been so supportive. I appreciate everyone of you and will need you to lean on again I am sure. :) I haven't taken another picture but I will soon and I will post it. :P

That is wonderful news. Keep up the good work. And always come here for support and to give some of the knowledge you have learned along the way. so very happy for you.

Awesome.... you are doing fantastic keep up the great work.

I am 7 weeks out and feel my weight loss is going slow. I am so scared because the first 3 months is suppose to be the ultimate time for weight loss and read that it isnt unusual to lose 20+ pounds a month during that time.

That is wonderful news. Keep up the good work. And always come here for support and to give some of the knowledge you have learned along the way. so very happy for you.

Thank you and I always like to pass on any new info I come accross :)

Awesome.... you are doing fantastic keep up the great work.

Thank you so much I appreciate the comment

I am 7 weeks out and feel my weight loss is going slow. I am so scared because the first 3 months is suppose to be the ultimate time for weight loss and read that it isnt unusual to lose 20+ pounds a month during that time.

I felt the same way and I was very discouraged. Just really pay attention to your Protein. I started drinking at least 1 Protein shake a day which has 30 g of Protein in it and I feel like that has been what has helped me with the consistancy of the weight loss these last 2 weeks. I don't know if it is but from the beginning I have been able to tell more weight loss with more protein. Just hang in there. It takes time for your body to adjust and not eveyone is the same. People told me that too and I was like yeah yeah whatever but it is true. Are you getting in all your protein and Water?

just the past few days i have been able to get more in. about 50-80 grams of Protein and about 30-40 ounces of Fluid

just the past few days i have been able to get more in. about 50-80 grams of Protein and about 30-40 ounces of Fluid

Again just give it time. You have to be consistant with the Protein intake. I was doing that too and I think that is why my weight loss would fluctuate so much. Plus remember everybody's body is different and needs more or less time for others to recover and catch up to the new way to live. You can do it. Believe me I was giving up faith real fast and the weight loss came in just enough time to pick me back up. Hang in there tight. It will all come soon I promise!

PS. It will take time to get all your protein in and Water so don't rush that too much. Do what you can do and it will come eventually. I came to terms that I wasn't going to be able to get all my protein in if I didn't do at least one shake a day so that has been what I have been doing even though I hate them and they taste gross. I have to get pass that and just get them down till I can find one I can tolorate better. I drink the premeire protein from costco. It has 30g of protein in 1 drink. Its worth the gross taste now but it def wasn't in the beginning, LOL.

Good luck my friend. I am here anytime you need to talk. :rolleyes:

I'm 10 months out and still start my day with a Protein shake.. Yes they still taste like crap. Finally found the strawberry at Walmart that doesnt just gross me out with the sweetness of it. Glad you are doing so well. Keep up the great work!!!

I'm 10 months out and still start my day with a Protein shake.. Yes they still taste like crap. Finally found the strawberry at Walmart that doesnt just gross me out with the sweetness of it. Glad you are doing so well. Keep up the great work!!!

What brand do you use from Walmart? I have always been a chocolate girl but maybe I should branch out to vanilla or strawberry. Maybe I can find one that tastes better. Do you add Water or milk?

I bought last week the premier shakes and bars from Sam's. I really haven't done the bars because they taste aweful. but the vanilla shakes are ok.

theby... glad to hear the weight started to come off and congrats! I am 4 weeks today and hoovering around 21 pounds. I am getting in around 60 grams of Protein consistently so hopefully it will come off. PMS doesn't help right now either. At least I have not gained!! And yes, I can't do it with out the morning shake. I use Matrix chocoalte truffle. Pretty good. The premade shake make me gag.

I bought last week the premier shakes and bars from Sam's. I really haven't done the bars because they taste aweful. but the vanilla shakes are ok.

Yeah I didn't enjoy the bars from costco either. The chocolate shake is do able and the vanilla is ok but I don't think I could drink the vanilla everyday. I am not really a fan of any of that to be honest though, LOL. I am super picky! ;)

Thank you Heather. Sounds like you are doing well yourself. Just keep it up and always shoot for the Protein and Water. You body will eventually adj and the weight will start to come off faster. You are right PMS def doesn't help either, LOL. It's nice to go through it and not gain though I have to admit. It was weird for me to go through Thanksgiving and not gain too. I am so use to failing the diet during the holidays. It was nice though. I have heard about Matrix. I still have a whole bunch of different one's to try. It's hard cause so many people have different opinions about what shake tastes good but I guess it's up to your taste buds hahaha. I will still keep trying them though as people tell me about them. Keep up the good work