Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Full liquids with protein?

Hey everyone, I am one week post op and still in the full liquid phase. My weight is kinda creeping off and I think its bc what I'm eating isn't all that high in Protein (tomato Soup, Jello, pudding, etc.). I do drink a protein meal drink for Breakfast but that's all my surgeon wants me to drink as far as Protein shakes go...I'm looking for ANY suggestions on full liquid options with more protein...

post-29027-13813810891174_thumb.png

[ATTACH]1925[/ATTACH]

I started losing weight faster when I increased Protein intake.

I'm in the same boat. :-( having a hard time getting everything in. I can't stand the Protein Drinks I've tried. I've got more samples on the way though. Can't wait until the soft food stage. It will be easier to get more Protein in.

Wait. I just read your surgeon wants you to drink ONLY one Protein Shake? ? I get if they want you to drink only one when you start eating but until then it's going to make getting all that Protein in very difficult... I guess you could get unflavored and put it in your Soup. Some companies make a chicken flavored Protein Powder as well.

Yes, only one!!! I'm going NUTS!! When did you have surgery TX? Have you had trouble with weight loss on full liquids? All together including the 10 liquid only diet prior to surgery I've lost 15, but 11 of that was the post op liquid diet.< /p>

I had surgery on 12/10, so I'm one week post op too! I have lost exactly 10 lbs from the morning I weighed in at the hospital the day of surgery. If I'm reading your post correctly, you've lost 11 lbs in one week, is that correct? If so, your weight is not creeping off! That's excellent!! :)

Shoot I'm still trying to get my terminology straight. No, I lost 11 pounds PRE-op bc my surgeon has his patients do ten days of liquid only prior to surgery.

I'm just starting to wonder why I can't seem to get a good momentum going like you Miss 10 pounds in a week!! I think we should be online weight loss buddies!! I'm so glad I found this app...I don't know anyone else that's had surgery so its been kinda lonely with all these questions and emotions without having someone to talk to that actually understands what I'm feeling.

Oh okay I'm sorry I misunderstood, I got it now. Well, like bakawaka stated about the Protein, that is the key to losing the weight! If you cannot drink more than one Protein shake, then get some unflavored Protein Powder and add it in to yogurt and soups! If you aren't getting enough Protein, that would explain why you can't get a momentum going.

Yeah I'm with you, let's be online buddies! I don't have anyone in real life that has been through this surgery either. There are definitely a lot of questions and emotions that we encounter that only those of us who have gone through it can fully understand! I'm glad we found this app, too. It's been extremely helpful.

Does your surgeon offer any support groups? That might help for in person if you needed it.