Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can anyone tell me how many carbs, calories, and sugar we are suppose to be taking in?

My dr recommends less than 50 carbs/day

Less than 10 g of sugar per serving

No caloric recommendation. He says he is more concerned w/ carbs than calories. I'm generally 800-1000 per day I think.

Not to sound mean but how can anyone go through this and not know what you should and should not do post op, i just don't understand. Ask your NUT or your doctor what they want you to do. It seems like some places want to get you in for the surgery (money) and lack on the follow up care especially long term

Not to sound mean but how can anyone go through this and not know what you should and should not do post op' date=' i just don't understand. Ask your NUT or your doctor what they want you to do. It seems like some places want to get you in for the surgery (money) and lack on the follow up care especially long term[/quote']

What you'll find as you research is a lot of different opinions. For example, my doc recommends sugar grams stay less than 8g/serving. Calories are a non-issue, and carbs should stay less than 10/serving. That said, some may find they can have more sugar but something with 10g of carbs makes them feel sluggish. Let's talk about what works best for us and maybe not attack or be so aggressive right up front.

Do not sound mean at all and your right. During all this I met with nutritionist and dietician. Dietician gave me this paper that is suppose to be my "Bible" throughout this. But there is no mention in this papers about how much to take in. It is more so about what to eat and when to eat and what Vitamins to take. I guess my fault for not asking more questions over the thousand I asked about surgical procedures.

Thank you Mrs D for all the information I appreciate your help!

I think (for me anyway) the big concern was Protein protein protein...and Vitamins and fluids...that the sugar and carbs got just skimmed over..I vaguely remember going over them..

I'm glad on offence was taken because certainly none was intended. I just think sometime they care more about getting you in to surgery and forget about the after care. It seems the further out you get the less help there is. Which is why this site is such a valuable place to know.

so glad I found it.