Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's be friends, I need your HELP!

Look foward to us encouraging each other...

My surgery is 12/29 and I have to be honest... I find it terrifying to think its even possible to go back to soda and Cookies so soon after surgery. Don't the bubbles hurt? I'm looking for friends on here that eat Protein first, look for natural, not packaged Snacks likes fruits and veggies, and who's new obsession is exercise instead of food.

To be honest this is not who I am today, but it's who I want to be. I look at surgery as a restart. Reprogramming. Swilkons, can I ask what was your background before surgery? Had you done the research and really understood what changes were coming? I too am kinda a loner, which is why I started looking for a support group like this. My hobby is food, but I'm trying to find new things to take my time and I already gave up my diet cokes (and cigs, god help me lol) 2 weeks ago.

I want to be successful and no matter how much I might want "normal" food after surgery I'm hoping all my journaling about why this surgery is important to me, what foods I like that are good to me, what losing weight means to me, how my life will change- and the memory of the pain from surgery lol will keep me from going back to my bad habits. I watch success stories on YouTube daily to remind me of what I'm working to- maybe keeping a personal journal or looking for inspirational stories from others will help you focus too? The videos are really powerful- a pictures worth a thousand words.

I believe strongly that it is up to you. You will fal off now and then, but let that happen in a year... 18 months down the road... And the very next meal get back on the horse. Take pics monthly... Get ready to make your own video :)

Oh btw my exercise is 20 min of movement per hour after work, which means for 40 mins I can hang out, sit on my ass all I want, then the last 20 mins of each hour I walk- even if it's just around my coffee table while I watch tv... I have a super skinny friend who is a pacer, he can't sit still... I figure there's some correlation there. And my backup plan if I really want to cheat will be to nap... I read a study that said even sleeping is better than snacking lol

I hope you continue to better in the future! Treating off-limit foods as a severe allergy seems like a good idea. Though I never have been a drinker or soda, nor do I add sugar to any drinks, I do have foods that are enemies.

Hi! My surgery is not until February 25th unless they have a cancellation, but I am reading the post-op pages to try to avoid some of the pitfalls. I had a lap-band installed about 4-years-ago and became fat and bullemic. My problem persisted because I ended up on SSD with Medicare as my main insurance with a BC/BS Medigap back-up and my bariatic place did not take Medicare.

It has been a nightmare for me and my family. They now take Medicare and I am scheduled for band removal, followed by a RNY. It turned out that my band slipped immediately and it made it so the opening was much smaller and easily clogged, So, when I was finally able to eat something, I was ravenous and stayed about the same weight.

Also, I had a hip replaced almost 2 years ago and the rod that goes into the femur needed my bone to grow around it, to tighten it and it never happened. the surgery was scheduled for 10/24 by a tandem team of ortho surgeons, but got cancelled just before surgery due to the risk of doing it in a smaller hospital. I guess this a a tricky revision surgery and I will have this following the RNY when I am able. This is going to greatly limit what I will be able to do for exercise, as the recovery period is quite long.

I am happy to see that you are doing quite well and I am hoping, after reading some of the posts, that those wwho have problems post more than those that are doing fine. I know quite a few who have had this done in the past with mixed results and I guess knowing how to follow instructions is key to success in this and most any surgeries.

Good luck to you!

Omg, are tring to kill your self? I am so sock! I hope you get better soon. I would not want to hear about get sick. Ps some food will make your inside turn and twise up.... walk will help you stess, also lites wieght lifting.

Did do all this to fell, i care.

I had my surgery 8/12, I'm down 52lbs. I have done great so far with my weight loss however, I am beginning to pick up old habits. I drink soda everyday, started eating Cookies, and my solution after a stressful day of work is to have a cocktail. I'm pretty much a loner, so its easy to come home and find comfort in these things. :(

Honestly' date=' you give yourself a bad name with your ugly attitude. Stay off my thread.[/quote']

I thought you gave yourself a bad name by asking for support when you are the.one cramming Cookies and soda. Her post was harsh, but she is right. Soda is off limits forever . We are told this. We agree to this. I applaud her for telling you the way your nutritionist or surgeon would. It is harsh, but the reality of our situation is harsh. We are all obese for a reason and it is true that the surgery will fail if you continue down that road. What did you want us to say? Oh its okay you are eating the junk? I am here to support you in anyway I can but only you can throw out that crap and not eat it again.

Thx darling.....

Thx Newman...

I had my surgery 8/12' date=' I'm down 52lbs. I have done great so far with my weight loss however, I am beginning to pick up old habits. I drink soda everyday, started eating Cookies, and my solution after a stressful day of work is to have a cocktail. I'm pretty much a loner, so its easy to come home and find comfort in these things. :(

[/quote']

I gonna give it to u rough.. why do a surgery to shrink ur stomach with a complication of death...just to enlarge it again and be big once more.

I start everyday saying today "Today will be a better day both emotionally and physically." It reminds me I am fighting everyday to succeed. My surgery was 11/26 and I don't have it all together...yet, but today I can try to do more. More fluids, more Vitamins, more protien, more energy, more exercise....I can't do it all today maybe, but I can try to improve something I struggle with each day. Then maybe it will get easier overall. I got on ObesityHelp.com too. They have a food journal app I am using to keep track of food and fluids and protien right now. It also has a fitness/exercise journal and they let you set goals with other people and announce when you have achieved them. Have you written down your short term and long term goals? I don't mean "I want to be skinny." I mean like I want to be a size X by X # of months. I want to walk everyday for a week. I want to be less than 200 lbs. Long term and short term goals can give you a better feeling of success to keep you on the right path. I hope this helps. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Wow....people...people...take a deep breathe. I think the reason swilkins is here because she knows she is making bad choices. She needs support not slapping. Here is a place where we can go to confession. And be loved and lifted up, not beaten up like we were in our past lives. We were heavy for many reasons. But yes, one soda every day, 150 cal every day, 365 days a year adds up to over 45,000 extra cal per year which blossoms to over 15 extra lbs per year alone.(approx weight gain...the actual numbers are higher...don't slap me cause I am sitting in the dark with no calculator.)

If we get to 150 lbs...this is 10 percent body gain per year. Ouch....

Every time you want a soda come here. We all walk with you....and add no calories...lol

I'm gonna add one thing to this thread and then could really careless if I see anything again. I have been on these boards for awhile. Anyone who sees kaylees posts and actually reads them knows she is a no nonsense young woman who is passionate about wls. I think the original poster should have taken all the criticism and suggestions and used them to make better decisions. Lets face it we are all here for a reason and to be frank... We are all or were fat! Stay on the program and work the tool!!! Good luck to you on your journey but to those bashing kaylee aren't you really acting shamefully like you accuse her of doing?

Swilkins, I am having trouble figuring this sight out, but I have a few questions.

I'm Day 3 ppost-op and on Day 2, the gas was pretty much gone. Now today, I have a lot of

bloating and gas, and am very uncomfortable. Help!! I can't even eat and can barely drink because I'm

so bloated.

Ladies, thanks sooo much for your advise. I needed to hear it all. I really want this I just got comfortable with old habits. I'm not usually a confrontational person, I guess the truth hurts. But for real coming from some I don't know made me defensive. All is well today I spent some good time in the gym, got my Protein in and I look forward to a even better day tomorrow. Thanks again for all the support.