Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I Alone Here

Yup, the holiday weekend is sure coming quick! The traffic can be a nuisance, but I just wish dogs could go on the beach some times during the season.

We have a German Shepherd, who loves the beach, and when I go to the beach, I always feel guilty having to leave her alone.

Where do you stay when you come down to the beach?

Have a great weekend, and enjoy the sun and sand!

Lee

Hmmm, we have to recruit some downstaters so Lee will have some company too!

Hi Stacey!

Thanks for thinking of me, I get lonely down here!

Hi Melissa!

I know where the Pots Nets places are. The only thing with Long Neck, is one way in, and one way out! Traffic gets horrible!

I am a paramedic with the county, and over the years, have spent quite a bit of time in Pot Nets!

Have fun!

Oh, I know... my family had a place in Indian Landing for 25 years... they sold it about 6 years ago...and the traffic was bad then... I'm sure it has gotten worse.

Hi I was banded four days after you in Utah. Started out fast a furious and the hite the wall. I had a goal of 215 for my first year got there and had a major panic:eek: attack gained 9lb and this 2nd year have just been battling:tired those nine. I did lose a lb this month:clap2: my band is at 1.7 right now so will see how that goes. I feel so old in bandster land all these little newbies I remember when. lol even thou I'm a slow:notagree loser it's Better to be a slow loser than not a loser at all.:(

Hello everyone! Not banded yet but met with Dr. Wynn on 5/22 and I can't wait. Did anyone else have to do the 12 week class for their Ins to approve Lap Band? If so, did your ins approve it right after the 12 week class was done? I am hoping for a easy run with my ins company. Any feed back/tips about pre op would be great.

Ducky-

Dr Wynn assisted on my surgery.. my surgeon is Dr Peters...

I think... but I could be wrong... that CHRIAS requires 3 preop classes (not sure about your 12 classes)... the classes I went to were for 2 hours once a week for 3 weeks... good info, learned alot.

As far as a preop diet... I only had to do 48 hours of clears... a friend of mine, who also goes to CHRIAS has to do 2 weeks of full liquids with the last 48 hours of clears... I suppose it all depends on the person and BMI... but, I did take it upon myself to do a modified liquid diet for 2 weeks prior (2 Protein shakes per day, everything sugar free, low fat... and had a healthy meal per day)...

It took about a week and a half to get approval from my insurance company... I was approved like 4 days prior to surgery! Talk about sweating it out!!!

Hi Melissa O!

Thank so much for the information, I was nervous when I met with Dr. Wynn so I might have misunderstood her. She said I had two choices 1. 6 month diet plan with my doctor ..or .. 2. a 12 week course with St. Frances. Maybe over that 12 week time frame I only go to 3 classes I am not sure. I picked up a cook book all about post Lap Band Meals and my Hubby and I are going to try some this weekend. I want to start eating better now so I can get in a mind frame of a life change not just a diet.

Wow, they set your surgery date before the Ins approval. Did they have you make a down payment incase the Ins company declined it? I would be sweating on that one too. Oh and congrats on the up coming Wedding, I was also a November Bride.

Ducky-

Thank you..

Some insurances require a 6 month medically supervised diet... maybe thats what she was talking about...

Where are you having your surgery? I think that also makes a difference on where you go for your classes.....

I am going to have it done at St. Francis Hospital. Man this ins crap really worries me. I asked Dr. Wynn how soon would I be able to get the surgery and she said after the 12 week course with Maryellen was done. The class is located at the Apex Medical Center.

Kim I Also Had A Lap Band. Where Did You Have Yours? Doyou Live In Delaware? I Am Looking For A Support Group Meeting. Or Starting One Myself.

Hi Suzy626!

Are you in the northern part of the state, too? I seem to be the only one in the southern part.

Good luck to you and your venture!

Lee