Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Dates

I was on an antacid before surgery due to severe reflux. I have not needed to use it yet. With the pouch, it doesn't have the stomach acids in it like your stomach did. However, some individuals do have some reflux after. Your Surgeon knows your medical history so feel free to ask him/her about it :-) My Dr knew I had issues before and told me I could take my Rx for it. However haven't needed it :-) If he/she doesn't say anything about Milk of Magnesia, ask your surgeon.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

I will be so thrilled if my reflux goes away-thanks for the ray of sunshine on that subject!!!

I see people are taking like 3-6 weeks off.... anyone out there been thru this before?? I recovered very quickly with two c-sections and a gallbladder removal, with the gallbladder removal I was back to work in 4 days. My doc tells me 3 weeks most likely but I may feel good by 2 weeks.... I am shooting for one week as i am doing this unpaid leave from work.... am I going over board?? Surgery is this wednesday!!!

I don't know as of yet-but there is no way in the world my husband could have gone back in 1 week, or even 2 after his surgeryeven though he said he felt better by then. He stayed out 8 weeks I thinkusing leave credits and SDI. He would not have been able to focus getting in the Water, he never tried hard enough on the Protein, and I'm sure would have wound up in the hospital for dehydration. And he has a desk job-so please listen to your body and don't push yourself. If you invest a little more time now on yourself, you may save a lot of time later if it causes you to need to be readmitted to the hospital. (UGH for unpaid LOA!)

I am starting this so all of us who are beginning 2013 in a big way can share stories' date=' advice and experiences.

My surgery date is 1/21/13 and this has been a year long journey for me. I began last December with a physical and my Dr. and I decided it was time. I had to go through 6 months of weigh-ins and visits with the nutritionist before I was even allowed to see the surgeon. I finally met him in July and then was given a whole new list of tests and appointments that needed to be done. My insurance finally approved me earlier this month, but only for surgery after January 1, so January 21st it is.

I am so excited to start this journey and thank you all in advance for sharing your experiences here![/quote']

Iam very excited for this year also i dont have a surgery date yet but only one more appointment then we are gonna scheduale my surgery i cannot wait to feel good about myself

Hey I'm 32 years old

5'6.5" 241 lbs. BMI 38.5 (was higher but lost on three month diet)

Anyone in January close to my size?

Haha, we have a lot in common Jessica9190, although I'm closer to 40 (I'm 38). Some things we do share = surgery dates, gerd/reflux, change from sleeve to RNY, and even similar height and weight! I'm 5' 6.5ish", 238.5lbs (was 251lbs at approval). BMI was about 40, now closer to 38.

Just saw my ticker-we're only 5 days away!!!!!!!! :D:blink::o :ph34r:

Haha' date=' we have a lot in common Jessica9190, although I'm closer to 40 (I'm 38). Some things we do share = surgery dates, gerd/reflux, change from sleeve to RNY, and even similar height and weight! I'm 5' 6.5ish", 238.5lbs (was 251lbs at approval). BMI was about 40, now closer to 38.

Just saw my ticker-we're only 5 days away!!!!!!!! :D:blink::o :ph34r:[/quote']

Wow we are true surgery twins. Lol. OMG. I'm getting so excited. If only we were closer on distance :(. Where are you again? I'm too lazy to read through everything again. My surgery will be in Dallas TX.

Wow we are true surgery twins. Lol. OMG. I'm getting so excited. If only we were closer on distance :(. Where are you again? I'm too lazy to read through everything again. My surgery will be in Dallas TX.

My surgery is in Saramento, CA-not too far from home (my hubby LOVES TX). I'm mucho exited too, but affraid the shoe will drop. Boooo, that feeling bites. :unsure:

Have you started getting things ready for the hospital and after? I have lists for what I want to take and what I wanted to buy. But today I only managed to buy a new Water bottle, chapstick, X-tra strength Tylenol, and Biotin supplements. I already had the chocolate and vanilla whey Protein powder mix, magic bullet, small containers, and a few other things to take to the hospital. Tried shopping for liquids, Protein drinks and mushy foods as well today but I kept putting things back because I was affraid to buy something I might not like after surgery in case my tasebuds changed. Oh yah, I got some white grape juice to mix with my ah... :::bowel::: prep. :blink: Ughhh

Hey I'm 32 years old

5'6.5" 241 lbs. BMI 38.5 (was higher but lost on three month diet)

Anyone in January close to my size?

I'm not Jan, but very close to you so here is my story. I am 40. I was 237 when I went in for surgery, 5'6. I lost 30 lbs before surgery. I'm now 219. I did get minor dehydration 2 weeks post op. I was drinking 60 oz a day of liquids. My body was processing the liquids right, so I gained Water weight. After a couple days of 80-90oz of liquids my body kicked in. So I started losing again. By the way, before surgery I drank 3 liters of Water a day so my body was used to a high input of liquids. Probably why my body reacted differently.

Your bodies will go through a major change. No telling what it will like or not like post op. I was lucky that was my only post op issue. Health wise I feel great and it gets better each day. By the way, if any of you want to join us over on our December post op thread feel free to add on to our thread too :-) There are many people there that had surgeries in other months and all are welcome. I have been told that the December post op thread is followed by others, cuz their month post op threads fell by the wayside (people stopped posting). Please join us over there too if you would like. Pre-oppers can ask questions, so can post-oppers. There are many different experiences there with a lot of individuals. All are welcome :-)

I see people are taking like 3-6 weeks off.... anyone out there been thru this before?? I recovered very quickly with two c-sections and a gallbladder removal' date=' with the gallbladder removal I was back to work in 4 days. My doc tells me 3 weeks most likely but I may feel good by 2 weeks.... I am shooting for one week as i am doing this unpaid leave from work.... am I going over board?? Surgery is this wednesday!!![/quote']

I have pretty much a desk job, not too much heavy lifting or work. Providing you have an uneventful recovery, I would say its possible. However, you will be tired at the end of your work day because you are still recovering. make sure you take a small walk every hour if you can. Also make sure you don't get dehydrated or trying to do to much. I went in for a couple days after a week. But with the holidays, I got some extra days off anyways. Good luck and listen to your body. Don't do to much too fast!!! At 2 weeks, I would say w an uneventful post op, definitely can return especially if you're not getting paid and need the $ (who doesn't right) Listen to your body!!!

Don't lose track of getting fluids in. That is a major thing that could happen. You don't want to have to go in to the ER for a bag of liquids :-(

I will be so thrilled if my reflux goes away-thanks for the ray of sunshine on that subject!!!

You're welcome. It should go away once there is less stress on your system. Some in December group have already been taken off meds for diabetes. I thought that was great. So yes, always something to look forward too:-)

I just joined....and I'm not sure how to use the app, I've had to go to the website to post in this forum????? I'm confused but anyway I'm having surgery 21 Jan and I'm scared half to death. I'm in Germany so besides the normal concerns there is the language barrier. Reading the different threads has helped ease my worries.

January Dates

MrsPolk - Jan 02

Nikempster - Jan 3, Federal Way, WA

Thynnlynn - Jan 4, Ypsilanti, MI

Preacherswife26 - Jan 7

Frogjlr - Jan 7, St Vincent, Camel, IN

Truebind - Jan 7

Jmaromano. - Jane - Jan 7

MollyB38 - Jan 8

Teka2011 - Jan 9

BrattyAsh - Jan 9

BigMike - Jan 9, San Antonio, TX

Ducky07 - Jan 9

Ready2Smile - Jan 10

Jessica9190 - Jan 10

Feelin-Lika-Cow - Jan 14

Kloveburd - Jan 14

Trailblazer57 - Jan 14, Greenville, PA

TLP1212 - Jan 14

Mommywifeandfat - Jan 14

Lovealways - Jan 15, Long Island, NY

Libra_Lisa - Jan 18

Wdwfreak - Jan 21

Jayla_Mom_of2 - Jan 21

Cookie - Jan 21

Dotie316 - Jan 21 - Germany

Copmom - Jan 22

Vbgirl264 - Jan 22

Fiusha - Jan 22

Sissy - Jan 22

Workingmotherofthree - Jan 23

Dizzywzi - Jan 24

MrsPitts11367 - Jan 30

I just joined....and I'm not sure how to use the app' date=' I've had to go to the website to post in this forum????? I'm confused but anyway I'm having surgery 21 Jan and I'm scared half to death. I'm in Germany so besides the normal concerns there is the language barrier. Reading the different threads has helped ease my worries.[/quote']

Welcome to the group Dotie.

Thank you I'm happy to be here and to learn and listen to you all,

Sooo i just got all my Vitamins for post op... do i start now? Will it hurt/help? Including the B12 shots?