Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

Also just got out of the shower' date=' which mine are generally hot. I started feeling weak, nauseated, and dizzy. Got out took my BP and my pulse was high. No more hot showers :-( anyone else have this issue?

Gen :-)[/quote']

Well, the hot shower will bring pulse up like they said cause the warm Water acts as a vasodilator and opens up all the vessels really wide and lowers blood pressure. Pulse quickens to make sure all the blood gets to brain in time and it can def make you dizzy, certainly weak and nauseous as well. I'm betting it's low bp because the same thing probably happens while your sleeping and your body is so relaxed. Then you get up and get going and it goes away. What was your bp and pulse when you took it? And are you on any meds for high bp?

Is anyone having severe indigestion? I can't sleep at night bc of it and I.still have some this.morning but I haven't eaten since 4 yesterday!

Lisa :-) surgery date: Dec. 4th, 2012

MyTimeToLose,

That's a great tip for the holidays and really any outing at the beginning. Did you just bust out the measuring cup? Or was it covert? I could see this being helpful at a restaurant too.

I actually took a measuring cup out, lol. But I ate after everyone, so most people were not paying attention to what I was doing. I just fed the kids first and then moved on to myself since not everyone there knows I had surgery, they just think I am dieting, only a handful actually know.

Gen, my pulse has stayed elevated after surgery and I actually fainted after my shower. Went to the ER 5 days after surgery having heart palpitations and racing heart. They said mild dehydration so I just figure that's what's going on with the shower issues too. But you are drinking a lot more than me, so I dunno.

See Gen, I was able to get fluids in easily for the first week or so after surgery and then one day I just couldn't.

I sometimes have that problem too, especially on an empty stomach, it just hurts. I found that if I eat something and then drink 30 minutes later I can drink a lot easier, not sure why? Maybe since it is not running through like it would on an empty stomach and I am not totally healed yet? Not sure, but I have hard days too. I have even taken 1 tiny bite of cottage cheese and then 10 minutes later was able to drink just fine, although that is not something you should do long term since you want to do the 30/30, I just did since I was getting dehydrated and feel it is easier for some reason to drink when something is in my stomach. I will be talking to my dr about it at my next appt to see why this is

So guys I am on my way back to the emergency room again I hope I can get this figured out I fill like crap I wonder if I will ever fill good I think I made a big mistake

Thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope its nothing and your home soon!!

So guys I am on my way back to the emergency room again I hope I can get this figured out I fill like crap I wonder if I will ever fill good I think I made a big mistake

Oh my goodness, SimplySouthern! Prayers headed out for you. I hate that this has been so incredibly hard for you! Hopefully this time they will figure out the underlying cause. Praying for you!

Is anyone having severe indigestion? I can't sleep at night bc of it and I.still have some this.morning but I haven't eaten since 4 yesterday!

Lisa :-) surgery date: Dec. 4th' date=' 2012[/quote']

My doc prescribed a liquid antacid that I take daily. Maybe ou would benefit from something like that.

I'm 9 day post op and starting to get a cold! Sneezing like crazy and boy does it hurt to sneeze. Boo!

DOS 12/17/12

Well' date=' the hot shower will bring pulse up like they said cause the warm Water acts as a vasodilator and opens up all the vessels really wide and lowers blood pressure. Pulse quickens to make sure all the blood gets to brain in time and it can def make you dizzy, certainly weak and nauseous as well. I'm betting it's low bp because the same thing probably happens while your sleeping and your body is so relaxed. Then you get up and get going and it goes away. What was your bp and pulse when you took it? And are you on any meds for high bp?[/quote']

I am having issues of rapid heart beat while sleeping. I've been waking up, I thought shaking but I realized it isn't shaking, it is due to rapid pulse - palpitations. Went to Dr today and he is going to do a EKG, echo and I have to wear the monitor. He doesn't believe it to be surgery related but stress due to a cheating husband (ex husband after 22 yrs) abandoning me and our 16 yo daughter for his Ho. On Friday, something huge came up w the divorce and threw me in a whirl wind and his mom has t been herself and is treating me and my daughter badly. So I would say stress. I've never had issues w BP therefore not on a pill.

Gen :-)

Gen' date=' my pulse has stayed elevated after surgery and I actually fainted after my shower. Went to the ER 5 days after surgery having heart palpitations and racing heart. They said mild dehydration so I just figure that's what's going on with the shower issues too. But you are drinking a lot more than me, so I dunno.[/quote']

I guess I can try to drink more Water. My Dr did say water at this stage is more important so make sure that I get the liquids in before worrying about getting all of the Protein in.

Ugh. My indigestion is so bad that I've thrown up 3x. I don't understand how I can still have indigestion after puking.

Lisa :-) surgery date: Dec. 4th, 2012

After reading, low blood pressure can be a complication of GBP. I read that it clears up on its own and is due to the changes that the body undergoes. Very good to know.