Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

I've been lingering in the same 5lb range for a while too. The weight loss has slowed significantly in the last month. Seems like most weeks I barely lose a pound.

Now that we're all in the 3-4 month post-op range' date=' are people finding it harder to follow the rules? I know I am. I don't necessarily mean the diet, as I still eat well and stay away from the bad foods, but what I mean is like: I sort of feel like I get it now. I don't have as many questions or concerns anymore. Life after RNY is just second nature, so I don't think about how I need to sip sip sip all the time, or worry about what I'm going to eat and when. I'm also terrible at remembering to take my Vitamins. And I don't wait 30 minutes after I eat to drink. I kind of feel like I'm back to living my normal life, just eating differently. My weight loss probably could be better if I was stricter with an eating routine, but even a slow loss is a loss, so I'm happy.

I still have my days where I'm not hungry, and days where I'm a bottomless pit, but in general I feel pretty "normal"

Am I the only one?[/quote']

Most days not hungry or just hungry enough to eat. I don't get all the liquids in but tonight I went to a group meeting and people 1yr-3yrs out don't get the required either. We seem to get the same amount. I am pretty strict on my eating routine. Almost everyday I do get my vitamins. Sometimes on the weekends I forget the morning dosage, but never forget evenings. So at least on those days I still get half if what I should. I have them in a weekly pill holder, so all I have to do is grab and take them all. Easier than taking each bottle and doing it that way. I do still wait 30 minutes. Because I had tried drinking earlier after eating and got sick. However sometimes I only wait til 15 minutes before eating.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

My Partner's work hours have changed and he won't be home for dinner four nights a week. Any suggestions on acceptable frozen dinners for me to eat. (Healthy Choice' date=' Weight Watchers, Lean Cuisine, or Adkins) ?

Peter. DOS 12/31/12[/quote']

Low carb and higher Protein ones, such as the Adkins or something similar. Watch calories and sodium too.

And the complications from hysterectomy continues. I had to go to Dr today. I have a thing called granulation now. Part of the inner tissue must have been stitched to the outside tissue. Because it is on the outside that was causing bleeding and a couple other symptoms. I was put on Flagil to help with the bacteria created from it.

And the complications from hysterectomy continues. I had to go to Dr today. I have a thing called granulation now. Part of the inner tissue must have been stitched to the outside tissue. Because it is on the outside that was causing bleeding and a couple other symptoms. I was put on Flagil to help with the bacteria created from it.

Boo :[ hope it gets better quick!

Boo :[ hope it gets better quick!

Almost 10 weeks out. This better not follow me for life is all I have to say. I have a cystoscopy (a look inside my bladder) for the 16th to see if there is any bladder damage from the improperly placed catheter. Not going to be fun. It is being done in the office without sedation so I'm worried about the pain of that. If anyone has had one this way could you tell me what it's like. I was told its almost like a catheter being placed. Ugh, please no. So I guess I have some thinking to do as to where to go from here, as to whether or not to sue. I hate doing that but right now I'm in pain again. Can't see an end yet!!!

Try to up your Protein. I stalled for a week and upped my protein and now I'm losing again. Almost a pound a day. I had my 3 month today as well. Down 64. I have 40 to go to goal wait. About the protein and my appt. I told Dr about the hair loss' date=' he said only thing that would help is upping the protein. I told him I hit a stall upped to protein to about 86-90g and he was happy w that. Today I hit 100g of protein. Almost every thing I eat is protein. Plus I have a my fuzzy navel shake in the morning. I have 1 before and after work outs. I was told that having a shake or a high protein food within 30 minutes after work out will help burn those fat cells quicker and build lean muscle.

Gen :-) 12/15/12[/quote']

What did you eat the day you hit 100 grams?

Almost 10 weeks out. This better not follow me for life is all I have to say. I have a cystoscopy (a look inside my bladder) for the 16th to see if there is any bladder damage from the improperly placed catheter. Not going to be fun. It is being done in the office without sedation so I'm worried about the pain of that. If anyone has had one this way could you tell me what it's like. I was told its almost like a catheter being placed. Ugh' date=' please no. So I guess I have some thinking to do as to where to go from here, as to whether or not to sue. I hate doing that but right now I'm in pain again. Can't see an end yet!!!

I had a cystoscope last year to check on my recurrent and seemingly never ending UTIs. Yeah it's not pleasant but we've both been through a whole lot worse! I was grateful for the information they gleaned and the outcome of having far fewer UTIs so it was definitely worth it. Hang in there. The end of all your complications just has to be in sight. Good luck!

Almost 10 weeks out. This better not follow me for life is all I have to say. I have a cystoscopy (a look inside my bladder) for the 16th to see if there is any bladder damage from the improperly placed catheter. Not going to be fun. It is being done in the office without sedation so I'm worried about the pain of that. If anyone has had one this way could you tell me what it's like. I was told its almost like a catheter being placed. Ugh' date=' please no. So I guess I have some thinking to do as to where to go from here, as to whether or not to sue. I hate doing that but right now I'm in pain again. Can't see an end yet!!!

Oh man. Be sure to tell them you are anxious about it. I would definitely have your case reviewed. Especially if there is permanent damage, pain/ suffering. It has also delayed your healing. Exposed you to extra medications that you wouldn't have needed without the complications caused by ? Error. Just my two cents. You have had to pay copays for all the meds and hospitalizations that you may not have needed.

Congrats on the 100 grams of Protein. I get so full so quick. I can't imagine eating/ drinking that much. Keep up the good work.

Try to up your Protein. I stalled for a week and upped my protein and now I'm losing again. Almost a pound a day. I had my 3 month today as well. Down 64. I have 40 to go to goal wait. About the protein and my appt. I told Dr about the hair loss' date=' he said only thing that would help is upping the protein. I told him I hit a stall upped to protein to about 86-90g and he was happy w that. Today I hit 100g of protein. Almost every thing I eat is protein. Plus I have a my fuzzy navel shake in the morning. I have 1 before and after work outs. I was told that having a shake or a high protein food within 30 minutes after work out will help burn those fat cells quicker and build lean muscle.

Congrats on your weight loss! :)

Today I'll hit 99g. Special K Protein w FF milk, 2 shakes (one before and after workout). Lunch: Danon Light n Fit yogurt, cheese stick, peaches. Dinner: tuna fish salad (1oz albacore tuna, 1/2 HB egg, miracle whip light, mustard) and a cheese stck.

That is my day. Not sure, but peaches might be a snack or the lunch cheese stick. I love the cheese sticks :-)

My hair is coming out quite a bit, so I have no choice but to get a high protein. I think the second surgery is the cause for that. After that surgery, I could barely eat or drink for almost a month. Thank goodness for thick hair.

Had my 3 month check up. I'm down 66 lbs since surgery and 76 lbs total. She is going to wait on my gall bladder surgery. I have no pain or issues with it. So unless my nausea returns, we will leave it alone. I still have to have an endoscopy in May to rule out ulcers. I'm happy and while in doctors office I sat with my leg crossed over my upper leg. An NSV!!! :) heading to Disney in 15 days. Yesssss!

I think my whole family done gone. Crazy. My son is mad cause I wouldn't let him "hang out " at the bowling alley when we has two 'D's on his report card. My hubby says I've changed and he is no longer happy in this relationship. I wanted to say, "wow " I haven't been happy in this relationship in years. You just catching up. Lol. I have changed. I quit drinking and smoking. I've been going to church and taking my son with me. Tell me how that's a bad thing.

I think my whole family done gone. Crazy. My son is mad cause I wouldn't let him "hang out " at the bowling alley when we has two 'D's on his report card. My hubby says I've changed and he is no longer happy in this relationship. I wanted to say, "wow " I haven't been happy in this relationship in years. You just catching up. Lol. I have changed. I quit drinking and smoking. I've been going to church and taking my son with me. Tell me how that's a bad thing.

I think my whole family done gone. Crazy. My son is mad cause I wouldn't let him "hang out " at the bowling alley when we has two 'D's on his report card. My hubby says I've changed and he is no longer happy in this relationship. I wanted to say' date=' "wow " I haven't been happy in this relationship in years. You just catching up. Lol. I have changed. I quit drinking and smoking. I've been going to church and taking my son with me. Tell me how that's a bad thing.[/quote']

Sounds like they may be threatened by your successes. Keep on truckin' on your healthy path. They'll eventually see that you are making choices that are impacting them in a different but much better and healthier way. Good luck on your journey. You are doing great!

Sounds like they may be threatened by your successes. Keep on truckin' on your healthy path. They'll eventually see that you are making choices that are impacting them in a different but much better and healthier way. Good luck on your journey. You are doing great!

Thanks. This forum is my lifeline

Next to prayer.