Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

I've noticedy shoes are looser than normal too. I don't want to have to buy those til change of weather and winter is over :-)

Hippie Gal: after surgery I was weak too. I noticed more strain on my legs trying to go up stairs. I promise that will go away in time. Just make sure you get at least 60 oz in of liquids. By the way' date=' that bruise, omg. It looks like the Dr tortured your poor stomach :-(

Gen :-) 12/15/12[/quote']

Yea i know about the stomach bruise at least its starting to turn green. Its my battle scar. Lol. Whats wrong with blue bell sugar free ice cream?

If we can have SF pudding why not SF ice cream.

60 oz of liquid. I havent gotten that much in one day yet. I do get 60 grams of Protein. But i think i drink about 22 oz of Water with my protein mix divided of course. And then 32 oz of bottle water i sip through the day. 1 popsicle and 1 SF Jello. So at least i am trying to push the 60 down

I can look when I get home from work' date=' but it's plain Greek so it's much higher in protein.[/quote']

Sounds good, let me know.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

Anyone else experiencing bad breath after surgery? I am, my mouth just tastes gross.

Anyone else experiencing bad breath after surgery? I am' date=' my mouth just tastes gross.[/quote']

Oh my gosh yes!! My mouth is sooo dry and gross tasting, especially in the am or if I'm not constantly drinking something. Eww! What's it from?

Well I am failing! I had surgery 12-12-12 and am still not getting in Protein or liquids. I might eat a few bites of chicken or tuna and about 10 ounces of Water a day top. I work out and live my life and feel fine. I don't feel dehydrated or hungry. I am worried that over time this isn't going to work. But I am a almost a month and have not had a single complication. Is the worst yet to come?

Anyone else experiencing bad breath after surgery? I am' date=' my mouth just tastes gross.[/quote']

My mouth gets very dry too and yes tastes gross too. I'm thinking about trying the mouth wash designed for dry mouths. I forget the name but would recognize it when I see it.

I'm still failing at liquids and Proteins too sammi, but I've almost doubled what I was getting a week ago so I'm proud of that. I'm up to 30-40g Protein and 20-40oz of Water a day.

Unfortunately, I am feeling the bad effects of dehydration and starvation, but am slowly improving.

Well I am failing! I had surgery 12-12-12 and am still not getting in Protein or liquids. I might eat a few bites of chicken or tuna and about 10 ounces of Water a day top. I work out and live my life and feel fine. I don't feel dehydrated or hungry. I am worried that over time this isn't going to work. But I am a almost a month and have not had a single complication. Is the worst yet to come?

What has your Dr said?

Today I am one week post op. I went to the ER on Saturday because I was having severe' date=' burning pain near my belly button. They did a CT and said one of the incisions int he muscle was inflamed, and to rest. So, for the past 2 1/2 days i have done NOTHING!!! Besides this pain, i fee fabulous. All other surgery related pains are almost gone and im keeping down food well. I called the surgeon today cause the pain isnt gettin any better, so I am going in tomorrow. I am nervous. ANyone have this happen to them? I cant sleep in my bed because its hurts so badly!![/quote']

I have had the same type of pain since just before Xmas. It felt like I tore a muscle. It is still there but is getting better. I saw my surgeon least week and he wasn't too concerned about it so now that its getting better i know it wasn't too serious. But I do understand why you're worried because the pain, at times, is absolutely unbearable...rest and use heat on it. My hot water bottle is my new best friend!

I'm still failing at liquids and Proteins too sammi' date=' but I've almost doubled what I was getting a week ago so I'm proud of that. I'm up to 30-40g Protein and 20-40oz of Water a day.

Unfortunately, I am feeling the bad effects of dehydration and starvation, but am slowly improving.[/quote']

I'm glad you've been able to get more in Jodi. You getting there. Just keep going and if you need to go get fluids from an IV then do so.

Sammi n Jodi: I don't see that as failing. Your body is just having a hard time dealing w the changes it's been given. Stick in there and keep going. You'll get there. Just don't get sick and get help ASAP when needed.

Unjury.com

I was hoping I could get it on the open market rather than online. I'm not against getting it online, I was hoping to have some quicker than that .

PSKKJM. DOS 12/31/12

What has your Dr said?

He doesn't know! I don't want to get yelled at! Also I haven't seen him yet. I will this Thursday.

I was hoping I could get it on the open market rather than online. I'm not against getting it online' date=' I was hoping to have some quicker than that .

PSKKJM. DOS 12/31/12[/quote']

GNC has unflavored Protein