Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and well wishes. The gum swelling is going down but the jaw is still in a lot of pain. I have upgraded from apple sauce to Protein laced Jello. Gonna try some pintos and cheese for dinner. I swear this is like starting all over again! I know we aren't supposed to use them, but straws have become my best friend!

I wish I would have found this group earlier! I had RNY on Dec 11 and I am enjoying getting a lot of info from here and hearing everyones story! I have had to have 2 stricture surgeries and am possibly awaiting a 3rd one! It is very frustrating for me. Thanks for sharing so much info!

Hw 256

CW 190

I will figure out the profile pic when I get to a computer! Lol

That's pretty scary! every time my throat gets sore, I worry about that. Sounds a little paraniod I know-especially since it's more than just swallowing. Hope all is ok.

That's pretty scary! every time my throat gets sore' date=' I worry about that. Sounds a little paraniod I know-especially since it's more than just swallowing. Hope all is ok.[/quote']

Oh you will know if it happens! When you swallow the food it will go down but then you get this pain in you stomach and it feels like things are swimming around in your stomach till you throw up! The first time it got to where I couldnt even hold down liquids. 2nd time just couldnt hold down food. 15 days after the 2nd one I already needed it again but I told the dr No not right now I wont do the procedure again till I cant hold anything down. So for now I have to make everything a soupy mixture to eat it! Not fun but Im just frustrated!

Happy Easter to my BFFs I wish you all the happiness you deserve, be sure to thank Jesus for the life he gave back to us.

I just would like to say Happy Easter to all of you! I am so thankful to have found this website and met all of yall!

Happy Easter to everyone. You are in my thoughts those of you who aren't posting anymore or rarely post. I hope all is going well with the weight loss and your health. Happy you found us too Jessie.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

Today was kind of overwhelming. I haven't seen my family since a few weeks after surgery. They were floored when they saw me. I know I have lost weight but by the way they were acting, you would think I was at goal weight. I'm 76 lbs away from that. Why is it so hard to accept the fact that maybe we do look pretty good but in our heads, it hasn't caught up. So weird! Hope everyone had a great day today.

Today was kind of overwhelming. I haven't seen my family since a few weeks after surgery. They were floored when they saw me. I know I have lost weight but by the way they were acting, you would think I was at goal weight. I'm 76 lbs away from that. Why is it so hard to accept the fact that maybe we do look pretty good but in our heads, it hasn't caught up. So weird! Hope everyone had a great day today.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. Whenever I see friends or family I haven't seen in a while they all react so "Oh my god you look sooo good/different" and it's kind of weird sometimes. I mean, I see some changes in my body, but not like they do apparently. and I still have like 85lbs to go too.

Today was kind of overwhelming. I haven't seen my family since a few weeks after surgery. They were floored when they saw me. I know I have lost weight but by the way they were acting' date=' you would think I was at goal weight. I'm 76 lbs away from that. Why is it so hard to accept the fact that maybe we do look pretty good but in our heads, it hasn't caught up. So weird! Hope everyone had a great day today.[/quote']

I hear you! And to think I was "that huge" before....I had a mixed feeling kind of day.

I hear you! And to think I was "that huge" before....I had a mixed feeling kind of day.

I know what you mean. When I look in the mirror I still see that 290 pound woman even though I'm 211. This battle is 50% mental. My opinion

I know what you mean. When I look in the mirror I still see that 290 pound woman even though I'm 211. This battle is 50% mental. My opinion

211 is great Shaunda. You are doing wonderfully. Happy for you :-)

Today was kind of overwhelming. I haven't seen my family since a few weeks after surgery. They were floored when they saw me. I know I have lost weight but by the way they were acting' date=' you would think I was at goal weight. I'm 76 lbs away from that. Why is it so hard to accept the fact that maybe we do look pretty good but in our heads, it hasn't caught up. So weird! Hope everyone had a great day today.[/quote']

The other morning I looked at myself in a picture I had daughter take, full body, and for the first time since the surgery I thought I saw what I used to see. I deleted it immediately. Freaky!!!

211 is great Shaunda. You are doing wonderfully. Happy for you :-)

Thanks

Still trying to make it to onderland