Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

I don't pee much either but I really don't drink much. Maybe 20 ounces a day. I try and try to change this. Somedays I might get 30 but no more then that. I know I am dehydrated because my fingertips are always wrinkled

I drink 2 or 3 bottles of Water a day I really do watch my intake I think they are 16 oz of wate per bottle. I sip all day long. Seems if I gulp 3 sips I can feel myself get full. But I am never extremely thirsty just normal I guess.

I don't pee much either but I really don't drink much. Maybe 20 ounces a day. I try and try to change this. Somedays I might get 30 but no more then that. I know I am dehydrated because my fingertips are always wrinkled

ya gotta force more down. Your kidneys will shut down and you could damage your liver.

I noticed I do not sweat anymore. I go pee about 3-4 times a day. I drink around 40 oz. and no UTI (knock on wood). In all the books I have read or articles it seems that is the natural thing to do because of less food being broke down and liquid intake. Hippee I agree go see a doctor just to get it checked out.

Ok off the subject a little. Do you think you pee as much as you used to? I know alot of us have had the dreaded UTI but sometimes I can go all day and pee once then in the evening maybe 3 or 4 times. Sometimes very little comes out then sometimes it feels normal. I don't have back aches but sometimes I feel some strange weirdest when I pee on both sides of my abdomen kinda up high. No blood. And I had a complete hysterectomy 13 yrs ago. I don't have edema. Just kinda feel like its not normal to pee like I used to and when I think more should come out very little does . All I drink is Water and every few days about a cup of lite cran grape juice. I stopped all the crystal light crap cause I hated that sweet taste. Other then that I feel fine. But so afraid I am hurting either my kidneys or bladder. Because I don't lee much. How about you?

You have to realize your probably not drinking as much as you did pre-surgery. Less in - Less out.

My surgery was 3 days after yours. I was fine in the beginning but not anymore. Did you have problems early on?

Teresa

I was pretty much okay in the beginning but now it's a challenge to see what foods like the pouch. chicken, fish and cooked shrimp is a no go.

DOS 12/17/12 :)

You have to realize your probably not drinking as much as you did pre-surgery. Less in - Less out.

You are so right. I dont drink cokes or anything with caffeine. Caffeine used to make me pee constantly. I made my first appt with my MD for lab work and check up. Next Monday. Think its time to do the AC1 to see if my diabetes has left. And of course my cholesterol. But defiantly going to check out the bladder and kidneys

I just remembered the Barilla Plus products has about 22g Protein.

I also read an article (not sure if its true). But after the Pasta is cooked; if you soak it in milk for 3 minutes; some of the milk will be absorbed offsetting the sugar/carbs and adding protein.

Just a bit of info I read and wanted to pass a long.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

Seriously thinking about going back to the basics: liquid diet. With this last surgery knocking me on my butt, while I'm still trying to recover, I'm not sure what else to do :-(

I actually use the bathroom a lot more now because I drank far less, presurgery. When they told me how much I had to drink after the surgery, I laughed....uh, yeah, right! I still don't meet my quota and with being sick, I'm drinking less but it's more than I ever use to drink. Still like warm tea over any other. Cold fluids just go down with a "thud."

Decided that eating foods is really miserable. My pouch seems to "attack foods" with the most absurd gurgling/ rumbling sounds which sometimes makes me think my pouch is gonna revolt which then makes me not want to eat much. Takes quite a while for all the racket to settle down and feel somewhat normal, but by then I don't want to eat anymore.

You are so right. I dont drink cokes or anything with caffeine. Caffeine used to make me pee constantly. I made my first appt with my MD for lab work and check up. Next Monday. Think its time to do the AC1 to see if my diabetes has left. And of course my cholesterol. But defiantly going to check out the bladder and kidneys

Good idea

Tried some meat earlier for dinner and I chewed the heck out of it, took my time but I still got sick. I helped clean up after dinner and just the smell of the meat, ugh. I need to make an appt w my nut. I need help.

Help!!! My hair is coming out like crazy! I am freaking out! Any advice you guys have heard from your doctor or nut? I know it comes with anesthesia, but this is crazy!!

I was pretty much okay in the beginning but now it's a challenge to see what foods like the pouch. Chicken' date=' fish and cooked shrimp is a no go.

DOS 12/17/12 :)[/quote']

That is so strange. Shrimp and fish are about the only things I can tolerate!!

Seriously thinking about going back to the basics: liquid diet. With this last surgery knocking me on my butt' date=' while I'm still trying to recover, I'm not sure what else to do :-(

Gen :-) 12/15/12[/quote']

I am stalling big time since my gallbladder surgery in December. Going back to liquids will not help. We just have to let our bodies heal

Help!!! My hair is coming out like crazy! I am freaking out! Any advice you guys have heard from your doctor or nut? I know it comes with anesthesia' date=' but this is crazy!![/quote']

I just bought a new Shampoo conditioner and leave in treatment from loreal suppose to help breaking and falling out hair. Haven't tried it yet but hope it helps. I am losing hair like crazy and I do get all my Protein and Vitamins in.