Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

I can relate to your pain. My best friend and I were scheduled for surgery on july 3 and her surgery was at 9 and mine at 10. She died during her surgery so my doctor resceduled mine to give me time to mourne. It took me to december 5 to have my surgery out of fear. I kept having dreams about my friend and felt like she was telling me to go ahead. I've had no complications. I believe in God and feels that life will end when HE FEELS ITS YOUR TIME. I will pray for this family and you as well.

That is soo sad. Sorry for your loss. :(

My doctor gave me two guidelines:(1) as listed on the package' date=' the product has to have less than 25g of carbohydrates per serving, and (2) "sugar" can not be the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd ingredient listed in the ingredients. For what it's worth.[/quote']

That sounds reasonable & familiar. Need to go back & read my nut book.

The fudge pops I believe say no sugar added. Mine are Popsicle brand and have 40 calories. They also make sugar free Popsicles that are 15 calories. The ice cream is made by blue bunny although I have not tried it. There is also another ice cream in our frozen food section in our Walmart it's with the Adkins and lean cuisine Entrees they are a three pack of cups I know a lot if people eating them it is 100 calories I believe per cup but I'm not sure of the brand.

Had anyone tried fresh fruit? I tried melon but was wondering about oranges' date=' apples?[/quote']

My Nut said try to stay away with fruit with skin unless you want to peel it. Not to eat the skin on veggies or fruits

Thank you every one. It's good to hear. This has never been in the family, So I guess I'm a black sheep, lol. I'm still going to the gym every day after work it helps. Went yesterday after the news. I walk on the treadmill for at a minimum of an hour some times an hour 45min. It feels so good. Each time I'm able to raise the speed by two mph. Yesterday I was at 3.6, it felt good other than the fact I got new shoes and they got to my heals. So I had to stop at an hour and go buy band aids :-)

I had asked for a hysterectomy 3 yrs ago cuz I knew, intuition, this day would come but the Drs wouldn't go by my intuition and take out so called healthy organs. So I'm honestly not surprised but had been expecting it. I'm a little numb, I guess. Not sure how to feel. And can't wait to get the junk out, finally, 3 yrs too late though. I worry about my daughter. I haven't told her its cancer and am not going to unless I have too. We've had one heck of 2 years w my now ex finding himself a GF. Her harassing me by texting horrible things, sending pics of him n her together. Monday eve at almost midnight she called 2 times and woke me up. I didn't answer and texted her back to ask her to stop, and I didn't say it that nicely either. So I'm trying to recover from a divorce from the love of my life for 25 years and I WILL recover from this too. This group has really been heaven sent for me. You all are a gift and I thank you. I THANK YOU so much.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

My heart goes out to you! You are such a strong woman and u will make it thru. I'm praying for u and your daughter!!! (HUGS)

On another note: If u need help beating your ex's hoe down I'm just a instant message away! It's great exercise we can log! ;)

How was the melon. I love melon. Did it agree with your stomach

Melon was great. I have had honeydew, cantelope, watermelon. It was fine with my stomach. I had it last after my Protein.< /p>

I'm so tired of eating the same things over and over again. I'm so hungry right now but sick of everything I usually eat.

This is why I've "advanced" myself on my diet from purée to soft. One can only eat the same 10 mushy items over and over before you go nuts! I'm so sick of Greek yogurt. My 1st follow up with my nutritionist is next week. Curious to see if she's excited I'm eating well or if she scolds me for going too fast.

My heart goes out to you! You are such a strong woman and u will make it thru. I'm praying for u and your daughter!!! (HUGS)

On another note: If u need help beating your ex's hoe down I'm just a instant message away! It's great exercise we can log! ;)

I would love to do a little more than a beating down, lol. Good thing they live 1000 miles away :-) and it better stay that way!!!

I love to do a little more than a beating down, lol. Good thing they live 1000 miles away :-)

LMAO!!!! Road trip!!!!!!

So I have to admit that I'm starting to get scared now for surgery next Thursday after the talks of the death and cancer earlier. I have a 16 yo that can't count on her father to do the right thing. This is my 3rd time going under anesthesia in a month and half.

Had anyone tried fresh fruit? I tried melon but was wondering about oranges' date=' apples?[/quote']

Yes I tried oranges and the acid is nasty tasting coming back up...sorry to be graphic

This is why I've "advanced" myself on my diet from purée to soft. One can only eat the same 10 mushy items over and over before you go nuts! I'm so sick of Greek yogurt. My 1st follow up with my nutritionist is next week. Curious to see if she's excited I'm eating well or if she scolds me for going too fast.

I also advanced myself. I go for my 2 week appt Friday, wondering the same thing!!

So I have to admit that I'm starting to get scared now for surgery next Thursday after the talks of the death and cancer earlier. I have a 16 yo that can't count on her father to do the right thing. This is my 3rd time going under anesthesia in a month and half.

Awe girl!! I bet you are starting to get scared. I would be too! But look at all you been through with no real problems and a positive attitude to boot!! :) I think you are gonna be just fine. Always know you can come here for support. Do you have someone going with you and all that there?

I was sadden by news that a dear friend had lost her sister yesterday but what made it so much more worse she passed away due to bariatric complications. Her surgery was the day after Christmas. To compound that information I was told that her other sister had bariatric surgery a year ago and now has been diagnosed with cancer. Please pray for this family, they need lifted up.

OMG, so sad to hear, prayers will be said.........