Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

I was going to go to a restraurant last night but ended up passing it up :-( I knew in the car it would be hard deciding. Plus it was just me after the gym. I would have stopped if my daughter was w me. I've been wanting to go to a restaurant for awhile. But with my new lifestyle, couldn't. Now I'm at the point I can since i have so many more options, so I guess I just have to jump in and go.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

Had 1/8 of an Applebee's chicken quesadilla grande last night hold the pico... Just chicken cheese and bacon... Omg so delicious and I have 7 more meals... According to myfitnesspal 1/8 is 12g of Protein too... That's 2 restaurants now where I've found something and been able to enjoy a night out with my family

Had 1/8 of an Applebee's chicken quesadilla grande last night hold the pico... Just chicken cheese and bacon... Omg so delicious and I have 7 more meals... According to myfitnesspal 1/8 is 15.6g of Protein too... That's 2 restaurants now where I've found something and been able to enjoy a night out with my family

Chili's has awesome new fish options on their menu. I had some last week. It was talapia with mango and advocado sauce and steamed broccoli and of course their loaded mashed potatoes that I could only get a small taste I was so full. But that's also when my stricture was starting

Had 1/8 of an Applebee's chicken quesadilla grande last night hold the pico... Just chicken cheese and bacon... Omg so delicious and I have 7 more meals... According to myfitnesspal 1/8 is 12g of Protein too... That's 2 restaurants now where I've found something and been able to enjoy a night out with my family

Do you use MyFitnessPal - MFP? Just wondering cuz I don't think I have added you yet. Thanks for the info. Will have to try it.

Haven't posted in a while-- Wanted to let everyone know that I am thinking of you all and catching up on everyone's progress. The pictures you are updating are amazing! Congrats to all! Gen, thinking of you with your upcoming surgery. Had a full complete open hysterectomy myself, (huge fibroids and profuse bleeding) 10 years ago. Hopefuly, everything will go as planned and it will just be another bump in the road as you recover. For my surgery buddies, I am so happy to hear you are doing well. Simply, I think of you often and hope you will be feeling well soon. The complications weren't what you signed up for, but what you have been going through is so important for this forum. Complications do happen, and your voice is important for others to hear and I personally hope you can once again be a voice on this forum and especially this thread, when your recovery is more stable. Not doing MFP anymore. I use the Fitbit Ultra and everything is logged in on their website. I don't want to have to record info twice so gave up on MFP. I feel really good after having a bad couple of weeks myself. Nonstop cramping and an overall feeling of yuck. Think I might have had a virus or just a few "bad pouch days" because even though I changed up a few dietary items. I went back to old diet items when I started feeling better without incident. Feeling more like my old self, everyday, chuckling as the clothes I previously wore no longer fit or when my feet slide around in my shoes. I always manage to find something that will work but not for much longer. Loving it!

So, had my egd Thursday. I have 2 small ulcers where my pouch is connected to my bowel. I am on Prilosec twice a day and carafate four times a day and absolutely cannot be smoking! They will recheck me on 2/14, yeah, Happy Valentine's Day. :( Praying that these things heal by then! This is scary. I don't like it, no, not one bit...

So' date=' had my egd Thursday. I have 2 small ulcers where my pouch is connected to my bowel. I am on Prilosec twice a day and carafate four times a day and absolutely cannot be smoking! They will recheck me on 2/14, yeah, Happy Valentine's Day. :( Praying that these things heal by then! This is scary. I don't like it, no, not one bit...[/quote']

Glad to hear from you. Hopefully by 2/14 they will be healed. I know it's scary. But am thankful that they are only small :-) and they must feel they'll be healed by the14th or I wouldn't think they wouldn't do the test at that point. Think positive :-)

Oh dear lord what have I done? Ate something wrong or too fast and I'm dying. The pain is unreal.

Oh dear lord what have I done? Ate something wrong or too fast and I'm dying. The pain is unreal.

Use papaya enzymes if you have them. Hold your arms above your head like stretching see if it helps

December surgery friends-- are you eating tortilla shells? (like burritos/quesadillas/wraps)

I've seen a few people on here mention eating those items but I wasn't sure we were "allowed" to. Are they considered bread?

On an unrelated note, yesterday was my 1 month-aversary from surgery, yay! :)

I'm at 8 weeks out I can't eat tortilla shells or bread if any kind not even meatballs because of bread crumbs. I have tried and I have gotten sick each time.

It was a low carb wheat tortilla that I swear almost killed me an hour ago. I won't be trying that again any time soon.

Ok, I think I'll continue to stay away, better safe than sorry. Hope you're starting to feel better jodi!

ginsyn, that's too bad that even bread crumbs are bothersome to you. Think of all the carbs you're saving though! (Silver lining? ;) )