Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

Ok guys I'm back in the hospital in the emergency room don't know whats going on will let yall know asap

Praying for you Simply Southern! Hope it's nothing and you're home soon!

I wanted to thank you for your reply. That is helpful information so I could stop worrying! :-) I won't do that again!

So, we some of you worrying that you stretched your pouch out already? I am worried about that too! I don't know if the gas is just gone or what, but I have a lot less pain and seem to be able to drink more now. I'm not complaining cause it was kinda miserable, but when the pain went away I thought maybe I stretched my pouch out by drinking too fast! :( I do stop as soon as I feel full now but I can take two big gulps at a time, maybe 3 before my stomach is full. Is this bad? :( I just get so thirsty. What has been you guy's experience with this?

I've slowly been able to drink a little more and have much less gas... and I think my surgery was just a day or two before yours.

Oh, also meant to add, it's freaking me out cause I've lost no weight the past three days! :( (I know, I shouldn't weight myself everyday, but I can't help it!)

So' date=' we some of you worrying that you stretched your pouch out already? I am worried about that too! I don't know if the gas is just gone or what, but I have a lot less pain and seem to be able to drink more now. I'm not complaining cause it was kinda miserable, but when the pain went away I thought maybe I stretched my pouch out by drinking too fast! :( I do stop as soon as I feel full now but I can take two big gulps at a time, maybe 3 before my stomach is full. Is this bad? :( I just get so thirsty. What has been you guy's experience with this?[/quote']

I have noticed that it is getting easy to get all the Water in mainly today plus most of the Protein. But with the Protein Shake I just used water and not milk to mix it without anything else, so it isn't thick at all. I'm hoping cuz it's less pain due to lessened gas. I haven't had to take anything for pain since I left the hospital. I did have to take the med for nausea though. I made a Peanut Butter shake the other day and I became so nauseated :-( I love peanut butter, so I hope it was a one time thing or wasn't the peanut butter.

Gen :-)

I've slowly been able to drink a little more and have much less gas... and I think my surgery was just a day or two before yours.

Yeah. I think we were around the same time. Mine was the 13th. If you don't mind answering, are you consistently losing or no? I feel like I'm obsessing but the scale has not moved for me in three days and it's starting to freak me out! Lol.

Oh' date=' also meant to add, it's freaking me out cause I've lost no weight the past three days! :( (I know, I shouldn't weight myself everyday, but I can't help it!)[/quote']

I also feel that way. I hop on the scale every morn. But I'm thinking its my body going into starvation mode so it's trying to retain what it has. I hope it gets better. We'll see I guess. Earlier I posted a question about how many calories everyone was getting each day, because I thought I was possibly getting less than every one else.

I have noticed that it is getting easy to get all the Water in mainly today plus most of the Protein. But with the Protein Shake I just used water and not milk to mix it without anything else' date=' so it isn't thick at all. I'm hoping cuz it's less pain due to lessened gas. I haven't had to take anything for pain since I left the hospital. I did have to take the med for nausea though. I made a Peanut Butter shake the other day and I became so nauseated :-( I love peanut butter, so I hope it was a one time thing or wasn't the peanut butter.

Gen :-)[/quote']

Yes!! I hope it wasn't peanut butter either, cause it's soo good! Lol. I cannot drink one more shake. I swear the smell of them makes me wanna hurl. I have my post-op appt on Monday and so help me god if they don't up my diet! I'm glad I'm not the only one though that seems to be able to handle more liquids now! That makes me feel better. So, have you been consistently losing? If you don't mind me asking, cause I feel like I stopped losing fast when the pain left.

I also feel that way. I hop on the scale every morn. But I'm thinking its my body going into starvation mode so it's trying to retain what it has. I hope it gets better. We'll see I guess. Earlier I posted a question about how many calories everyone was getting each day' date=' because I thought I was possibly getting less than every one else.

Yeah. That makes sense. Probably just our bodies adjusting and realizing it's not being fed as much. I hope so anyways!! Omg!!!

For the calories I take in I would thing that I would lose more weight. When I went in on surgery day I was 237, that is down from 267 6 months ago. I guess I shouldn't complain. When I came out of the hospital, I was down 3. That was Wednesday morn, day after coming home.

on the peanut butter... have you tried PB2? It's powdered and doesn't have the fat and sugar content that regular pb does. I've been using it and it's great. Fairly cheap too. You can order on Amazon or even walgreens.com

Losing consistently: I am... BUT I didn't start losing until Monday of this week... I had surgery last Wednesday and came out 9lbs heavier from fluids. I've been losing about 2lbs a day since Monday.

For the calories I take in I would thing that I would lose more weight. When I went in on surgery day I was 237' date=' that is down from 267 6 months ago. I guess I shouldn't complain. When I came out of the hospital, I was down 3. That was Wednesday morn, day after coming home.

That's great! I was at 313 day of surgery now at 295, so I guess I shouldn't complain either, but I think we all just want this so badly to be successful and it's scary when you think maybe it's not going to be!! I seemed to have dropped that weight mega fast and now nothing, no matter how much I am not eating. But thank you for sharing. It's so nice to come on here and be able to share our concerns with one another! Well, here's to us starting to lose again! ;)

Oh and I TOTALLY agree with our bodies being in starvation mode. I actually expect the weight loss to pick up once we can add some high Protein solids in. Our bodies are holding on for dear life because they don't know when they'll see their next meals.

on the peanut butter... have you tried PB2? It's powdered and doesn't have the fat and sugar content that regular pb does. I've been using it and it's great. Fairly cheap too. You can order on Amazon or even walgreens.com

Losing consistently: I am... BUT I didn't start losing until Monday of this week... I had surgery last Wednesday and came out 9lbs heavier from fluids. I've been losing about 2lbs a day since Monday.

Awesome!! I wish I was! Lol. But I guess we will all lose at a different pace and in different ways. Dammit! I guess I wanted to lose 50 pounds by now! Lol. Uhhh! I am obsessing.

Oh and I TOTALLY agree with our bodies being in starvation mode. I actually expect the weight loss to pick up once we can add some high Protein solids in. Our bodies are holding on for dear life because they don't know when they'll see their next meals.

Yeah, I'm thinking that's probably it. Hopefully when they increase my diet on Monday, I'll start losing again! :) Hope we all do! :)