Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

I had my surgery on the 17 and came home a day early on the 18. I had q pump and morphine pump so no pain at all. Walked the halls and did fine. Now coming home w/0 all that has been a bit different. No bloating' date=' passing gas but terrible pain in my shoulders. Tummy is sore not painful. I am drinking Water and eating Jello. Sat up in chair for a bit but awfully weak. Thanks for all the prayers. They were certainly heard. I have moments of feeling better today.[/quote']

My Dr said pain in shoulders could be overrating. Do you think that might b the case or not? Do u measure?

:-) Dec 15th New me and life begins ;-)

I had my surgery on the 17 and came home a day early on the 18. I had q pump and morphine pump so no pain at all. Walked the halls and did fine. Now coming home w/0 all that has been a bit different. No bloating' date=' passing gas but terrible pain in my shoulders. Tummy is sore not painful. I am drinking Water and eating Jello. Sat up in chair for a bit but awfully weak. Thanks for all the prayers. They were certainly heard. I have moments of feeling better today.[/quote']

Wow you came home day after. I was there for 4 days. I went thru a lot of what u did in the hospital, bloating, however I started passing gas right away and still do. I was so weak in the hospital, I actually slept ALOT. My tummy was sore but not painful. So Mi2 I think your doing very well instead of in the hospital, you're at home. I was scared to come home but am glad I'm here.

I went home next day as well. Pain in shoulders is the gas they pumped you up with... Lasts till about day 5.

Thanks and yes I am the one who nearly died I have lost 62 lbs since my surgery on dec 3 however I am still not feeling right just yet and it is upsetting that it seems as if everyone is doing great in this group and I'm the only one who has had complications

I felt like that when I had to come home with a catheter, I know that is mild compared to the complication that you had. I just went home the day I was discharged and cried because my doctor kept saying, I dont understand what is going on with your bladder not waking up, your so young. I have only been feeling great since I was put on an antibiotic....before that it felt like someone ran me over several times. On another note, a 62 pound weight loss is something to be proud of, Congrats!

I went home next day as well. Pain in shoulders is the gas they pumped you up with... Lasts till about day 5.

That is good to know. Most of my gas pain has been on the left side of abdomen to the center by chest area.

I have an app on my phone, Lose It. I love it. If you have android or iPhone, you should try it out. You can also connect to other people w it.

So I am excited today. I talked with the nurse on Monday after my fall accident (shower) and everything there is ok. We also talked about my weight loss and my Water intake and she told me to really concentrate on the water intake more than anything this week. So I did. Had my Protein in the AM and then set a timer to beep every 3 minutes and I would sip. Kind of annoying, but it worked. I got 70 ounces in Monday, 62 Tuesday and goal of 66 Wednesday-today. I was so proud. Then the best part.....

I weighed at 1 week postop on Monday 265, today, only 3 days later I weigh 260!!!!!!!!!!! So the water is helping things move along like she said! So remember get your water in :)

Thanks for the ideas girls!! It might have been the lactose, but I never had problems before (which I know means nothing now). But I was thinking maybe it was because I took my meds first thing with my tea and I think that might have set me off? I have taken am ones today with my muscle milk and seems to be feeling much better. Also, much more gas/belching today, which I would prefer to the other stuff. :) But thanks, cause now I'm gonna pay attention to milk products. I only ever drank almond milk before my surgery because I don't dig drinking another animal's breast milk, but my nut said no. :(

Just opened my injury flavorless Protein mix... Mixed with 20 oz Water and a generic crystal light packet... I cannot believe it all i taste is crystal light it's amazing

Really? Truly and seriously? Lol I am super picky and all protein has been yuck and intolerable so far. I love Crystal light. Hmm.

I just took a bath and the warm Water sure helped my shoulders. I'm sure it is gas as I'm still on liquid and barely getting in water. Taking a deep breath hurts and when using the little pump. Just so sore. I'm just working on getting on wAter.

Glad you are home, praying over your healing!

Thanks and yes I am the one who nearly died I have lost 62 lbs since my surgery on dec 3 however I am still not feeling right just yet and it is upsetting that it seems as if everyone is doing great in this group and I'm the only one who has had complications

Hang in there sweetie. You have overcome some of the complications without great odds. we will get there and we are all here for you.

Oh I wish I could take a warm bath, sounds heavenly for my back. Can't for another week due to the glue used on my incisions.

Guess what everyone? I weighed myself today and have officially entered the un-terrible two's!!! So exciting!! Hope everyone is doing well and praying for you all. This is a rough road, but I it's worth it!