Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not sure if anyone have the same problem that I have but I find its hard to go on a date. A lot of the guys that I have gone out with don't understand how little I could eat and they are offended by it, It could also just be the type of men we have here in Ottawa, Canada :-(

I always figure if it's meant to be you will find the right person that will understand you.

I've just started dating as well. I tend to avoid food on the first few dates. But I always just say that I'm really watching what I eat and I really don't have a big appetite.

If they aren't understanding then I doubt they would be supportive of your choice to have the surgery.

I'm still nervous about when I have to tell a guy about the surgery though...

I try to be upfront right away since I know right away when I tell them how they re-act and my that I make my decision if I see them again.

But so far all the men I have told have not been supportive. I'm sure I will find a decent guy in Ottawa one day

That's what I do, go to movies and then 3 date we go for diner and then it goes down hill from there :-( oh well I just hope Mr right is out there

You should start a new thread for singles looking to date!!! It would be wonderful if u found someone who knows about the surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Great idea

The good guys are out there! I've been seeing someone for about a month and just told him about the surgery. He didn't even bat an eye! His aunt had had it and he knows all about it.

I had trouble getting dates at first. When most of my weight came off I had gone through a lot of changes. My hair was much thinner and I had an "average" body by then. I didnt eat like like an "average" person though. One guy I was dating thought I was a bulimic. When he found out the truth he was relieved... He was also a heavy man. Later, I dated another guy. He was slender and handsome and cared abut the way he looked very much. When I told him about my surgery he broke things off because he knew I'd probably "get fat again"!! What a jerk. Of course I was terrified to tell any guy about my surgery after that... A couple weeks later that jerk I was dating roommate called me and asked me out. I thought he probably just wanted to ask questions or make fun of me... Well, he had nothing but the best intentions. In fact his sister in law had also had a bypass and she did gain all her weight back. The fact that he knew I had a bypass and that he witnessed for himself that people can gain weight after bypasses and he still wanted to be with me. ....well all I can say 2 years later we got married. I had a lot of rejections in the beginning and a LOT of guys come out of the woodworks when they found out I was thin. I found a man who loves me no matter what I am or will be or could be. ADVICE? Don't settle. Get what you deserve.