Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nervous And Second Guessing My Decision

I am six days out I have no regrets so far the frist few days have been hard but I can't wait to see were my body will take me.

When I was in the hospital the girl who was my roommate came in a day after I was in there and said she regrets having it because see could not keep anything down but it did seem to me that she failed the surgery she said she drinks red bulls and and other things she should not and kept asking for more pain meds every half an hour.and then when the weekend was over just got up and left. I don't mean to judge just share.

My mother also had this done 10 years ago and has kept the weight off all these years she has no regrets and has kept off 120 pounds.

Best of luck to you.

I will be 8 months post op in a few weeks and I have no regrets what so ever. I would do it again in a NY second !!!!! I was lucky where I was back to work in a week, I had no problems or issues AND I followed my surgeon's instructions exactly !! Which I think is key for success. Surgery is a tool to help you lose weight, only you can make it a success by working with the surgery buy eating healthy, Portion Control and exercise.

I have surgery next week and am following all of my surgeon's instructions. I am nervous about surgery but am going to go through it no matter what.

I'm just over a year post-op and the only regret that I have is that I didn't do it 20 years earlier. It is major surgery. There are risks. There are no guarantees and there are no absolutes. I'm sure you'll hear from some folks who have experienced complications and may have regrets. But statistically speaking, the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor of having a truly life changing experience that you will never regret. After living with obesity and all of the associated comorbidities for many years, it is difficult to put into words how truly amazing the benefits of this surgery are. You're gonna love the new you!

Well at 5 months post op I have no regrets, but when I was 2 months post op I did. I was not able to keep things down and was throwing up after every meal. I was crying all the time and basically hated my decision, but then I went to the doctor and found out that was normal reaction to this. He got me good medication and things started to turn around. 80 pounds later and 5 pant sizes later I am thankful I did this!

Well at 5 months post op I have no regrets' date=' but when I was 2 months post op I did. I was not able to keep things down and was throwing up after every meal. I was crying all the time and basically hated my decision, but then I went to the doctor and found out that was normal reaction to this. He got me good medication and things started to turn around. 80 pounds later and 5 pant sizes later I am thankful I did this![/quote']

So glad you're feeling better..and congrats on your progress..its encouraging