Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weekly Challenge

I get the dingbat award today, but at least I walked 2 miles! I had an appointment to take my truck to the dealer to fix a broken heater core. But when I left the house, my truck wouldn't get out of gear. So I drove in one gear all the way to my regular mechanic then walked the mile to work. As soon as I got here, they called and told me it was fixed. They simply pushed the little button to take it out of 4 wheel drive and put it back into 2 wheel drive. DUH. So I turned around and walked the mile back to get my Jimmy. I did everything from checking for flat tires, putting it into 3rd, 2nd, 1st gear, checking emergency brakes. It never occured to me that I was simply 4 wheelin' to work!

Chris moved my truck last night so he could work in the garage. Only a man would put a truck in 4 wheel drive just to pull out of a driveway!

So I got 2 miles walking (1 of them up slant (not quite a hill.)

Oh, so I never made it to the dealer to get my heater fixed, but since I was late and right by the DMV, I took my written test and got my motorcycle permit. HA HA, Chris failed the written part the first time even though he's been riding for 20 years. I aced it the first time... hahahahahahaha he's gonna be jelly in his belly!

WHOO HOO to everyone that lost or maintained.

Way to go LISA for getting your permit. That will chap his a$$. LOL!!!

Breakfast: Protein Bar, 16 oz Water

Lunch: tuna salad, 1/2 piece of bread, 16 oz Water

Supper: NOt sure yet. Probably some Soup or something light.

Exercise: 2.5 miles this morning power walking.

Still struggling with the water intake but getting there.

Well folks... the Weider Cross Bar is definitely going to kill me... yup! I did the chest and abs yesterday while trying to figure out how to use the machine... and did the arms/upper body program today... OMIGOD! My arms are still shaking! I have to say... I rather enjoyed myself ... pretty sick...yes??? Let me tell ya... if my arms are still flapping in the wind after using this machine on a regular basis... then surgery will be the only option remaining!

Woo Hoo Moment... When I got dressed this morning... decided to try on a pair of 18 jeans that were too snug a week ago... and they fit... NICELY! I'm starting to feel like a normal person that can walk in public without wondering what the people behind me are thinking!

My husband started a walking challenge at his work... so we will be walking every evening as well as my Weider workouts... hopefully those size 18's will be too loose in a couple of weeks!

TTFN

Darcy

Way to go Darcy! A work out and a great NSV!

Two weeks from today I have my Dr. appointment! I can't wait to find out everything. It seems like it is taking forever!

Betty

Darcy thats great! I am happy for you. Penni I have a question for you? You may have allready answered it but if you did I missed it. I notice when you post what you eat that you allways say how much Water you had with your meals. My question is: Do you drink whike eating or do you wait a while?

Janie: that what I drink after the meal. I never ever drink with the meal. That is taboo. LOL!!

Hiya Everybody!

It looks like it must be a busy week for everybody?

Teresa... how about those test results... hope you did better than you expected!

Marie... I'm going to be daydreaming about the crab leg you will be eating for me while you are off enjoying yourself this weekend!

Lisa... Hope we have all been able to help divert your attention this week????

Michelle... How's every little thang???

Betty... The finish line is just up ahead... I can hardly wait to hear how your appointment goes!

Janie... I don't know if I told you how much I enjoyed looking at your creations on your website... talented woman you are!

Rebecca... ( I love your full name... tis one of my favorites... I used to name all of my dolls Rebecca :mad: ) I hope you are feeling better????

Penni... Got Water? ??? Now... Drink... rest...Drink... rest.... Drink... :D

Leatha... You're part of the party now... Wassup????

Okay... having a pretty good week... lots of walking and Weidering. :D Aunt Flow also popped in... so hopefully that will make a nice difference with my weigh-in on Monday... crossing my fingers. We will be spending the night at our cabin for the first time this weekend... hope the mice stay out of my sleeping bag! We always work out hinders off when there... which keeps my hands out of the cookie jar... so to speak!

Hope everybody has a terrific weekend!

Darcy

Hi Darcy!

Just wondering where your cabin is? Is it on a lake? We use to fish a lot in WI when I was a young thing. Our family use to take vacations the town of Minong? I am not sure if I spelled it right or not. I love the scenery there.

Yup, days are counting down, 12 to go! I can't wait!

Have fun at the cabin and don't work too hard.

Betty

Hi Darcy and everybody,

Well I'm no chemistry scholar, I can tell you that... I took it pass/no pass and failed to get a pass by 19 lousy pounts. I had a meeting with the teacher yesterday and she is going to check about doing a grade change and let me retake another test or ??? I know, it totally sucks... I feel like I entirely wasted the last 4 weeks but at least she is willing to work with me and get me past it. She really is a nice and good teacher but chemistry is NOT my best subject by any means. She also realized that this is the last class I'll ever need to finish my B.S. and can't wait till spring when its offered again so hopefully it all gets figured out. At least now I know I had legitimately passed the first two series of this chemistry class. I had kind of thought she was helping me slide along then. NOPE, passed them all on my very own. AMAZING!

I am wondering about getting a first fill soon. I didn't lose anything this week. Stayed the exact same. I know, bodies naturally plateau, etc. I still haven't gotten to swim for about a month now because of class and pool closure for maintenance, so I feel like things would really improve if I got my but back to the pool next week. I'm not really eating any more than normal BUT weirdly enough last weekend I felt like I could eat anything and NOW for the last two days eating has been a huge struggle. Just getting a small portion of Protein in me has been giving me trouble. Unhealthy Snacks seem to go down easily no matter what else is working or not working though. Back to the first fill idea, with the last two days of difficulty I almost wouldn't feel safe being any tighter when the band is being so stubborn. I wish we could add fill by the push of a button depending on the day and band personality. Something like one of those adjustible beds maybe??? Anyway best wishes all, Teresa

Darcy, I'm totally annoyed at myself for not taking the time to address each of you indivdually! But I'm at work so I gotta read thru the posts and zip responses as fast as I can.

Betty.... my heart just took a leap and I lost my breath for you... only 12 days left. I'm so thrilled that I'm not dying any more, so anyone getting closer to their surgery makes me all giddy. I hope it goes smooth for you.

Teresa, sucks, totally sucks about the chemistry. My 2 cents about your fill is to hold off. You've got to allow plateaus - it's just part of life. I was totally depressed when I didn't lose anything for a solid month, but then a couple pounds came off all at once. Let your body adjust, chill out, then re-think the fill. Cause I said so : )

Beca, the whole "DH" think you use took me awhile, but I'm thinking you mean Dear Husband, which is totally darling.

Penni, blah blah blah, I already talk your ear off!

Michelle - well, she just rocks cuz she sent me more clothes. Now I almost called in sick because I couldn't decide what to wear - too many choices. I've never, ever had so many clothes in my entire life. I HATE shopping, so I'm digging it! Thank you!

Boss is coming gotta go!

Darcy, I'm totally annoyed at myself for not taking the time to address each of you indivdually! But I'm at work so I gotta read thru the posts and zip responses as fast as I can.

Betty.... my heart just took a leap and I lost my breath for you... only 12 days left. I'm so thrilled that I'm not dying any more, so anyone getting closer to their surgery makes me all giddy. I hope it goes smooth for you.

Teresa, sucks, totally sucks about the chemistry. My 2 cents about your fill is to hold off. You've got to allow plateaus - it's just part of life. I was totally depressed when I didn't lose anything for a solid month, but then a couple pounds came off all at once. Let your body adjust, chill out, then re-think the fill. Cause I said so : )

Beca, the whole "DH" think you use took me awhile, but I'm thinking you mean Dear Husband, which is totally darling.

Penni, blah blah blah, I already talk your ear off!

Michelle - well, she just rocks cuz she sent me more clothes. Now I almost called in sick because I couldn't decide what to wear - too many choices. I've never, ever had so many clothes in my entire life. I HATE shopping, so I'm digging it! Thank you!

As far as "my" weekly challenge, this week I challenged myself to call someone each night. I missed Wednesday because I got home too late and didn't want to wake everyone up, but I made up for it by calling 2 people last night (Michelle, calling you counts even if it was an accident.)

So I didn't pig out, althought I did have a few bites of late night Snacks out of hunger... bad mistake. No matter how hungry I am, I can't eat an hour before bed or I feel like I'm choking and I don't sleep well.

Boss is coming gotta go!