Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weekly Challenge

Hi All!

I am finally chemistry free for the time being (provided I passed it) I had a descent B going into the final so I am praying it will be enough just to pass the darn class. I never do well on her exams.

About this PB thing. I have a problem with it. It doesn't happen THAT frequently but I would say on average maybe once every week or two. It is NEVER from eating too much. For example last weekend I had some really yummy steak at my mom's house (weirdly enough I have never had a problem eating ANYTHING at moms house) but I took some leftovers home for lunch the next day. I cut it up in small bites and really made sure to chew BUT evidently it wasn't well enough chewed because I was very sick and PB'ing on that one. I couldn't even hold liquids down for a bit. I think the next day I tried the steak again and it worked fine. My only thought is maybe I don't pay enough attention to that first bite and it backs the whole system up. I think that is what happened in that steak incident. I think one piece was firmly wedged in my little hole. I had hardly eaten more than a few bites when the whole incident started. I hate it when it happens but I guess it does verify to me that I still do have some restriction.

As far as stretching the pouch... I don't know? I don't know how flexible that area is or its elasticity. My meals are not as big as they ever were preband but I do have times when I eat more than other times. I hope I'm not stretching the area. Band abuse... HMMM, well I do smoke which a disgusting bad habit but I didn't have the time or the will power to quit before surgery. I am hoping the welbutrin will help that but who knows... I do allow one diet soda per week and I do allow my one daily candy bar. If I eat that treat too early in the day then I have to choose healthier Snacks later on.

I am proud to be under the 300 lb mark. I have really been focused on chemistry the last two months so I haven't been able to focus on healthy home made meals much lately. The last two weeks I haven't been able to do swimming either and now that pool is closed till Sept 20th for maintenance. I have been making sure to take more stairs but otherwise my excercise has been pretty nill. I can't wait to be able to do more of it next week. I have actually missed being able to walk the dogs and do yard work. I miss swimming a LOT too but will get back into that as soon as possible.

Since I have yet to get a fill, I have not met my fill doctor in person yet, but I got good news last week. I had referred a couple of other people to him and one of them emailed me last week and said he was excellent. I actually can't wait to meet him! She was going to one doctor who charges something like $400 a fill and he missed her port a dozen times in once session. She went to this fellow in Portland and I guess he got it right on the very first try and she loved his personality. Best yet he only charges $150 the first visit and consultation and then $75 for all other fills. I am glad he worked out so well for her and it made me more confident about it when I do need one. I just think that since I keep steadily losing (it has slowed to about 1.5 lbs per week recently) and I still have to be careful about PB's I just don't think I need one yet. I track my calories and still average the same so ???? Maybe I had a big fat esophagus and it just happened to get cinched up real tight during surgery. I don't know. Anyway sorry this has rambled on but the prior posts brought up some personal revelations. Thanks for all the love, Teresa

One of my worst pre-band binges was a pint of Ben & Jerry's after stuffing myself with food. Since banding, I've had ice cream about 5 times. I told Chris I'll let myself have it when I get my period - damn it, we should get something for having one! But I've been good and only eating half one night, then half the next. I'm not sure what got into me the other day but it was definitely stress related because I also peeled off all my nails (trying not to bite them.)

My vice is still booze. Maybe I'll ask Chris to take me to AA meetings. I don't really think I need them, but maybe it would kickstart some new friendships with people that do things non-related to alcohol. All my friends now encourage me to drink, so I need to find some non-drinkers. I'd be just as happy going to movies or bingo.

All my friends now encourage me to drink, so I need to find some non-drinkers. I'd be just as happy going to movies or bingo.

Sounds like a plan there Lisa.

Okay, the official weigh in date is getting near. When I'm done posting, I'm taking the dogs for their long walk, then doing the Total Gym.

I'm making appointments now. I get home from work right around 5:00 p.m. Who is home at that time for a phone call?

Monday - Michelle?

Tuesday - Penni, are you home?

Wednesday - Darcy you?

Thursday - ANYONE??????????????

Friday - ANYONE?????????????

Girls, I'm in a bad, bad place with food... BUT, I'm also a fighter, so I know I can kick this thing and kick Penni's butt at the same time. I refuse to lose! Everyone PM me phone numbers and times I can call you. It will be worth the long distance bill.

And I WILL keep my appointments to call. I will, I will, I will!

Tuesday is good for me darlin. I will be here. let me know what time to expect the call and I will alert everyone so that they know not to bother me. LOL!!

Hey Lisa... Wednesday works for me!

Darcy

GOod for you. IF he bothers you while we are on the phone tell him he doesn't get his present from me.

Well Ladies... AGAIN... I should be happy that I lost any weight at all this week after consuming icecream left and right. I think the only thing that spared me from a gain was the activity. My weight this week... 220.5. You know... if I had just behaved myself... I would be enjoying the bliss of breaking the 220's... *bonking myself in the head*. I'm going to try and behave myself this week.... they are coming to fix my home gym this morning so pretty excited about that!

Leatha... My husband was not hip about my throwing out the ice-cream... which is exactly what I'd like to do! It is my worst vice and from now on... I will insist on going to the minute mart for one ice-cream bar instead of 4 different and delicious half gallon flavors!

I think I had my first ALMOST PB this weekend... I hadn't eaten for almost 7 hours after Breakfast and my stomach was hungry and hurting... there was nothing else available in the truck except these horrible butter flavored pretzels... I ate 4 of these 2 inch long things to hold me over and all of the sudden... needed to get out of the truch and take a walk in the woods to find an appropriate bowing chuncks local! I had Water with me and told myself... DON' DRINK... you'll be sorry... I DRANK.... SLIIIIMMMMEEEE... MORE SLIMEEEEEEEE.... but... it finally went down! THat was not a pleasant experience.

Anyhoooo.... have a good week everyone!

Darcy

Good morning Darcy,

Gee, what an image to wake up to! No wonder they call you Gross Darcy! :D Just kidding. Sorry about your slimey incident. I've still avoided going there.

I think you are being too hard on yourself. You are doing great and still losing. It would be nice if it went quicker, but it's also nice to live a normal life. Do you have some little dishes for eating ice cream? I eat out of tea cups most of the time. I kinda collect cute dishes, so I enjoy it. Of course, I could fill up a tea cup enough times to make it useless, but I'd have to think about it more.

My relapse into liquids has given me a nice loss this week, but already I'm trying to make up for it. DH bought a sugar-free apple pie and I've eaten 2 pieces, just the innards. I don't even LIKE apple pie! Go figure! I guess the slippery little sweet things just felt good going down. :)

Good luck in this new week everyone! ;-)