Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weekly Challenge

That's Awesome Teresa! WTG girl!!!!! Next weigh-in you're going to get safely below that number... I just know it! You should be pretty darn proud of yourself for accomplishing weight-loss while under so much stress! I hope the Wellbutrin does the trick for you... it turned me into a space cadet... so it was Zoloft for me! The nice thing about Wellbutrin is that taking it is not associated with weight-gain and it tends to curb any type of addictive behaviors. There is usually 0 sexual side effects which is also a bonus.

Lisa... I'm going to work on my whining skills... My hubby will be thanking you. :D Can't wait to see picks of your digs when you're finished!

Marie... where are ya sweetie pie???

Betty... Your appointment is just around the corner... YAY!

Rebecca... How goes it for you?

Michelle... WHere the heck is menopause when we need it eh? I know that's why I am craving naughty things... pretty soon my face will be erupting as well... ahhhhh... the joys of being a woman... do they never end???

Penni... Hope you made it home safe and sound and hopes and prayers being send for your friends on the island.

I'm still a big butthead today... but... planning on hitting the road to run errands and then attack the yard with the lawnmower... maybe that'll cheer me up....LOLOL.

Teresa, I really do think you need to hi-five everyone you see today including strangers. Don't even explain yourself. Girly, you wanted to see under 300, and you did it. It's that simple. Far FNG OUT, seriously.

Okay, I want serious answers here.

Who on this board is abusing their band? I'm having major issues at night. There's no doubt that I've stretched my pouch on several occasions.

I have some good days, but I'm seriously struggling at night, and I think I'm damaging my pouch. I've gone to bed kinda sick feeling about 5 times in the past month - not good.

Is it only me? Does anyone know when the FDA is approving the brain band?

Abusing our bands HUH??? I just knew I was going to abuse mine while on Vacation but I didn't. I never once even came close to PBing. NOT ONCE. Then what do I do when I get home. I PB. YUP!! I do it. So, I think the low carb diet I was doing in Jamaica had a lot to do with it. I eat lots of high carbs when I get home and think it will be OK when I know it isn't. I just don't listen. I gourge myself with JUNK. I am feeling it too. I am tired, sore back, sore legs, achy all over and feel bloated. I did not feel this way in Jamaica. I only started feeling like this when I started eating JUNK again.

Ok so I know what the problem is so why don't I fix it? Delarla, where is that Brain Band? Let's develop it OK. Makes a bunch of money and then retire.

Darcy, thanks for missing me! I've been a really bad bandster, feeling crummy, and eating even worse, and riding the ole bike just a couple of times this week. Boy, do I feel the effects! I think being sick, then the cat incident just maxed me out for a while. It doesn't take any time to undo good habits. I am so unhappy with Me right now. Well, enough of this pity-party. I'll get back in line.

P. S. I did catch Thomas (the stray) and he's getting changed from a rooster to a hen even as we speak and all his shots. Hopefully, he'll behave himself now.:D

Somebody please help me understand this band. Why do some people PB while others stretch the pouch? If you PB, do you stretch?

If I'm eating too much for my pouch, why don't I PB? Since I don't PB, that means I'm stretching the pouch, right?

So I think PBing is a good thing.

I'm even learning ways to eat past golf-ball-in-throat. If you have chicken stuck in throat, eat Pringle and it pushes it down.

Lisa has lost her last marble.

THE ULTIMATE CONFESSION:

Gulp, here goes *** hands shaking in fear of you people.......

Last night I ate a pint of Ben & Jerry's. It took me 2 sittings, but I ate the whole thing on top of too much dinner.< /p>

I always thought PBing was caused from too much restriction. If you take too big of a bite and do not chew it properley and dont eat it slow, it is almost like feeling like you are backing up..I have only PBed twice once with my first fill and once with this current fill. Lisa you may not have proper restriction..becasue with this fill I have there is no way I can eat past the golf ball feeling..if I put a pringle in my mouth to push the chicken through I would be sure to PB..NO DOUBT!

PBINg I did not think had anything to do with stretching your pouch..the only times I have PBed was when I took too big of a bite and did not chew it properely or ate too fast, it had nothing to do with the total ammount of food I consumed. My first PB was 1 single bite of a triscuit..my 2nd PB was on sushi ( rice) and it was only like my 3rd bite ..this is jut my thoughts on PBing I could be so wrong!

I am not sure about the PB phenom but here is what happens to me when I PB.

I can be eating and not having any problems at all. Then I take one more bite and that was TOO much. I should listen to my body but NOOOOOOOOOOO I take one more bite and boom I PB. That is my fault.

I can also not chew properly and take too big a bite and that can cause you to PB.

It isn't strictly about having too much of a fill. It can simply be from not following the Band guidelines for eating.

Lisa I am not sure why you don't PB. I do know if you continue to abuse you band as you say you are doing then you will have undone all the good you have accomplished. I think with all the stress in your life with the Harley purchase and the remodeling and the finance concerns you are doing the only thing you can think of to compensate and that is reverting to your old eating habits. Take the doggies for a walk when you get the urge to eat something bad. Clean the house. Rearrange the living room. Beat up Chris. Anything to keep from eating.

Just my musings.

Yes Lisa..do anything and everything you can to keep your mind off of the food..stay far away from the kitchen...CALL ME when you have the urge..talking on the phone will get your mind off of it....This is a bad demon we fight every day..we all know this but you have done so well to sabbatoge yourself now. Dont give in to the food demon! CALL ME I will talk you out of it

It's the freakin' TV. When I'm alert, well rested, etc., then I don't plop down in front of the TV. But when I'm wigged out (like lately) all I want to do is PLOP when I get home - it's all my mind can handle. Soon, very soon all this insanity will be behind me.

I can't wait to get my bike license to give him a taste of his own medicine. Let him sit on the couch with his mind spinning while I'm gone for hours at a time, and oops, forgot to recharge my cell phone!

Lisa - Take a big breath! You have been working so hard on your house, no wonder you have an appatite! You need to stop for a few hours and smell the roses! lol You have a lot going on right now, just try to make better choices if you need to eat something. Throw that darn ice cream out! lol

Hugs to you! I am sending you some {{{{{DO NOT EAT JUNK FOOD}}}}} vibes!

Betty

Hi Ladies,

I'm not doing so well. I have a call in to my doctor, but haven't heard from him yet. I think he's in Hawaii.

For the last week, I've been having discomfort in my throat, like something is stuck, but it isn't. It doesn't feel good to swallow. I thought it was increased pressure due to postnasal congestion coupled with the band pressure. Sometimes I cough against it, like a lump in the middle of my throat but not like the painful golfball, not as intense. Now I have a sore throat (not unusual with my allergies) and I have a weird pressure, churning feeling around my band, so the discomfort has moved down.

I tried not eating today, but then ate a little. It puts so much pressure on my throat and chest after I eat that I'm watching the clock until I can wash it down an hour later. It doesn't totally go away but is worse after I eat. I've been hungrier lately but can't eat more than half a cup, and maybe even less. I don't taste reflux and didn't feel burning, except woke up today with a sore throat that might be burning, I don't know.

What a bummer! I feel pretty bad right now. Can't say it is pain because it is so dull, but it doesn't feel good. I'm going to ask my doctor for a test when he calls and I just took a Nexium and I'll start taking that again. I took it for several weeks after surgery, which is routine for my doctor.

Sorry to be such a bummer. :D At least I lost the couple lbs. I gained over our last trip. But now I'm kinda worried. Sigh....

Well Miss Becky... that sure doesn't sound very good at all! I am so sorry you are having to wait on a return call form your Doc... I sure know how that feels! I'd stick with full liquids or very soft foods until you find out what is going on... if you can. If it gets worse... promise you'll go to the E.R....okay?????? ((((hugs))))

Leatha... get your butt in here and join the crowd!

Lisa... I have never PB'd... but have had intense pain mid chest when I eat too much or don't chew well. Once I have an episode of pain from overeating... everthing is hyper-sensative no matter what type of food I eat. I have been on an ice-cream kick too... why does the darn stuff slide down so easily!?!?

Marie... It's good to see you are alive... maybe not well... but if you are getting better... that is a good thing! I hope your Ex-Tom doesn't spend too much time searching for his McNuggets. :D

Well... had too big bowls of ice-cream today... how's that for looking for a big weight-gain???? It was "light" ice-cream...lolol. Oh well... this week is looking like a bust for me... Hopefully I'll gain some control over myself soon!

Darcy AKA "Double Scoop"