Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weekly Challenge

Hi all, my cable is still out so no TV and no computer. It's driving Chris INSANE cause he keeps telling me I gotta call the cable company. I refuse. He's the dickdork that let the tech hang up after I held on the line over 1/2 hour - let him call them back!

Anyway, I started the day off on the wrong foot with really fattening coffees. TWO of them with whipped cream and extra fat. But now I'm drinking my Water. Last night was good.

Gosh, I may not be able to post till Tuesday since it's a 3 day weekend and I have no cable connection. Withdrawals.

Best wishes to all... Teresa, I'm handing you a Kleenex since I cried the first time I stepped on the scale and was no longer in the 300s. Friggen GO GIRL!

Darcy, pm me that number, just in case!

Michelle - living in your wardrobe!

Biker chick - excellent suggestion to learn on his bike before screwing up my own! Funny! However, I doubt I'll ever buy my own. I'd rather have a boat, but great idea just in case.

Lisa, please don't get mad, but ten years from now, is it really going to matter who got the cable/dsl fixed? You're going to give yourself an ulcer! It just "ain't worth it"! You've done so great on your weight loss, please don't let unneeded stress undermine you. I only say this 'cause I care.:):D

Yeah Lisa ...

We Miss you..We need you as much as you need us..Get the cable fixed! I'm goingthrough Delarla withdrawls..we need your humor here :)

My whole world is broken! Now my phones are broke (all I can hear is static.) Phone company did a test and said I have an in$ide wiring problem. hahah, cracking up. No TV, no phones, and my front room has electrical surges. Forget about the Harley, I'm trading in my truck for an Amish buggy!

I called the phone technician... now I'll sit on hold for an hour with the cable company.... the electrician will show up when my front room explodes and all the lights in Vegas go out.

Pooooor Lisa! That is terrible! I remember coming home one time with no electricity in the wintertime (I had forgotten to pay the bill...) I was so desperate for lights and heat, I paid the extra $75.00 to have the guy come and hook it all back up after hours. My mom teased me for an eon about being so wimpy and not wanting to camp out in the dark for one night. I could care less about cable, but I would really miss the phone and computer. You have my sympathy.

You need to come to Oregon for a long weekend sometime. We inherited a 1967 Dorsett boat. We had the motor repaired last year and we are doing some minor stuff to the body but definitely hoping to get it out on the lake next year. In the meantime we need to renew the expired registration and get our boaters license. Figure we can get all that done in the winter. It isn't a fast boat but it will be fun just getting out and feeling the cool lake breeze. I grew up with canoes and sailing boats. I love Water. Anyway hope your life gets unchaotic soon. Teresa

Okay, all you people with cabins and boats and homes on the lake make me want to poof smoke out of my nose! Jealous - that's my dream. However, Chris has built a quite impressive trailer for the Harley. Someone dumped a hunk of junk off a week ago, and today it's shiney black with snazzy lights... I'm impressed at his work. What this means is traveling in my future! He's gonna have to spiff the truck up next, then we'll be off to camping trips all over the place, plus have the bike on the back for long rides. My class starts 9/24, then I'll try for my license at the end of the 3 days. So yes, my house is falling apart, but there's nothing I can do about what Chris already spent, so at least I can look forward to having some fun at the end of all the repairs, right? I keep telling myself, "Lisa, none of this is gonna matter one day anyway."

Tomorrow is my official 4 month weigh in. I'll do my best!

Yeah! You won't be sorry Lisa, it will give you many hours of enjoyment. It is good for you too, stress wise. You'll meet tons of new people, and never see a stranger on the road that rides a bike. It is a whole new life. Hey, who knows, maybe someday you will come to Texas and we can ride together. Have fun!

Betty

It's official: I'm a gang member! We rode all day yesterday in a pack. But they're really not a gang, just a great bunch of people that meet every Sunday at Starbucks, then decide where we'll ride. About 10 bikes. Went to the lake, ghost towns, etc. We stopped in Nelson, NV at the train tracks and all put coins down. Bunch of bad ass bikers acting like kids smashing pennies. It's horrible on my back. I had back surgery, and after 1/2 hour my back goes numb. But at least it's something that burns calories even if I'm just sitting on the back since fear speeds up the metabolism, and we were doing close to 100 for a while.

We stopped at about 4 bar & grills, and everybody ate at one point in the day but all I had was beef jerkey and tons of liquids. So I made up for it by eating too much today. Naughty band girl!

Sounds like fun! Riding in a group is so much fun! And, it looks like you lost more weight! We did a lot of riding over the weekend too but just the two of us. The weather has been perfect for it. I am going to try to get Thrus. and Fri. off, my DH is off on vacation and we are going to take a trip somewhere and spend the night, maybe up to Possum Kingdom lake.

Betty

Is anyone else back from a 3 day weekend but your head is stuck in stuck in neutral so you can't move?

I need a jolt. Why do we have to work?

Count me in! Boy, it seems like nothing is going right! I am working today and tomorrow and taking off Thursday and Friday. I will have to go through it again on Monday! Oh well, I will pay hell for another long weekend.

Lisa - Where did you go on your long weekend? It sounds like you have your work cut out for you with your house. I hate remodeling, but love the after looks. Just think of all the exercise you will get though!

:D :D

Betty

Hi all!

We got back yesterday from a motorcycle trip to a lake in Oregon (from CA) and we had a great time. Too good, in fact. This is the first time I think I've gained weight since banding. OUCH! I'll weigh officially on Thursday, but I think a couple found me again. I called my doc and set up a fill appt for next week. Then ran to the computer store to fix my dead computer's power cord. It went down the day we left town and I was anxious to get it fixed the whole weekend.

Today I'm gonna try to be good. Good to be back to the board and see how you are all doing.

Hang in there, Betty. It will go so fast your head will be spinning. :D

Gotta get ready for school!

Saturday I hammered out tile from my bedroom. I had carpal tunnel surgery last year, and taking up that tile really screwed up my hands and back. Sunday we rode with about 10 bikes all over the desert. Yesterday I finished pulling up the tiles.

Our entire house is tiled, but the previous owners carpeted 1/3 of the master bedroom. It's always driven me nuts because I'm a Libra and I need my balance, so part tile/part carpet in my bedroom drove me batty. So tomorrow I'm having carpet installed in the master and also in the guest room. New ceiling fan, cable repair, pool resurfacing, repairs to the kitchen floor. I hate it all too, but it sure feels good when it's done!

Oh, and I splurged and bought a brand new California King bed for the master, but I won't pick it up till the carpet's in!

That all sounds great! Looks like finances are finally going good for you huh? You will have to give us all the royal tour when we are there in Oct...We just re did my 16yr olds room with the coolest paint job, new baseboards, new carpet, new window coverings, new bed the works basically and new baseboard and doorjams with paint in the hallways and you are so right...it feelsso good when it is done!