Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Iced Tea Dilema

This southern girl loves her iced tea. Which I used to make by boiling up a simple syrup( sugar ,water, Lipton) I've since switched to the Decaf and Splenda. Which is fine when the tea is pre made. Like the way they serve it up at restaurants. My problem is at home. It's not the same any suggestions

surgery 10/17/12 pre op wt 215 surgery wt 201 current 181

Just throwing this out there, wonder if an Ice tea maker might make a better brew. I know what you mean about making it at home. Or if you try another sweetener like the truvia.

This southern girl loves her iced tea. Which I used to make by boiling up a simple syrup( sugar ' date='Water, Lipton) I've since switched to the Decaf and Splenda. Which is fine when the tea is pre made. Like the way they serve it up at restaurants. My problem is at home. It's not the same any suggestions

surgery 10/17/12 pre op wt 215 surgery wt 201 current 181[/quote']

Try stevia liquid form

Snaple half and half sells a diet tea, only 10 caloirs… its good, but if find any thing other let me know

Snaple also has a diet tea with peach. I actually liked it until the cold started wearing off.

I'm an iced tea junkie also..I drink Diet Decaf iced tea made by Swiss. I thought the snapple ones have caffiene in them...

I too am a southern girl who loves her sweet tea! I make my tea in a pot on the stove- old school lol, I put Splenda in the pitcher, not good at measuring, so somewhere btwn .5 & 1 in from bottom, then I pour the hot tea in & stir. Add some ice & cold Water to top it off. I make it all the time & everyone loves it, they don't even notice it's Splenda ;)

Nestea Zero. This is a Coke product. Probably not available south of the border tho. I'm pretty sure it's only available in Canada. I'm enjoying one right now.

I work for Nestlé. We have 3 brands of iced tea. Nestea, Sweet Leaf, and Tradewinds. They all have diet teas, though none are caffeine free. Tradewinds also has an unsweetened tea that you could sweeten with Splenda or liquid stevia to your liking.

Snaple half and half sells a diet tea' date=' only 10 caloirs… its good, but if find any thing other let me know[/quote']

This tea is awesome, thanks for the suggestion!

Don't know a recipe for you, I'm a Yank :P but I can add this link for you to check out some really cool KINDS of tea, as well as accessories. www.republicoftea.com. P.S.- I'm a Yankee proud and true, but have always longed for this Sweet Tea ya'll speak of.

I'm sorry, I can't get that link to work, my editing feature won't work to fix it. Just google , republic of tea. Sorry.