Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2012 Members Post Op

Almost 8 weeks post op and down 55 pounds. Feeling so good and so happy with my decision to have RNY!

Left- night before surgery 330 lbs.

Right- tonight 275 lbs.

Great job! Way to go!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I'm a November 2012 surgery I'm now 7weeks out and have lost a total of 45.5lbs and two pants sizes. But I'm having insomnia anyone else? Any suggestions?

11/27/12 Surgery - Almost 5 weeks out

Day of Surgery Weight - 238

Current Weight - 214

at a stall for 3 weeks now

Anybody else stall for this long?

I'm a November 2012 surgery I'm now 7weeks out and have lost a total of 45.5lbs and two pants sizes. But I'm having insomnia anyone else? Any suggestions?

I have had some issues sleeping but I had open and am still wearing a binder 24 hours a day so I think that is partly my issue. My doctor did put me on medicine to help sleep.< /p>

Current Weight - 214

I'vE been in a2wk stall....gggrrrrr....we'll get past it! Very frustrating tho...I'm going to try just shakes(bleeekkk) for a few days and see what happens

I have had some issues sleeping but I had open and am still wearing a binder 24 hours a day so I think that is partly my issue. My doctor did put me on medicine to help sleep.< /p>

I'm not sleeping good either...i fall asleep and within 1/2 hour I wake up...this is every night...

I'vE been in a2wk stall....gggrrrrr....we'll get past it! Very frustrating tho...I'm going to try just shakes(bleeekkk) for a few days and see what happens

When was your surgery? I have been on regular foods since week 3, I don't know if that is the issue. I track everything I eat though in my fitness pal, I am only allowed to walk right now but I do that. I am pretty close to 500 calories average per day since I can't eat too much at one time but I try to eat several small meals per day like I was told to. Getting very discouraged. I see people throwing up big numbers and I definitely am not doing that. I worry that my surgery didn't work..If I could just lose 1 pound every few days I would be thrilled. Instead I lose a pound gain it back the next day. ugh.

Your Protein Shake alone should be giving you 200-300 calories. My guess would be that your boby is in starvation mode and is holding onto as much as it can. Try getting your calories up to 700 or so.

Your Protein Shake alone should be giving you 200-300 calories. My guess would be that your boby is in starvation mode and is holding onto as much as it can. Try getting your calories up to 700 or so.

I don't really drink the Protein Shakes that much anymore. I did for the first 3 1/2 weeks but now I get my Protein from tuna, chicken, things like that. I had a very hard time drinking the protein just too much. Plus I am very picky. I will try uping my calories though. Thank you.

My surgery was 11/20 ...yea I might need to add more calories...i was getting around 800 but I think I've dropped again...i also try to eat like 5 small meals ...one of my faults and probably the biggest is I haven't been able to get out and walk as it's been so cold here...going to take the xmas tree down so I have room for my exercise bike for now ....it is frustrating seeing some of the others bigger weight loss..i try to remind myself not to compare cuz every one is different...also I'm sure I'm older than many on here....I'm 49...I've give thru cancer which eliminated me going thru menopause but I still have the hormone effects with weight gain...ugh!! I thoughT by now I would be down 40 lbs not 22! And yes I play that game with the same lb every day!

I'm in the same boat. Down 27 and had surgery on 11/19. At around 600-650 calories a day. I know I need to exercise more but my weight loss had always been slow. I know I'm in starvation mode. The last few days I'm not hungry but I feel my body craving food. I also feel my blood sugar drop around meal times. Don't fret. It will come off. But I've become terrified I won't get lower then 231. That's always the weight I can't get below. We shall see. :-)

Current Weight - 214

Hey, jessouder, we have the same stats pretty much. SD was 11/29. I've been stuck at 215 from 236 for about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. I'm not too too worried about it. I know I need to add more calories by now. I just renewed my gym membership so I can workout a little more (lightly though because I'm not officially "cleared"). I think that and more cals will kick things back into gear.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Yeah I've been plateaued at 236 For the last 2 weeks now. I usually wake up at 2 or 3 am every night. Its cool because I get up and work on homework.

Im patient with the weight. Im going to get more exercise, Protein, and Multivitamins in. Eventually it will come off. It has to!