Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2012 Members Post Op

The regular one is about 20 grams of Protein and about 190 calories for the chocolate.

I'm thinking about sucking on one. shakes are no longer my friend.

I bought Premier Protein from Sam's it has 30 grams of Protein 160 calories 11.5 ounces. 12 for 20 bucks so not bad. since I am 6 weeks I can now eat the premier Protein Bars too. they have a lot of calories 290 but still in the range we can have because they have 30 grams of protein. for every 10 grams of protein the calories need to be 100 or less

I agree I can't do shakes anymore... I'm going to try Protein bars ...

A

Shakes make me nauseous

I tried pure Protein bar since they have it at sheetz. Good but did not even finish it. And the one I bought was high in calories.

Stephanie

Ok thanks Stephanie ... I see its lactose free Good because I can't take lactose anymore.

It's so funny... I had no problems with shakes at the beginning now I just can't do them. I gag one down a day but I'm scared I've stretched my pouch trying to eat Protein. I only do a 1/4 cup at a time but an hour later I can eat again. Oh well. In a week I'm going to try a soft Protein Bar.< /p>

It's so funny... I had no problems with shakes at the beginning now I just can't do them. I gag one down a day but I'm scared I've stretched my pouch trying to eat Protein. I only do a 1/4 cup at a time but an hour later I can eat again. Oh well. In a week I'm going to try a soft protein bar.

We need to go protein bar and Protein Drink shopping! Lol. I was never able to do any powdered Proteins. The low calorie boost aren't that bad! But the one I bought today was great!

Stephanie

lol we should! All the premade ones make me nauseated. I'm actually afraid of them now.

I tried making one this morning before work. I smelled it. It sucked. Lol.

Stephanie

Hey Ladies. I have no idea if I'm getting enough protein.... I should probably be measuring. I started my Multivitamins and that was reallly aweful. I was well nauseated by them, even though they were chewable - what was worse was I was on a bus into town when the nausea hit. worst. feeling. ever.

My pouch is not a morning pouch. My morning pills seem to drop in and hit the bottom of it with a thud. It also hates cold drinks, which sucks since I prepared a whole bunch of crystal lite ice cubes before surgery. A friend brought me some crystal lite back from the states (I live in New Zealand), and I was hoping since its summer here to have blended Ice for liquids (and to blend my fibre into lol). Sadly its room temperature "flavoured" Water for me...

I also Dumped for the first time last week because I was very very weak... I thought that if I mushed up a chip at the pub quiz I was at, that would be ok.... really really wasnt. :( Anyone else dumped yet?

I don't think I've dumped yet but man do I get nauseated. A lot of us use fitness pal to track. They have apps and a website. I'm worm2872 on their. It's cool since you have friends on there too.

My pouch hates mornings and late evening. And cold. Ugh.

It's so funny... I had no problems with shakes at the beginning now I just can't do them. I gag one down a day but I'm scared I've stretched my pouch trying to eat Protein. I only do a 1/4 cup at a time but an hour later I can eat again. Oh well. In a week I'm going to try a soft Protein Bar.< /div>

I know how you feel.....eeecccckkkkk lol!

The regular one is about 20 grams of Protein and about 190 calories for the chocolate.

I'm thinking about sucking on one. shakes are no longer my friend.

I thought that I would stay on shakes. But now I cannot stand them. However, there are some days when I am forced to use them - I simply find it to hard to eat. I think this is because on the day before, I "pushed" my pouch a little too far. So Protein Shakes are going to stay a part of my diet, even though I detest them.

I know how you feel.....eeecccckkkkk lol!

no more shakes for me - i just hate them

i gag at the thought of a Protein Shake - even though i need to be using them right now

Hey Ladies. I have no idea if I'm getting enough protein.... I should probably be measuring. I started my multivitamins and that was reallly aweful. I was well nauseated by them, even though they were chewable - what was worse was I was on a bus into town when the nausea hit. worst. feeling. ever.

My pouch is not a morning pouch. My morning pills seem to drop in and hit the bottom of it with a thud. It also hates cold drinks, which sucks since I prepared a whole bunch of crystal lite ice cubes before surgery. A friend brought me some crystal lite back from the states (I live in New Zealand), and I was hoping since its summer here to have blended Ice for liquids (and to blend my fibre into lol). Sadly its room temperature "flavoured" Water for me...

I also Dumped for the first time last week because I was very very weak... I thought that if I mushed up a chip at the pub quiz I was at, that would be ok.... really really wasnt. :( Anyone else dumped yet?

I had a little oops on my way to my follow up appointment when I got stuck needing to pick up something on the go. I got mcdonalds oatmeal and asked for it plain....they didn't make it plain so I ate around the cranberry/raisins/apples, but I FORGOT about the brown sugar they add. Needless to say I had "food poisonings" type symptoms within about 15 minutes. Chills, Diarrehea, Nausea, and headache. It only lasted 30 minutes and 2 bathroom trips ..THank GOD!

My pouch hates cold stuff, I can't even do frozen yogurt. My nurse Jennifer, a gastric bypass patient herself, said it is common. I LOVE campbells chicken noodle Soup with a scoop of tuna on the side and so does my pouch. My doc said that unlike normal Pasta the noodles couldn't possibly swell in my pouch because they have been soaking in liquid so long. (Mind you this is the condensed stuff not a homemade type soup.) I/my pouch like room temperature or even a little warmer when we eat or drink. Ironically I like cold milk still, that is IT. Warm crystal lite lemonade is my favorite. Soup broths help to up my Fluid intake too so win win.