Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What now?

Hi everyone

i'm new to this site but subscribe to a similar one in the UK.

I have my goal....target weight...not too much excess skin....so you would think i would be doing cartwheels, jumping for joy but i find myself in a really weird situation, what do i do now?

i've spent so many years trying to lose the weight...now it's gone...sounds a bit pathetic but i feel kinda lost..

thanks for listening

Hi Sunny - Congratulations - you must also feel so proud. I've been to a skinny weight before and I know what you mean - esp now being banded things surrounding food, eating, etc really hit you in the face. I've also realized how entrenched being 'fat' - always dieting - always thinking about food - body image etc. just is - it really becomes a part of us - and maybe some of that never goes away. It might be helpful to shop for new clothes, consider a new hairdo - some changes to validate your new size/look. Now is the time to branch out and try something new to replace all the time, energy and effort you have spent on weight loss. Of course maintenance poses new issues as you'll see and maybe even counseling is in order. You will face many challenges and experiences in your new bod but it is still YOU. Good luck and I am truly happy for you.

Sunny---I hope to soon have that concern, maybe we can wander around together, thin!!! Not meaning to make light (yes that pun WAS intended) of your question....how about volunteering for something that can get you excited----Children's Make a Wish---a local food pantry....something you can work on as much as needed while you adjust, and would help out someone more than you can imagine! I used it as a tactic to avoid thinking about the weight I needed to lose about 3 years ago, I worked with a local group trying to insulate seniors homes, and locate funds to help with their out of control heat bills. It was very rewarding! Now I am babysitting for my 2 year old granddaughter so it makes doing that pretty difficult, but I fully intend on doig something of the sort again!!

Good luck, and congrats on making your goal---what an inspiration!

Welcome to LBT--we are glad you are here!!! We welcome the voice of experience!

Kat

Thank you so much everyone for your replies and making me feel so welcome

i'll have a good think about all your suggestions and turn this thing around and make it a positive experience

sending you all my best wishes and love

Dear Sunny

I hope you are feeling better and have found some peace of mind. I would also recommend maybe seeing a counsellor, just to have somebody to talk through your worries. I just know from personal experience how talking can help you look at things diferently and move on with more ease.

I look forward to being banded myself, but it is a very long wait. I live in the UK and would love to know which UK site you subscribe to here. It would be of great value to me to get some 'local' input and advice while I am waiting.

With much respect and awe for your great weight loss,:clap2:

Mari