Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4cc banders-what is your final fill amount?

Just trying to get an idea of what the average "perfect" amount of fill is for most people with the 4cc band. I'm going in for my second fill this Thur. I've got 2cc's right now and was wondering if I should go with 1/2 a cc or with a 1/4cc. My restriction in the morning is good, but after I eat something....I can eat quite a bit, probably atleast 10oz. in a half hour. I hear once you get the band 1/2 full, that every small fill after that is pretty noticable. Do you think a 1/2cc jump is too much? Thanx Brian

That is SOOOOO variable by the person. Mine is at 1.5cc and I have good restriction. You will find HUGE variances as no one is alike. What I perceive as restriction you may not even notice. In the postings Ive not noticed a common amount for restriction.

Good Luck!!

Like was said, it really depends on the person...I have 2.75 in mine and the dr said I couldnt have another fill till after I lost another 30-40 lbs...It feels like I have pretty good restriction right now if I could just stay away from snacking between meals

I have 2.5 now and am a little loose. 2.5 has carried me since about July of last year. A few weeks ago I went in and was brought up to 3.0, and that was too tight. So they unfilled me to 2, then brought me back to 2.5. So here I sit, still a little loose. :)

My sweet spot, at least for a while, is going to be somewhere between 2.5 and 3.0.

I'm at 1.5 right now. In mid-December, this amount was a tad too tight, and I got a .25 unfill. Then, in mid-January, I got filled back to 1.5, and it seems just right. In my opinion, if you have "some restriction", .5 cc might be too much of a jump. I'd go with .25 (or less), if you really feel like you need more restriction.

Tami

I got up to 2.0 in Nov. was banded in July 06, and was too tight and had my first unfill back to 1.6 cc's in the 4cc's inamed low profile band. I went last week and went back up to 1.9cc's and am tight. I've already pb'd 2 times in 4 days. This will probably be the most I get.

HI Tami, yes - I was too tight. That's why I had some removed. When I go back in we're going to take 0.2 cc "baby steps". Don't want to be too tight again. :)

I just got a my first fill at 1cc. I don't feel anything though. When I eat I do feel like sliming but not sure if that means I'm restricted or if I took a big bite or what it means..help! How do I know if I'm restricted or just eating too much. I don't feel the difference at all as far as tightness.

Good Morning

My first fill in December was 1.5 and i didn't really feel any restriction.

I just got filled yesterday to 2.5 and i definitely feel a difference. I have to be on liquids for a day so it will be hard to tell til I eat foods - buit I notice a big difference just with liquids. I was trying to have a slimfast shake for Breakfast and i have been sipping it for an hour. I probably have a half can left but its no longer cold so I'll just wait til i get some broth at lunch....

Yeah, yesterday my PA who does the fills suggested that I go another 1/2cc for my second fill which would bring me up to 2 1/2. Supposed to be on liquids for 2 days and definitely notice a pretty big difference. I could only get down about 4-5 oz. of Protein Shake on my 1/2 hour lunch.< /p>