Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Closer It Gets, The More Nervous I Am...

I'm so nervous, I don't know what to do! My surgery is on the 14th and I've told all the important people in my life about it. They are all supporting me and are excited. I, on the other hand, am as nervous as can be. I think that's what happens when you look at google too much. I'm being such a worry wart right now and keeping thinking that this wont work. But then I come to my senses and realize that this surgery doesn't fail too often, people fail the surgery. I think I just have jitters because my pre-op is tomorrow and I'm wishing all the ladies well for a smooth surgery and quick recovery. I'm also nervous that I'll lose friends because of this. They are supportive now, but will they continue to be? I'm glad I have all the wonderful people here in RNY for support in addition to my husband and our families.

The closer my surgery gets the more impatient I get with the stupid petty stuff. Nerves are normal. Just find some good outlets...for example: research the parts that are making you worry, I wrote a letter to myself to remind me why I want the surgery and what I currently can't do, get your nails done (or do them yourself), whatever relaxes you do it! Right now is probably when you will be feeling the most "out of control" because it is in the Dr's hands, but once it is over YOU have the control over what you eat and how you let others make you feel. Surround yourself in positive influences (people & food) and get rid of the JUNK (people and food) that are going to hold you back! Best Wishes and Good Luck! I think your nerves are probably a great sign that you care about what is going to happen to you. Now all of this is just my opinion, but I am, have been, and will be in your shoes and this is what I would want someone to tell me :) My surgery date is Nov 26th.

I think the letter idea is great I also read and artical that said cut out pictures of hair cuts you like and outfits you like so that when you are recovering you can look forward to the new you and how you will dress or hair you will try ! I am November 16th and all I can think about is that day hard to get anything done :)

Dawn, thanks so much! I will write a letter to myself to keep as a reminder if why I'm doing this. Your response helped my nerves a bit an I will take your advice and be proactive about things. :)

I think the letter idea is great I also read and artical that said cut out pictures of hair cuts you like and outfits you like so that when you are recovering you can look forward to the new you and how you will dress or hair you will try ! I am November 16th and all I can think about is that day hard to get anything done :)

I really like that too dotted! Sort of a vision board for after surgery. That will give me something to do to take my mind off of things.

Peachee Hi! I totally understand what you are saying. I am having surgery on the 12th and google is definitely your friend and for lol. Just breath and keep reminding yourself of why you wanted it to begin with. I am also getting more nervous but know this must be done. I would love to have a bypass buddy to keep in contact with so if you are interested let me know.

Hi Eva! Thanks so much. I'd love to have a surgery buddy. Are you on the November board with us?

I totally feel the same way peachee... I am two days out and have a blizzard of thoughts and worries going through my head. Thanks Dawn for the great perspective, the letter idea is great and Eva summed it up well reminding myself to keep in mind why I am doing this. Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. We'll all be on the losers bench soon and will need the support.

I so understand the nerves. My surgery is tomorrow, and I am running through all the emotions. happy, sad, scared, nervous, numb and calm then starts all over again. But if we didn't feel this way this wouldn't be such an important step in our lives. THis is a big deal. And we can do it. And very soon we will be on the other side of this with a whole new set of concerns and we will get through those too. We have to keep our eye on the prize, for me it is improved health. Wishing everyone the very very best,

Eeyoregirl & Vicki, I think that's true. We nervous because this in essence is a second chance and such a major step! We all need to keep in touch to support each other through this. I saw another forum about secret pals. Maybe that's something we can start up here! That way we have a stronger support of one another. I think another member is trying to start something similar under the recipe forum.

Best if luck to everyone! We will all be on the losers bench in a matter of days! Prayers and thoughts for you Vicki in making the transition tomorrow. :)

I think it's totally normal. I was nervous all the way until the day of. That day, I was just ready to get it over with. Just pray and go ahead. You'll be fine.

Karma, I think it will be here before we know it. :)

Babygirl, thanks for the encouragement! :)

Karma' date=' I think it will be here before we know it. :)

Babygirl, thanks for the encouragement! :)[/quote']

For sure!! When is ur date?

My pre-op is tomorrow and surgery is the 14th.