Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Else On Liquid Diet For Thanksgiving?

On day 2 of my liquid diet and I'm starting to lose it... I can actually have fruits and vegetables but I'm restricted to 600 calories... ugh... it's going to get easier, right......

I have to do a 2 week liquid diet. My surgery is 12/4, originally was 12/3, so I will be starting my pre-op diet on Monday. I know I don't have to start until Tuesday, but I figured one extra day shouldn't hurt.

I have to do a 2 week liquid diet. My surgery is 12/4' date=' originally was 12/3, so I will be starting my pre-op diet on Monday. I know I don't have to start until Tuesday, but I figured one extra day shouldn't hurt.[/quote']

I'm starting my liquid diet tomorrow as well, so I had my Thanksgiving dinner yesterday! I'm so excited and know this 2 weeks is gonna fly by!!!!!

OMG.... Today was my last day to eat anything I wanted before my 2 week liquid diet starts tomorrow and I wasn't really hungry go figure lol I had french vanilla coffee with whipped cream for Breakfast, a corndog with a few chili cheese fries for lunch, and I had no clue what I wanted for dinner so I let my kiddos pick so it was off to mcdonald's for a big mac meal for mommy and a happy meal for my boys what a great way to spend the day with the guys that mean the most to me in my life :)

One side of my family had Thanksgiving dinner today, it was very h as rd since I am on clears. I felt so emotional and doubting try he surgery. However after it was all over I felt very accomplished! Surgery is tomorrow for me, very nervous but ready to get it over with!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using RNYTalk

Smh.....I will be on a liquid diet for Thanksgiving (surgery Nov 26th!!) ......not sure how this is going to go considering I have to work and we do a huge pot luck! I'm going to have to hide!!! Anyone else in my boat?

I am on a one-month liquid diet through thanksgiving. But now I am used to it and like it. Try varying the shake recipes.

yes i am surgery was to be dec 5 moved up to november 29

I'm really not that worried about it... when I made the decision to have surgery I thought I'd never be able to quit smoking... then I walked out of my 1st appointment with my surgeon and never picked up another one. To me this entire process is a challenge that I am not going to let myself lose! I started using Protein shakes for Breakfast in September and I actually think by the end of this week I'm going to replace one more meal a day with another shake. I'm sooooooo ready to be on the other side of the waiting game!

Wow!! That's MY story! As far as smoking. Today I started my week liquid diet. Its strange that everyone is all over the board on length of liquid pre-op.

We don't need a thanksgiving meal to know the meaning of being grateful and starting a pilgrimage.

Happy holidays future skinny minis!

Had my "education" class today. Surgery is Dec. 4th, so two weeks of presurgery diet. 2 Protein Shakes a day w/Jello, broth, sf popcicles for breakthrough hunger. I also can choose 4oz of Protein and 1/2 c. of veggies for a meal. Not as bad as I thought. Still get turkey and veggies on Thanksgiving but not all the trimmings----- hard part is we are entertaining all weekend! What was I thinking? I think I can, I think I can, I hope I can, I know I can--LOL

Had my "education" class today. Surgery is Dec. 4th' date=' so two weeks of presurgery diet. 2 Protein shakes a day w/Jello, broth, sf popcicles for breakthrough hunger. I also can choose 4oz of Protein and 1/2 c. of veggies for a meal. Not as bad as I thought. Still get turkey and veggies on Thanksgiving but not all the trimmings----- hard part is we are entertaining all weekend! What was I thinking? I think I can, I think I can, I hope I can, I know I can--LOL[/quote']

You can do it!!! Just think of the big picture & the silver lining at the end of the tunnel!!

Dawn & hajones we will be walking the halls together! My date is the 27th at 7:30 with Friedman... thinking I met one of you yesterday!!! See you in the halls!

I am Post-op from November 20th and also on a FULL liquid diet . Thanksgiving is today and my family feels bad for me, but i tell them not to worry. It would be nice if i could have my turkey and vegetables in a blended form?

post-147944-0-95395100-1417119258_thumb.gif

Edited by bajagal101

I didn't have time to have an early Thanksgiving dinner. I found out my surgery date on Tuesday and was told "by the way, your pre-op diet starts NOW" I don't think anyone in the surgeon's office thought I would get approved as fast as I did. From medical clearance by the Dr to insurance approval was 4 days.

I should have added.... My date is December 10th.